Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A2/IOSD - Does DJI now have any method to view/extract GPS info?
123Next >
16505 85 2015-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nzferby.hotmail
lvl.1

Turkey

Hi, I would also need the Beta Data Viewer.
Could you please send it to me.
nzferby@hotmail.com
2015-3-28
Use props
mustall165
New

Turkey

Hi,Please send the beta version of data viewer to me as well.I need it as soon as possible in order to diagnose my A2 problems.

Thanks,

mail : mustall1650@gmail.com
2015-3-30
Use props
ant.lagarde
lvl.1

France

on the same boat gps export gives me no info, could you email the fix to me?
2015-3-30
Use props
HMArnold
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24012 ft
United States

The solution to be able to export GPS Coordinates is the A2 firmware upgrade currently being tested. There is no way to email that entire package.

The upgrade of the Beta Test version of the DataViewer that works with FLY???.dat files written by IOSD Mk II modules running current firmware is something that can be emailed
2015-3-30
Use props
G.Lazúen
lvl.2

Spain

I have the same problem and need urgently a solution. I wrote to yi.zhang@dji.com and didn't get response. My email: g.lazuen@gmail.com
2015-4-4
Use props
bruno.andersons
New

Latvia

Hi,
could you also send it to me? I use the A2 without iOSD and the conversion from dat to txt end is an empty file.
But I need to ectrect my flight path.

bruno.andersons@videsinstituts.lv

thanks in advance
2015-4-8
Use props
jamieh
New

United States

Hi Autumn,

Can you please send me the the beta Data Viewer and beta GPS exporter? Need the data for a project -- we are on a tight time constraint. If not, can I please email my .dat files for extraction?

Thanks for your help!

2015-4-9
Use props
smee56
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18655 ft
Australia

Hi Autumn, is there any chance of providing the IOSD beta app to a few more people, at the moment many of us are stuck with no hope of using our data. And can you tell us when the final version will be released.

We are all running a piece of equipment that serves no current purpose.
2015-4-9
Use props
Skylark
New

United Kingdom

Hi Jackson

Would love a copy of the beta dataviewer and gps exporter too please.  Have an S900/A2 problem with instability in POI mode (intermittently pitches forward when circling, anyone else seen this?) – the aircraft otherwise flies beautifully. Need to urgently access the data to see what’s going on.
Many thanks

Edit - Just read 2nd page of thread and realised only the dataviewer is emailable, would be most grateful if you could send this please. Thanks.
2015-4-13
Use props
snurre
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17392 ft
Sweden

Please send the beta Viewer software to me too.
Need to figure out whats going on in my A2 on a X8. iOSDmk2

Thanks

tomas@helivision.se
2015-4-13
Use props
videodrone
lvl.1
Finland

Could I get those beta data viewer and GPS exporter too, please? Problems with A2 and iOSDmk2

Thanks!

juhani.mikkola67@gmail.com
2015-4-14
Use props
HMArnold
lvl.4
United States

I started this post in January, and I thought I would post an update with what I now know

There are two problems at issue, and they have completely different solutions

The first is the ability to view the flight parameters recorded in the IOSD Mk II controller during each flight. This problem was caused by a firmware upgrade to the IOSD in November, 2014 that caused the version of IOSD Assistant software available for download to show a time interval of 0.6 seconds for all flight parameters. If you read the sequences above, you will see that I received an email version of a BETA Test copy of the DataViewer that did in fact display all flight parameters. As you will also see above, some other DJI customers requested the BETA version, and at least some received a copy.

From the posts above, I can not tell who received copies, but it looks like DJI has stopped responding to those requests.

If you need a copy of the IOSD Mk II DataViewer that displays flight info after the V3.02 update, and DJI has not responded to you, please email me at HMArnold@msn.com

The second problem is the inability to export GPS coordinates for images taken using the PC Ground Station Photogrammetry tool. In my opinion this is a much more important problem, because the inability to recover the GPS coordinates makes putting the images taken commercially impossible.

As near as I can tell, there has not been a workable solution for the export of GPS Coordinates publicly available for DJI equipment using an A2 controller since sometime in Mid 2014.

There are posts on other forums that speak of software solutions that piece images back together, but all the ones I have seen require a significant image overlap and identifiable features that can be lined up. "Significant overlap" means image points and rows closer together, which equates to move passes over the same land, which equates to being able to cover less area on a single battery. "Identifiable Features" might be possible for cities and parks, but when using a UAV for agricultural ortho-imagery, every picture looks pretty much the same as every other picture, and without GPS coordinates, you can't create any kind of useful mosaic.

The solution to the GPS Export problem is the new firmware upgrade to the A2 Controller currently being tested by DJI.

For some reason I still don't understand, DJI allowed me to help test the firmware upgrade, and I have had no problems whatsoever with manual flight, autonomous flight, or photogrammetric images. After this upgrade, the files recorded with the IOSD Mk II not only export the GPS coordinates, but also altitude, pitch, roll, and yaw for every location where a PC Ground Station "GP Servo Action Point" was triggered.

In short, after the BETA A2 firmware upgrade, everything works the way we all thought it would when we purchased DJI products with an A2 controller.

Since the firmware upgrade being tested is BETA, and therefore not available from the normal "UPGRADE" screen in the A2 Assistant software, it requires significant preparation by the customer to receive, then individual, online, remote, real-time interaction with a DJI employee to force the upgrade, but only takes about 5 minutes to finish.

After the BETA firmware upgrade, all A2 System parameters are reset to "factory default", so I suggest that anyone that performs the upgrade, either as a BETA Test or when it is publicly released, take screen shots of every definition page of the A2 Assistant so you can easily program everything back the way it was before the upgrade.

Since my system received the A2 firmware upgrade, I have offered several times to work with any A2 owners wishing to upgrade to get everything set up ahead of time so the only requirement by a DJI employee would be the 5 minutes firmware "push", but they have stopped replying to my emails on the subject.

The reason I'm taking the time to record all this is in the hope that someone at DJI will understand that people that trusted them with the purchase of a $10,000 USD item with the understanding that they could export GPS coordinates now have equipment they can't use, but a solution is available for people willing to take the risk of using a BETA level firmware upgrade, if they will just allow it.

The other, more obvious solution, would be to release the A2 firmware upgrade for download using the normal A2 Assistant process, but as near as I can tell, that upgrade has been testing since at least November 2014, and no date that I'm aware of for that release has been discussed.

I own both S1000+ and Phantom V2+ systems, and am a firm believer that DJI products are technological marvels that have tremendous commercial applications, but I hope they will contemplate the ramifications of not supporting existing customers during the understandable evolution of these products.

2015-4-15
Use props
G.Lazúen
lvl.2

Spain

Thank you for interceding by many customers frustrated with a system that does not meet the specifications it promises. DJI should give support for the products it sells!, forget the loyal customers is not a good business.
2015-4-15
Use props
Skylark
New

United Kingdom

What he said ^ .  Thank you HMArnold for supporting frustrated DJI customers, have messaged you.
2015-4-16
Use props
gary
lvl.1

United Kingdom

All,

Has this been solved ?

We have an A2 that is flying like a dog and I am desperate to interrogate the logs to try and see what is going on, how do I get the beta DATAVIEWER  software my email address is gary@tsoimaging.com if anyone can help
2015-4-16
Use props
Barry Hankss
New

United Kingdom

Hi. I am experiencing the same issue as the others A2, LB . Could I also receive the data viewer and GPS Exporter Beta software please?
2015-4-17
Use props
Barry Hankss
New

United Kingdom

Hi. I am experiencing the same issue as the others A2, LB . Could I also receive the data viewer and GPS Exporter Beta software please?
info@drones-eye.com
2015-4-17
Use props
tholloway944.gm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1036572 ft
United States

hey i need the data viewer, think one of my motors are failing, tholloway@benchmarksupply.com
2015-4-24
Use props
G.Lazúen
lvl.2

Spain

Guys, take a look at this: http://www.dji.com/product/a2/download This issue has finally been solved with the new firmware update.
2015-5-8
Use props
coinfaslab
lvl.3
Flight distance : 153343 ft
Italy

Tomorrow I try
2015-5-8
Use props
christer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Does this app also work with DAT files from the new Phantom 3?
2015-5-10
Use props
HMArnold
lvl.4
United States

Probably not.

I had been asked by an Inspire user to see if it worked on one of his files, and it did not.
2015-5-10
Use props
Jepessen
New

Germany

Please send me the Beta Version of DATAVIEWER
2015-5-10
Use props
HMArnold.msn
lvl.4
United States

I started this thread back in January, and it broke into two separate problems:

1)  How to be able to view the flight parameters in the IOSD Mk II "FLY???.DAT" files (DataViewer)
2)  How to be able to export GPS coordinates and flight parameters taken at GP SERVO Action Points in an autonomous PC Ground Station mission (GPSExporter)

There were Beta and unapproved solutions to both problems, but as near as I can tell, everything has been unified in the most recent round of upgrades for A2 Controllers released this week.

If you upgrade the A2 Firmware to the current version and install the current versions of the A2 Assistant and IOSD Assistant, you should be able to view all flight parameters in the IOSD Assistant DataViewer, and if you get everything set up correctly in the PC Ground Station, you can export Lat, Lon, Altitude, Pitch, Roll, and YAW values for every image taken on an autonomous flight.

There is no more need for the Beta DATAVIEWER and no more need for an untested, manually installed A2 firmware upgrade that allows for GPS Export.

I have switched to the current Firmware version and installed all the most recent software versions, and everything now works fine.

If you have made all the upgrades and still have trouble, start a new thread so we can all learn from it and I'll provide whatever assistance I can.
2015-5-11
Use props
coinfaslab
lvl.3
Flight distance : 153343 ft
Italy

HMArnold.msn Posted at 2015-5-12 01:40

1)  How to be able  ...

thanks for your help
2015-5-11
Use props
meligo
New

Belgium

hey

Does the dataviewer also support the Phantom 3 pro dat files?

if yes , could you please send a link to namigos@outlook.com ?

thanks
2015-5-12
Use props
HMArnold.msn
lvl.4
United States

I don't think it will, but you can try

I tried an Inspire DAT file for someone, and it wouldn't open it

Go to the main DJI webpage, then PRODUCTS, then A2, then IOSD Mk II Assistant, and download it
2015-5-12
Use props
Jepessen
New

Germany

Hi, I would also need the Beta Data Viewer.
Could you please send it to me.
ast57@web.de
2015-5-19
Use props
HMArnold.msn
lvl.4
United States

There is no longer a beta viewer.

The current A2 firmware, IOSD MK II firmware, and IOSD Assistant properly displays all flight parameters and exports information on image points from GP Servo Action points from autonomous missions.
2015-5-20
Use props
Mike_brc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18730 ft
Germany

Hello
How can I see the GPS Data in the Data Viewer .

I always get the info "no GPS Data "

Battery for the flight I need the data
2015-6-12
Use props
hmarnold
lvl.4
United States

It's not documented anywhere I have seen, but you only get GPS and other flight data on autonomous/waypoint missions.

And then only at the "GP SERVO ACTION" points, which is designed to be the camera image locations.

Just flying manually doesn't generate any exportable GPS points, and neither does a waypoint mission without "GP SERVO ACTION" points.

On every flight, the full range of all flight data is recorded and can be displayed in analog form using the DATAVIEWER app, including the "MAIN VOLTAGE" which is the battery level, as well as Lat and Lon.

But viewable only in analog fashion, Lat and Lon are pretty useless.

Obviously the data is stored in the FLY???.DAT file, you just can only view it, not export it.

2015-6-12
Use props
fredz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6322290 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone tried this with a Phantom 3? All I want is a GPX or similar file that I can view in Google Earth or use for statistics. Cheaper drones like the Parrot Bebop even have this (a PUD file which can be converted to GPX).
2015-6-19
Use props
dino.martignoni
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7142365 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Does anyone tested if  the data view works with the latest firmware for A2? @A2 Firmware* v2.6?
Does anyone tell me where i can buy a PC ground station?

Tankyou for your help
dino
2015-10-15
Use props
hotcarp12
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4860725 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Is anyone successfully pulling GPS data logs off their A2 now?  
I want to use them for mapping but as described above the .txt files I generate with the GPS Exporter are empty (as described above).
2015-11-25
Use props
ser_nik_ov
New

Russia

hmarnold@msn.co Posted at 2015-6-13 05:04
It's not documented anywhere I have seen, but you only get GPS and other flight data on autonomous/w ...

Hi Hmarnold, I have no iosd (A2), can I get the coordinates of the servo action point from the *.dat files?
2016-4-27
Use props
Catalyst2
New

Hello
I have a problem with exporting GPS information from IOSD's *.dat files to *.txt

1.I opened FLYXXX.dat file in Data viewer and saw curves. But then i tried to export in *.txt using export buton. It says: "no GPS data".
2.I tried it with GPS exporter 1.1 and 1.4 but in the end a had empty *.txt file.

How can I export my logs in text file?

My configuration:
Wookong-M ver. 5.26
IOSD Mark II ver. 3.03
DJI Ground Station 900 MhZ
Ground Station software v4.0.11
Last version of IOSD Assistant
2016-8-7
Use props
mark
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4226 ft
  • >>>
United States

HMArnold.msn Posted at 2015-5-11 10:40

1)  How to be able  ...

HMarnold you are awesome for posting so much info. Thank you.

Can you confirm that we can get coordinates of GP Servo action points from a IOSDmini vs the IOSD mkii?

If I am reading the history correct, I can use the A2 (with current firmware) with IOSD (hoepfully the mini) and with current IOSD assistant software I will get these GPS points on any mission with GP Servo Actions?

Do you know if you have two servo actions if will give you both the locations? Because it seems to me when I am triggering two cameras that they 2nd GP Servo action is slightly delayed.

Thank you again and thank you in advance for any help.
2016-8-16
Use props
emdelgado
New

Colombia

DJI-Jackson Posted at 2015-1-28 05:35
Hi, hmarnold.

1. Please leave your email address and I will send you the Beta version of DATAVIEWER, which could solve the problem you mentioned above;

We are using WKM. We have the same problem, i.e. GPSExporter v1.4 results an empty .txt file from FLY???.DAT file. Is this the problem of Dataviewer or GPSExporter? Could you send us beta version of DATAVIEWER to ing.maurodelgado@gmail.com
2016-12-14
Use props
emdelgado
New

Colombia

Hi Jackson, We are using WKM. We have the same problem, i.e. GPSExporter v1.4 results an empty .txt file from FLY???.DAT file. Is this the problem of Dataviewer or GPSExporter? Could you send us beta version of DATAVIEWER to ing.maurodelgado@gmail.com
2016-12-14
Use props
Sundara
lvl.1

India

Catalyst2 Posted at 2016-8-7 21:45
Hello
I have a problem with exporting GPS information from IOSD's *.dat files to *.txt

Have you got any solution?
2018-2-27
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules