Water skiing - not full screen
834 2 2016-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sevadu
lvl.2

Netherlands

I have a new favorite place, about 10 minutes from my house. Checked it out a few days ago, and with nice weather there's a lot of activity on the water. Great opportunity to practise pilot skills. Since it's open water, it's easy and safe to fly pure on FPV, as I can't see the P3P few hundred meters out.

First unfortunate thing is, I'm pretty sure people who are water skiing would like to see the footage of themselves, but you can't get in touch with someone if they don't even know or see from where you operate your aircraft.

Second thing, with this particular video, is that it's not in full screen. I have no idea how that's possible. Anyway, I wanted to share this with you, especially to gather some valuable feedback from the experts. I know some of the movements are not as smooth as I'd like to, but that's still a matter of practising with following moving objects (especially a jet ski can make sudden unexpected moves).

2016-7-25
Use props
sevadu
lvl.2

Netherlands

BTW:

1) I used to shoot in 4K, but it seems my Macbook Air doesn't have enough power to either edit and render in 4K, or to watch in 4K, as I never get to watch smooth videos. 2,7K works better for me.
2) Some shots were done around dusk. Shooting in bright daylight is some much nicer. Anyway, I never seem to get the beautiful rich color I see in other videos. Any tips for my settings in the DJI Go App and/or Final Cut Pro X?
3) I loved the last shot, where the guy launches the jet ski towards the P3P
2016-7-25
Use props
sevadu
lvl.2

Netherlands

Got the solution to the full screen issue. When importing the files into Final Cut, it asks for a number of options. In case of 2K, I can select 2048x a range of options. Just googled that, and it appears that 2048x1536 - which I selected - is not full screen. 2048x1152 is, so I'm now trying that for my next video.

(I chose not to edit my previous post and delete the reply. Maybe someone else uses the Search option if they have the same question and comes across this answer)
2016-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules