A2/IOSD - Does DJI now have any method to view/extract GPS info?
16530 85 2015-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sundara
lvl.1

India

HMArnold Posted at 2015-3-30 08:35
The solution to be able to export GPS Coordinates is the A2 firmware upgrade currently being tested. There is no way to email that entire package.

The upgrade of the Beta Test version of the DataViewer that works with FLY???.dat files written by IOSD Mk II modules running current firmware is something that can be emailed

Please email to me Beta version of GPS exporter
2018-4-3
Use props
fans5b25584c
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24012 ft

Sundara Posted at 2018-4-3 23:39
Please email to me Beta version of GPS exporter

Sundara,

There is no need for the Beta Version GPS Exporter if you have done the A2 and IOSD MKII firmware upgrades.

There is a link on the IOSD MK II support page to download something called "Data Viewer". This Windows app allows you to connect your PC to the IOSD USB port, then view or download the DAT files associated with every flight.

Since each file takes 5 to 20 minutes to transfer through the USB port, I suggest you download them to a safe place on you PC.

Once the files are on the PC, if you start the DataViewer program and select a DAT file to open, you can see graphs of the various flight parameters.

Hidden away up on the tool bar on the top row of the program is a little "GSP" icon. If you select that, you will be prompted for an output filename, then the GPS coordinates of every picture point for that flight will be exported in CSV format.

The DJI does not export GPS points for the entire flight, just the points where the camera was triggered.

If you want GPS points for the entire path of the mission, there are now several companies that offer export and conversion. I have used "MAPS MADE EASY", and it seems to work fine

Hope this helps

Hank
Texas
2018-4-4
Use props
Sundara
lvl.1

India

DJI-Jackson Posted at 2015-1-29 19:56
Hi, hmarnold.

Have you received the dataviewer bata version from my email to you ? Dose it work ? Or please send me your IOSD data files , I might  check and figure out the solutions.

Hi Jackson, I am also stuck with similar issue. From dataviewer, when trying to GPS export, always getting an error message alert "No GPS data". Can you please send me the beta version of dataviewer to me also? Please mail me: sundara5188@gmail.com
2018-4-19
Use props
Sundara
lvl.1

India

fans5b25584c Posted at 2018-4-4 05:27
Sundara,

There is no need for the Beta Version GPS Exporter if you have done the A2 and IOSD MKII firmware upgrades.

Thanks a lot for your reply.  It was helpful. I was able to convert log file to csv. However, the log file is not logging GPS timestamp for each lat,lon,alt etc... The converted csv as well as the log file in data viewer doesnot show the timestamp attribute. Can you help me in how to log timestamp?
2018-4-20
Use props
fans5b25584c
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24012 ft

Sundara Posted at 2018-4-20 22:02
Thanks a lot for your reply.  It was helpful. I was able to convert log file to csv. However, the log file is not logging GPS timestamp for each lat,lon,alt etc... The converted csv as well as the log file in data viewer doesnot show the timestamp attribute. Can you help me in how to log timestamp?

If the fog file you converted came from the IOSD using the "EXPORT GPS" function, that file only logs individual points where the camera triggered according to the PC Ground Station mission.

The A2 controller does maintain a complete log of data points, including GPS coordinates, through the "FLTXXXX.DAT" file, but there is no DJI method of extracting that information that I know of.

The website "MAPSMADEEASY.com" provides a service where if you give them your FLYXXXX.DAT file, they will give you back a CSV file with the GPS coordinates at all points along the flight.

I have used it several times, and it works well.

You also get altitude, yaw, and several other useful parameters.

Hope this helps

Hank
Texas
2018-4-21
Use props
Sundara
lvl.1

India

fans5b25584c Posted at 2018-4-21 04:33
If the fog file you converted came from the IOSD using the "EXPORT GPS" function, that file only logs individual points where the camera triggered according to the PC Ground Station mission.

The A2 controller does maintain a complete log of data points, including GPS coordinates, through the "FLTXXXX.DAT" file, but there is no DJI method of extracting that information that I know of.

Ya I have thanked you for this piece of information only. I used MAPSMADEEASY to convert the FLYXXXX.DAT file to CSV. My question is both the dat file and csv do not contain "TIMESTAMP" information. I am surprised to see  a flight log file without timestamp information which is useless to me. May I know is it normal with A2 flight controllers or is there any way to log the timestamp also along with other parameters.
2018-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules