Compass Calibration?
520 2 2016-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vince1fm
New

United States

Ok-if you see my posts you will see the history of my dealing with the Phantom 3 Advanced.

Flew it once. Flew it a second time. Flew it a third time and crashed into a tree.

Ordered a replacement vibration plate and landing gear. Spent five or more hours futzing with it today (it felt like longer) before finally getting it all de and re-assembled.

Got it back: gimbal connection issue.

Figured that out.

However now there is a Compass Calibration issue; I do the double circles and get a repeated message to either move away from the magnetics I'm around or get one meter off the ground.

When I got the body case open I did snap a pic of the compass plug board... Could that be the issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
image.jpeg
2016-7-27
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I can't tell anything from the pic but ... if you are failing to calibrate repeatedly, check the compass data in the app.
If you have numbers there, that's good.
But you probably have zero which indicates the compass is busted or more likely, disconnected.
Is it connected to the mainboard?
Is the cable to the compass intact?
It's easy to break one of the fine wires when you clip the antenna over the compass cable.
2016-7-27
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

As it is posted above, make sure all the connectors are good and check the sensor status in the app.Try to replug the connectors if necessary.
2016-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules