45082 99 2014-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
freddiebd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1891184 ft
United Kingdom

DJI F450- Im using a 5000mah 3s with e300 and gopro+gimbal
+IMRC TX and getting 17 minute flight times. My level 1 is 10.76V with 0.7 loss and level 2 is very low (10.0V) because I would rather kill a battery than my quad. Anything else just ask!
Freddie
2014-11-11
Use props
hubmarz
New

Colombia

Hi everyone, i recently finished my F450 with Naza V2 / H3-2D / Lightbridge. I basically have two problems:

1. when flying in GPS mode the gimbal is shaking a lot.
2. shortly after starting to fly the voltage is decreasing from full to almost instantly 10.6V-10.8V and the led is beginning to flash red. via osd i can observe that the voltage sometime goes up again a bit, but after 3-4 minutes the flight is over. checking the voltage after disconnecting i get about 11.1V.
my current first level protection is set to 11.1 with 0.5 loss and level 2 10.6 with 0.5 and i´m using the standard dji phantom  lipo´s.
thanks for your help.

2014-11-14
Use props
jacek.nosal
New

Germany

Hello everyone.

I am now planning to buy an f550 but i got confused a bit and the support guy was not able to answer my question clearly so i turn to the community.

The question is like follows:

I want to buy the f550 kit with the Naza V2 Autopilot (and GPS), then add the 2.4GHz BT DATALINK (not the Video Downlink) and want to use the iPad or PC Groundstation.

Do i need to get a Radio too ? I mean the Groundstation would act as a Radio controller here  plus having the capability to enter flightplans on the map directly, i would assume a separate radio would be only required as a failsafe if the iPad fails (and even then i assume the Go Home option would kick in).

Anyone can shed some light here ?

I have only experience in 6-ch Helis
2014-11-15
Use props
tzanampeths
lvl.1

Greece

Tnx for sharing Freddie and hubmarz!I have the default power values at Naza and with the 4500 battery the red light kicks in at about 6' to 7' and brings the 450 down @ around 8'. When I recharge the battery it takes back about 2500 mAh. So I guess I need to change the power settings...

2014-11-15
Use props
tzanampeths
lvl.1

Greece

@jacek.nosal The GS does indeed have a manual RC function, with soft controls on the IPAD app. So if you never, ever plan to fly your f550 without an Ipad a separate radio is not necessary.
All the best
2014-11-15
Use props
jacek.nosal
New

Germany

tzanampeths Posted at 2014-11-16 14:51
@jacek.nosal The GS does indeed have a manual RC function, with soft controls on the IPAD app. So if ...

Thank you, that is good to hear, i plan on getting a new radio later on as well but only to control the camera gimbal (with the Video Downlink set).

Pity DJI doesnt make a combined Data + Video link with iPad app control so that we have one App to control all functions
2014-11-16
Use props
tzanampeths
lvl.1

Greece

Hi,

I was out testing the new battery setting today, (next post) and I noticed a strange sound comming from the 450, like the motors were loosing sync. It is documented in this video
Personally I don't have a clue what this means, as I'm really new to this game... Well if it was an old car, I would tune the camshaft and/or the breakers timing...
EDIT: Actually I do have the suspision that I raised too much the gains. Does this make sence? Is it possible that high gains would create this behavior?

All help greatly appreciated!
Tnx in advance,

All the best

2014-11-16
Use props
tzanampeths
lvl.1

Greece

Now about the battery.
I used the same level 1 as Freddie, but left the No load to 0 as I plan to measure it.  I also set level 2 to 10.2.
That gave me roughly 16' flight time with the 4500 battery.
After landing the 450 I took a glimpse at the IOSD display and it was reporting 10.2V.
Upon returning home I connected the battery to the charger and the charger reported 10.9V
What confuses me is that, after completing the charge, the charger reports that it loaded the battery with 4784 mAh! :@
IMG_0722w.jpg
2014-11-16
Use props
tzanampeths
lvl.1

Greece

As for the weight:
IMG_0725e.jpg
IMG_0726e.jpg
2014-11-16
Use props
stan
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Just joined this forum my F450 flame is still in the post so I have a lot to learn.
I will be using a Spektrum DX9 & a Spektrum AR8000.
Questions  
1) Should I used the small extension Rx?
2) you say "After programing transmitter" what setting do I need to set in the TX?
I think the build should be easy enough following all the videos on youtube it is the setting up I fear.

2014-11-19
Use props
freddiebd
lvl.2
United Kingdom

tzanampeths Posted at 2014-11-17 00:19
Now about the battery.
I used the same level 1 as Freddie, but left the No load to 0 as I plan to me ...

That seems about right. you landed with 3.4 volts per cell which is perfectly safe. I have found that because the battery is being balanced the charger reads an incorrect reading for the mah. Same thing happens with me my 5000mah charges to 5490 almost every time. I would however increase the level 1 by a bit when you have the load set up. Happy Flying!

Freddie
2014-11-20
Use props
freddiebd
lvl.2
United Kingdom

tzanampeths Posted at 2014-11-17 00:03
Hi,

I was out testing the new battery setting today, (next post) and I noticed a strange sound comm ...

Yes,
That is definitely too high gains.

Freddie
2014-11-21
Use props
saladmaster
New

Canada

Has anyone used a Spektrum DX6 Park Flyer System with Naza V-2? I'm having an issue with the software not seeing the transmitter, and also I wonder if the lack of a 3 position switch might also be an issue? All flashing angry red lights so far lol..
any tips appreciated, thank you
2014-11-25
Use props
icin3d
New

United States

I just joined the forum, new to multis, and here's my F550 I just built. I flown it 6 times (Alti mode only) and I guess I've been bitten by the bug. Since I have plenty of 3S 2200, I've been flying with 2 in parallel getting about 10 minutes of flight time in 20 degree Wisconsin temps. I haven't touched the GPS mode yet - a little gun shy.
The rig: F550, E300, Naza V2/GPS, DX8, AR8000 (w/sat), TM1000.
IMG_1454a.jpg
2014-12-20
Use props
rdthree
lvl.1

United States

DWA Posted at 2014-10-1 13:33
I have AeroXcraft gear and ATG gear.

Here is a comparison between the AeroXcraft from (AeroXcraft - ...

Dave thank you for the information. Is the ATG gear compatible with the F450 frame? I am going to add a camera/gimbal to my recently completed ARF F450 kit.
2015-1-2
Use props
Nicoski
New

United States

hi everyone. I am brand new to the world of hobby drones. My gf bought me a Flame Wheel F450 ARF kit with Naza Lite. I have a few questions regarding the additional equipment i will need.
1. I bought a Venom 20C 3200 Lipo battery but it doesn't say 2S or 3S, and Ive noticed thats what everyone says i need. Will this one be ok?
2. My gf's father gave me his Spektrum DX4e remote control but not the receiver. I know i need a 5 channel receiver. Should i order a Spektrum 6 channel receiver (i havent found any 5 channel ones) online or am i better off buying a new remote control with receiver included? Maybe a better brand?

I haven't begun the build yet so Im sure ill have a million more questions once i do. I greatly appreciate any advice you guys can give me. Thanks.

Nick
2015-1-3
Use props
mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

You need 6 ch minimum and 7 ch to control a gimble or retracts..  Dji has a new controller and receiver out right now that is way better than a spektrum tx and rx and dji system is only 160 bucks on eBay Here is the link.  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-DT7- ... hash=item1c462acc1f
2015-1-5
Use props
mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

If you use a different radio system other than dji's then you need 6ch minimum and 2- 3 position switches on the controller to be able to switch between all the flight modes of the naza and if you want a gimble then 7ch and retracts then 8 ch.. I run 9ch to run everything like gimble, retracts, and lights on top of the 6ch needed to control naza. And make sure there is a knob for 1 of the channels cuz you need it to control the gimble properly
2015-1-5
Use props
richard1979
New

United Kingdom

Hi all,

I'm having a few problems with my f450 and was wondering if you chaps could assist?

I've flown it a few times with no problem, but have had a couple of small crash landings recently.

I flew it today and started fine, but after a couple of minutes, it started to tilt on its own accord, and I ended up rolling it after loosing control.

I used the other 2 batteries I had and the same thing happened after hovering true for a couple minutes.

Could anyone shed any light on this? I'm quite new and i'm still not quite understanding some of the functions on the naza assist software. Could I sort it out on there?

Also It can be hit and miss if I get a solid green gps display on the LED, and when I do and get airborne, it starts flashing red.
Is this normal?

Hopefully easily remedied, any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Richard.
2015-1-5
Use props
jasontufty
New

United States

Hi guys,
I just put together my first DJI. F450, Naza Light, E300, DX9.
I wish I had done a bit more research before getting the Naza light. I would've spent more up front to get more features.
2015-1-5
Use props
foxman500uk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 668953 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi would someone possibly post me a link on how to set up my dx6 for my f450 with naza lite possibly an spm file or some sort of guide there seems to be plenty for the dx6i but not the dx6 which has a 3 way switch. Thanks
2015-1-30
Use props
trevor.racing
New

Canada

Has anyone hear used http://www.greathobbies.com/productinfo/?prod_id=EMXMT2213920C,

should i go for the above or for DJI e300
2015-3-1
Use props
rsmarnold
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3176083 ft
  • >>>
United States

trevor.racing@g Posted at 2015-3-2 08:19
Has anyone hear used http://www.greathobbies.com/productinfo/?prod_id=EMXMT2213920C,

should i go f ...

I would stick with the E300 if I were you.
2015-4-15
Use props
rsmarnold
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Nicoski Posted at 2015-1-4 12:07
hi everyone. I am brand new to the world of hobby drones. My gf bought me a Flame Wheel F450 ARF kit ...

If it is 3S you are good. 2S will not work.

You need at least the DX6
2015-4-15
Use props
rsmarnold
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

rdthree@bellsou Posted at 2015-1-3 06:47
Dave thank you for the information. Is the ATG gear compatible with the F450 frame? I am going to  ...

Yes it is Compatible.
2015-4-15
Use props
rsmarnold
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Dave thank you for the information. Is the ATG gear compatible with the F450 frame? I am going to  ...

Yes it is compatible.
2015-4-15
Use props
DWA
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

jeff.saundersj@ Posted at 2014-11-6 08:09
I'm a newbie, and just completed my first F450 test flights, You said you, "charged the battery and  ...

I general idea with lipo usage is you should not take more than 80% of the packs mAh while flying.

So if you have a 2200mAh pack...  2200 X .8 = 1760 so we should never see more than this going back into the pack during a charging session.

use this math with what ever mAh you have on your batterie.
2015-6-5
Use props
DWA
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

tzanampeths Posted at 2014-11-10 01:44
Hi everybody,

Battery blues:

I think the LVC in NAZA is set too high.

I use:
First level: 10.85
Second level 10.30
2015-6-5
Use props
DWA
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Yes it is compatible

Dave
2015-6-5
Use props
DWA
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

icin3d@bloomer. Posted at 2014-12-21 12:19
I just joined the forum, new to multis, and here's my F550 I just built. I flown it 6 times (Alti mo ...

Looks great! good job on the build!

Dave
2015-6-5
Use props
DWA
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

richard1979 Posted at 2015-1-6 00:43
Hi all,

I'm having a few problems with my f450 and was wondering if you chaps could assist?

Do a IMU calibration. Bacic and advanced. Also do the compass dance calibration.

If this does not work it means you messed up your IMU bad in one of your crashes.

You will need to uninstall your NAZA unit and smack it on a table fairly hard. It sounds crazy but it works. It resets the IMU in some way. I forgot the exact way it works. you could google it.

Dave
2015-6-5
Use props
pssumra
lvl.1
Canada

DWA Posted at 2015-6-6 03:18
Do a IMU calibration. Bacic and advanced. Also do the compass dance calibration.

If this does not  ...

Hi,
I upgraded my flamewheel F450 which had sunnysky motors and a KK board to the following:

DJI Naza V2 M
DJI E600-4 kit
DJI H3 2D
GoPro H3+
DJI ground station
3000mA 6 cell battery

When throttling hard I get fast vibration in the frame so would like to know what the optimal settings are in detail for fast fun flying that I had in my old setup and would like to know the bigger batteries i can install and expected run time. The rig weighs 2.4 KG as above.

Thanks,

Parmjit

wtec3 at hotmail dot com
2015-6-8
Use props
DWA
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

pssumra@gmail.c Posted at 2015-6-9 00:53
Hi,
I upgraded my flamewheel F450 which had sunnysky motors and a KK board to the following:

I have never used the e-600 so I am not sure. You will need to mess around with your gains to find the sweet spot.
2015-6-9
Use props
F550
New

United States

Hi ...
Just joined this forum and notice a lot of good information being shared.  First a bit about what I am presently flying -

FlameWheel F550 - E300 ESC's and 2212/920KV motors
CFR 9450 rotors
NAZA-M V2  INS
iOSD Mini OSD
Zenmuse Gimbal & Controller
BosCam TS-352 AV Tx
GoPro Hero 3+ Silver
Add-on Camera Rail Extension Kit
Add-on Rotor guards  ( Found these from a company in Fla. )
and lastly, a Storm 3C 5500 mAh battery ( 11.1v )

All of the above results in a Take-off weight of ~1945 grams - The F550 has a "Max" of 2400 grams.
As set up, I'm  getting consistent flight time of around 10 minutes.  Nothing spectacular, just shooting
videos of the scenery.

Which brings me to the reason for this post ...

I would like to change up to a 4C 8000 mAh Lipo ( 14.8 volts )  I plan to retain all of the above gear and
have checked, and all claim to handle the increased voltage.  I will pick up about 258 grams of additional
weight from the new battery, but also will have increased my mAh by 2500. I'm confident this will increase
the flight times.

I'm aware that I will have to, using the Assistant Software, change settings for Battery Type and the Voltage
alarm levels ( 1 & 2 ).  What i am wondering is, can I use the existing Pitch, Roll, Yaw, Vertical and Attitude
gain settings I presently have with the 3C battery or can someone, perhaps with a similar setup ( 550/4C )
suggest some other settings.  
Will appreciate any help you might wish to provide ...
2015-9-21
Use props
rogerkapsalis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1340610 ft
  • >>>
United States

tzanampeths Posted at 2014-11-9 13:44
Hi everybody,

Battery blues:

Takis, The battery limits don't have anything to do with your flight time. If you're using the E300 or higher ESCs and Motors, go to a 4S 8000-10000 mah battery. With no gimbal, you should get 15 min.

2015-9-21
Use props
F550
New

United States

rogerkapsalis Posted at 2015-9-21 20:02
Takis, The battery limits don't have anything to do with your flight time. If you're using the E300 ...

Understand about battery limits - They protect the drone from a low battery ...  In the Assistant Software there is an input for battery type - believe it's on the first page ...
Anyway, I have ordered a 8000 mAh LiPo and will give it a try and see what it produces.  
Am also thinking of changing out the original landing gear for one that has more ground clearance.
Looking at the ATG mentioned elsewhere ... I again, will be able to do away with the camera extension
rails ( a note here - they work just fine as advertised, but I have twice now damaged the edge of two rear props when landing too hard !  There is flex in the mount that catches the rear tube mounting grommets with the edge of the prop. )  My fault each time for the hard landing !  Nothing else damaged, just the props ! ( and my ego ! ) Have weighed the components of the existing extension and if the new gear comes in at its advertised weight, I'll pick up about 10 grams with the new gear.
Guess I'm on my way to "customizing" my FlameWheel ...  A nice drone and cannot, still, believe the
videos the Hero takes !!    Thanks for the reply !
2015-9-23
Use props
rogerkapsalis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1340610 ft
  • >>>
United States

F550 Posted at 2015-9-23 18:27
Understand about battery limits - They protect the drone from a low battery ...  In the Assistant S ...

Yes, you seem to have really long rails. No need. These are mine.

http://www.aeroxcraft.com/landin ... -gear-set-p-20.html

2015-9-24
Use props
F550
New

United States

Looked at that set ( AeroXcraft ) and another from ATG.  Both very similar, but the ATG has slightly more ground clearance and weighs marginally less.
As I fly in the desert, I'm often faced with ground clutter and think the added clearance might be a good choice.   Thanks again for the info !
2015-9-24
Use props
F550
New

United States

Just a quick note for the "newbies" ( like me ) out there who may be trying to use the DJI "Assistant Software" to check out their "bird" ...
When I came to the  BASIC > AIRCRAFT > MIXER TYPE screen and tried to run the "Motor Test" ,  I initially was unable to see any movement
from the motors.  I had removed the propellers for safety reasons.  In subsequent emails with my dealer ( HeliPal ) I was told that the
motors in fact do not spin up ( as I had assumed ) but rather "bump" just briefly !  Putting the propellers back on the motors then
allowed this brief movement to be seen !  Maybe this will help anyone else who is scratching his or her head over this issue ...
2015-10-2
Use props
F550
New

United States

Just an update on my latest activities...  Have tried the 8000mAh LiPo and found the F550 WILL lift the added weight but much of the hoped for additional flight time (mAh) was used up in keeping
the bird aloft. Have returned to the 5500 mAh batteries.  
The new landing gear works very well,  having survived but another hard landing ( sigh ! ) where it basically came unsnapped but with no real damage to either drone or camera.  
Picked up the shed parts, snapped all back together and made two more short flights.   Also have fitted the drone with a take-down GPS antenna mount for easier transport and highly recommend
the blade guards for anyone who is experiencing ( as I ) "hard" landings. With the cost of CF rotors @ $15/pair they more than have paid for themselves after the latest "incident".
2015-11-16
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules