Tablets for Phantom 4
21806 46 2016-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3b652141
New
Flight distance : 10443 ft
United Kingdom

Having major problems with my Tab A, i've done all the debugging thing and revoked thing and the automatic opening of the DJ go 4 app, but is there a sequence I should Follow?  Sometimes I can get it then 5 seconds later I try it and nothing,  help, Anyone!
2017-3-2
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

If you are going to go with a Galaxy Tab A go with the 10"....the 10" has 2gb of RAM where the 8" only has 1.5gb...I know it doesn't sound like much of a difference, but it works perfectly for me, while I have seen others with the 8" saying they get some lag and stuff.
2017-3-2
Use props
GlennGoat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>
United States

I recently bought the Samsung Tab A 8" from Costco for $159 (still there as of now) and it has worked great.  Connects every time, has GPS, large bright screen  - no problems so far.  
2017-3-22
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3799423 ft
Australia

turbojoe69 Posted at 2016-8-20 11:09
Just back from picking up one from BB. I had to wear a hat and sunglasses... I'm an Android fan...lol
I tried several Galaxy devices. 6.0.1 is a PITA to get a connection. 6.0 Android connects fine ??
Going to give this Apple a try. DJI seems to prefer there OS. No onboard GPS is a bummer but not a deal breaker for me.

You could get one of these later on.
https://www.amazon.com/Garmin-Po ... hicle/dp/B00AYAZENY
2017-3-23
Use props
Roger the artis
lvl.1
United States

My Samsung Tab a updated and I was also requred to update the phantom 4 (not pro) and now the tablet does not recognize the phantom. Any suggestions? I'm not good with forums but my email is roger@bansemer.com  Thanks
2017-3-31
Use props
Roger the artis
lvl.1
United States

louinjax Posted at 2016-7-30 14:19
Using a Galaxy Tab A 8 inch for a while It worked great until it performed an automatic software update to Android Version 6.0.1. Then it would not connect anymore. I had to go into developer settings and make a change each time I wanted to connect the drone. What a pain! I just bought a new Galaxy Tab 7-inch via Amazon for $129.00 which has Android version 5.1 which is working great. I'm going to use it only for the Drone and keep it in the case.

What changes did you make in "developer settings" in order for it to work and are the developer settings in the DJI app or the Samsung app? Thanks
2017-3-31
Use props
fansd77b4cd0
lvl.2
New Zealand

I've heard the NVIDIA Shield K1 gets a lot of glare, so if anyone is considering that you may need to get a sunshade as well. I think the Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 is really good as well. I use an iPad mini 4 and it's perfect, i also use a samsung galaxy s8 and that runs it fine as well if anyones looking, you can compare the specs of some of the best tablets here.
2017-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules