DJI care service slow
2327 14 2016-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tobynickell_lea
New

United Kingdom

I crashed my brand new Pahntom 3 advanced and as i took out the care plan costing £169 I want to return it to get fixed.

I am really stuggling to get any sense fro DJI. I'm based in the UK and called the Germany centre as advised on the DJI chat application, once i called germany they said they are not the people to speak with and gave me a number in the Netherlands ; 0031 180 745 735. I have called this number 10 times plus and it has not once been answered.

I have filled out the forms I was told to fill out by the EU support team and returned them (via email), but now ono one is replying to my emails and I have no clue what to do now.

I paid £169 for this service and to be honnest I wish i hadnt bought it and just had it repaired locally as this is really annoying.

Can someone please help as this is my last resort!
2016-7-27
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for your experience,Toby.Could you provide me with your ticket number or case number?Thank you.
2016-7-27
Use props
tobynickell_lea
New

United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-27 12:06
Sorry for your experience,Toby.Could you provide me with your ticket number or case number?Thank you ...

Thanks for getting back to me, I have not been given a ticket or reference number yet this is who i have been speaking with via email; support.europe+id245177@dji.zendesk.com

I filled in both required forms and now heard nothing back.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
2016-7-27
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

tobynickell_lea Posted at 2016-7-27 19:14
Thanks for getting back to me, I have not been given a ticket or reference number yet this is who ...

What's the email that you use to contact with our tech support?
2016-7-27
Use props
tobynickell_lea
New

United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-27 12:15
What's the email that you use to contact with our tech support?

my username @hotmail.com
2016-7-27
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Thanks for your feedback. We'll look into it.
2016-7-27
Use props
tobynickell_lea
New

United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-27 12:27
Thanks for your feedback. We'll look into it.

I received an email now asking for a picture of the SN numbers on the box which i sent back straight away.
Now nothing. I just wish you would explain the procedure more clearly as I keep replying then hearing nothing back for days.
2016-7-27
Use props
tobynickell_lea
New

United Kingdom

tobynickell_lea Posted at 2016-7-27 16:13
I received an email now asking for a picture of the SN numbers on the box which i sent back straig ...

If only i could just speak to someone on the phone it would make this procedure so much easier.....
2016-7-27
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

tobynickell_lea Posted at 2016-7-27 23:16
If only i could just speak to someone on the phone it would make this procedure so much easier..... ...

I can understand your feeling.Do you have an electronic service agreement? Which email address did you use to activate the drone at the very beginning?
2016-7-27
Use props
mmarkoe
First Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-27 21:49
I can understand your feeling.Do you have an electronic service agreement? Which email address did  ...

DJI-Paladin,
I'm having a DJI Service issue with repair under DJI Care. I prefer not making the issue public. Please contact me via email (myusername@gmail.com).
Thank you,
Marty Markoe
2016-7-30
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

mmarkoe Posted at 2016-7-31 05:35
DJI-Paladin,
I'm having a DJI Service issue with repair under DJI Care. I prefer not making the is ...

Could you tell me your RMA number?Is your drone under repairing now?
2016-7-31
Use props
mmarkoe
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-31 22:26
Could you tell me your RMA number?Is your drone under repairing now?

RMA #0718201688960322914

Yes, sent in for repair. Sent in copy of DJI Care contract. Viewing remaining balance on DJI Care shows $1289.00. On the FAQ Page for DJI Care at http://www.dji.com/support/djicare it says:
"Unlimited Repairs
There is no limit to the number of times your aircraft can be repaired, provided the coverage amount is not exceeded"
Further DJI Care descriptions are at: http://store.dji.com/product/dji ... om=related_products

On July 28th I received an Invoice in the amount of $1099.00 with the Remark: not covered under warranty per flight data

I made several calls to DJI customer support inquiring what the flight data issue was. On 2 calls I was told by the repair customer service representative they could not put me in touch with the repair department but would look into this and get back to me. The only follow up to these were further copies of the Invoice. Another representative put me on hold saying she would check on this. After 10 minutes on hold the background music stopped playing and after another 5 minutes of blank space I hung up.

One of the representatives mentioned the repair cost was because water damage was not covered. I explained that the P4 only went into a small stream after, I repeat after, seeing the message on the tablet saying, "Lost signal." If it lost signal, it is either a malfunction or pilot error which are explicitly covered in the DJI Care contract.

Sincerely hope this can be resolved quickly. I'm leaving US for Europe on Wednesday. Although I'd hoped to take the P4 with me, I cannot realistically expect to receive it in time. However, it would be a great relief to take my vacation knowing this issue will be resolved before I leave.

On another note, considering the quoted Invoice cost of $1099.00, it is my feeling this is intended to just induce one to purchase a new P4. On eBay, authorized dealers are selling units for $1100.00 to $1200.00.

Sincerely,
Marty Markoe
2016-8-1
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

mmarkoe Posted at 2016-8-1 21:27
RMA #0718201688960322914

Yes, sent in for repair. Sent in copy of DJI Care contract. Viewing rema ...

Our colleague has sent an explanation to you. Unfortunately your aircraft is water damaged. It is not covered by DJI Care.You can check the policy here:http://www.dji.com/service/djicare/info dji care.JPG
I'm sorry,Marty.
2016-8-2
Use props
mmarkoe
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-2 04:30
Our colleague has sent an explanation to you. Unfortunately your aircraft is water damaged. It is  ...

This is incorrect. The P4 only went into a small stream after, I repeat after, seeing the message on the tablet saying, "Lost signal." If it lost signal, it is either a malfunction or pilot error which are explicitly covered in the DJI Care contract. Since it lost signal first then it does not matter if the resulting damage is caused by going into a small stream or rocks or anything else. At  http://www.dji.com/service/djicare/info#dji-care-info-s1 where among other Scenarios (see below) it Includes Operator Error and Signal Interference. If either of these is the cause of it going in the small stream then DJI Care is responsible for the repair. As I have $1289.00 remaining, I expect to receive a repaired P4. In addition, I already spoke to a legal representative and mentioned the unit I received on the previous repair was not a repair but a remanufactured replacement and thus for all we know the replacement may have had the defect to lose signal.  See proof of this below as the replacement serial and gimbal #s do not match the original.

Kindly do the correct thing and repair and return the P4.

Sincerely,
Martin Markoe

BASIC INFORMATION
BACK
AGREEMENT NUMBER        AIRCRAFT SERIAL NUMBER        GIMBAL SERIAL NUMBER        COVERAGE AMOUNT        REMAINING BALANCE
FCU26X7QLT01DV8A        07DDD4F0A10231        07RDD340010130        USD 1399.0000        USD 1289.00
REPAIR INFORMATION
Case No.        repair cost        Remaining Balance        Created Time       
1605049D8-0568        USD 110.00        USD 1289.00        2016-05-27 16:19:42       
SERIAL NUMBER REPLACEMENT RECORD
Old Aircraft serial number        Old Gimbal serial number        New Aircraft serial number        New Gimbal serial number        Created Time
07DDD340A10166        07RDD340010130        07DDD4F0A10231        07RDD340010130        2016-05-06 11:09:09

SCENARIOS

Operator Error

Signal Interference

Collision

Accident

Drop Damage
2016-8-2
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

mmarkoe Posted at 2016-8-2 18:03
This is incorrect. The P4 only went into a small stream after, I repeat after, seeing the message  ...

I've reported and discussed this with our manager. After re-evaulating the aircraft, we are now we are covering this under the warranty, as a courtesy. We have begun the warranty repair process, hopefully you'll be back in the air very soon.
2016-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules