Small drone crashes at White House
2469 21 2015-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
anthony
lvl.2
United States

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/spo ... ouse-095128139.html

People are dead set on ruining this hobby.
2015-1-26
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

This just proves that there is a course in BEING STUPID taught in school.  If this person can prove it was a fly away, he probably won't be charged with much, but he should be fined to pay for all the costs to have the fire dept., security and anyone else associated with the investigation.
2015-1-26
Use props
johnt1000.email
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7218 ft
United States

I think we're all assuming the person who did this is going to step up and take credit. A lot of people, knowing that the drone is in possession of the law, would probably just find the nearest dumpster and pitch the transmitter in it and go on to an illustrious career stamp collecting.
2015-1-26
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

johnt1000.email Posted at 2015-1-27 00:46
I think we're all assuming the person who did this is going to step up and take credit. A lot of peo ...

There are MANY, many ways he/she could be tracked down.
2015-1-26
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

Crashing into a tree at the white house is a place you surely wouldn't jump the fence to go get it. Secret service will run fingerprints on the craft for sure. Beeing stupid is one thing but I have no words for this person. I'm just curious if this was a tourist or an American, we shall know soon, I hope.
2015-1-26
Use props
sean.moore.esq.
lvl.2

United Kingdom

markus2015 Posted at 2015-1-27 00:50
Crashing into a tree at the white house is a place you surely wouldn't jump the fence to go get it.  ...

I suspect a tourist would have more sense
2015-1-26
Use props
steadystickrick
lvl.2

United States

markus2015 Posted at 2015-1-27 00:50
Crashing into a tree at the white house is a place you surely wouldn't jump the fence to go get it.  ...

Why so surprised?  Over 1/2 of all voters today follow the senseless flight plan of this drone pilot...set no course in life and look to run from all of your problems.

Maybe it was an illegal alien pilot or is it "undocumented citizen" to be politically correct.  If so, they'll get a $1,000 voucher from Hobby Lobby to replace the quad as long as they sign up for Obamacare.

My apology to the board for the political rant here but common sense just doesn't exist anymore with many folks.  I guess that's just the way society is going these days.  Just thinking about flying near the WH is absolutely crazy!!
2015-1-26
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

The news just stated the drone was 2 feet in diameter, so they had a film clip of a Phantom 2 at the end of the story.  It was bigger than a Phantom, and you're right, Obamacare is for some other forum.
2015-1-26
Use props
leehartley2000.
lvl.2

United States

steadystickrick Posted at 2015-1-27 01:08
Why so surprised?  Over 1/2 of all voters today follow the senseless flight plan of this drone pilo ...

This is a board about the Vision series drone, not about politics.  Your opinion is not welcome here.  Can't normal people have anyplace in life where the haters don't spread BS?
2015-1-26
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Agree, keep your political opinion someplace else!
2015-1-26
Use props
attiliod.email
lvl.1

United States

I thought it would not even start in a no fly zone.
2015-1-26
Use props
anthony
lvl.2
United States

attiliod.email Posted at 2015-1-27 03:16
I thought it would not even start in a no fly zone.

In ATTI or Manual, the GPS is not considered and it doesn't know its location.
2015-1-26
Use props
SavannahQuad
lvl.2

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-27 00:49
There are MANY, many ways he/she could be tracked down.

I agree Gerry, he/she will be found. I was in Special Ops for a long time, some of the intel these kids can dig up on anyone is kinda scary.

"This is why we can't have nice things!"
At least he/she didn't have the minigun addon my avatar boasts

2015-1-26
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

It's not just the White House it is illegal to fly any RC aircraft in Washington DC period.
2015-1-26
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

The person who did it DID step forward and called in that he was the pilot.  Doesn't make him any less of a jackass for collaborating with all the other idiots trying to have our hobby banned.  All I can say is the herd needs be culled.  Too much inferior genetic material in circulation.
2015-1-26
Use props
SavannahQuad
lvl.2

United States

kjkisatsky Posted at 2015-1-27 04:28
The person who did it DID step forward and called in that he was the pilot.  Doesn't make him any le ...

Yeah, too many idiots peeing in the gene pool.
2015-1-26
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

It was a dji Phantom that crashed at the white house.

Here it is:

Woshington Post
Whitehouse_crash.jpg
2015-1-26
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

Ha, DJI gets free advertising! Looks like the prop guards worked.
2015-1-26
Use props
steadystickrick
lvl.2

United States

leehartley2000. Posted at 2015-1-27 01:25
This is a board about the Vision series drone, not about politics.  Your opinion is not welcome he ...

Funny...you call me a hater!!  
My apologies to the rest of the board.
2015-1-26
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

steady, his point, although made rather harshly, is about the fact that instead of simply talking about teh DRONE aspect of this, you added in a bash on obamacare which ADDED NO VALUE TO THIS DISCUSSION.  that isnt to say that you are wrong about obamacare, nor is it to say he shouldnt be upset at your supposition, however, the bottom line is:

YOUR IRRELEVANT POLITICALLY LADEN COMMENT THAT DID NOT FURTHER IN ANY WAY DRONE DISCUSSIONS ARE NOT WELCOME ON THIS BOARD.

is that better?
2015-1-26
Use props
leehartley2000.
lvl.2

United States

steadystickrick Posted at 2015-1-27 05:07
Funny...you call me a hater!!  
My apologies to the rest of the board.

Sad that you think it's funny.  Shows who you are.
2015-1-26
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Turns out the "pilot" was an employee of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (that's going to draw some juicy comments about intelligence agencies from all the late night comedians!)  

What has me torn between completely opposite feelings are two different sentences from the same article.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/27/us/white-house-drone.html
"Under federal law, it is illegal to fly a drone in Washington."
and...
"Officials did not explain why the man, who does not work at the White House and who has not been charged with a crime, was flying the drone at that hour."

On the one hand, because this twit is screwing it up for everyone else, I have an intense desire for him to get locked up, charged with a Federal offense and end up as someone's girlfriend in prison for many years.  Hopefully, that would act as a strong deterrant for any other twits to think twice before they come up with another brillient idea about flying while sober or in a drunken stupor.

Then on the other hand, maybe it's good that he's not being charged and hopefully that won't compel the FCC to have a knee-jerk reaction and rush out some completely restrictive directive that puts a bounty on anybody who dares to fly a UAV anywhere in the United States without first obtaining 40 hours of instruction, a license, a hefty fee and proof of insurance!

So, at this point, I'm kinda conflicted...
2015-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules