Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Samsung s2 tablet doesnt work with DJI
2889 17 2016-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nodashipl
lvl.1

I have a samsung s2 tablet t713 with 6.0.1 android version and I cant get it to connect to the tablet. It works with my phone I know its not the cable. I have USB debugging turned on and in MTP mode. I cant figure out what wrong I've read some post saying its lolipops fault anyone know a fix or a tutorial to downgrade my android version to fix this? Thanks
2016-7-28
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello nodashipl, have you tried to reinstall the app to the latest or reset the tablet to factory since other devices can work well with your RC? Don't forget to sync all the flight records to the cloud before you do the reinstalling or resetting.
2016-7-28
Use props
mjlstudios
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same problem. I have both Litchi and GO app installed on my S2. If I started using the Litchi app it will default to the Litchi app. The only way I can use the GO app is to delete the Litchi app off the S2. Or visa versa. I suggest to you to uninstall the GO app (and Lichi app if you have it on the tab) and install the Go app again and give that a try.
2016-7-28
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.3

United States

mjlstudios Posted at 2016-7-28 07:07
I have the same problem. I have both Litchi and GO app installed on my S2. If I started using the Li ...

Have you gone into your Android Settings / Apps and found the Litchi app... then done a "Clear defaults"? This should prompt you the next time so that you are not automatically launching the Litchi app. This works for any application that you set to be loaded "Always"
2016-7-28
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.3

United States

I have the S2 10" and have never had an issue. But, I did not upgrade to 6.0.1 yet. maybe I should not update. Good luck!
2016-7-28
Use props
ronall50
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38491 ft

I have the same problem.  My work around is to power down your tablet then turn rc on then drone on then power tablet back on and it should connect
2016-7-28
Use props
salvadorandrade
lvl.2
Flight distance : 109915 ft
United States

No problems here Tab S2 9.7 Android 6.0 but Phantom standard, so no hardwired connection needed.
2016-7-28
Use props
Dead Donkey
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I've read posts about folks having a USB problem with 6.0.1 and certain tabs. DJI GO app won't connect, or if you have GO and Litchi you don't get the little pop-up inviting you to choose when you insert the usb cable inspite of making sure that "no defaults are set" under APPS>APP INFO for each app. It seems to be a case of bad luck if you have a tab that won't connect. I have a Nexus 7 2nd gen and a Nexus 9 and neither will connect to GO or Litchi under 6.0.1 however much I fiddled with them even after re-installing the apps. My only solution was to remove 6.0.1 and re-install 6.0 which is quite a daunting task for even the strong hearted. That of course will work. Android 7.0 is on its way and is only weeks away. Lets hope the issue will be sorted there. I have downloaded a developer's beta but haven't had a chance to try it yet as it has to be manually installed.
2016-7-28
Use props
nodashipl
lvl.1

I have this problem with just one app installed I got it to work once when i did a full factory reset but then never again. I was wondering if anyone knows how to downgrade the OS or a easier fix.
2016-7-29
Use props
benleo000
lvl.1

Hong Kong

I also have a new Tab s2 9.7 (T813), just got it couples week ago and which is natively come with Android 6.0.1, same problem, cannot connect to Phantom 4, this is not the default app setting issue, I believe that, this is the compatibility issue between DJI RC controller and Android 6.0.1.  My friend also have a old Tab S2 (T810) with Android 5.1, no problem at all.  

My symptom is, when plug in the DJI RC, the "USB mode" in android development options will flipping between charging and MTP (if working normal, the mode should be change from MTP to Charging after plugin the DJI RC, you have around 10% chance to get it work), and by default, the USB mode is MTP.  I think this is not related to apps, this is related to android and DJI controller, the apps not even started.

After playing around, I found 2 work around:

The first one is, plug in RC and power on, and then restart the tab, the DJI GO should be connected now, but every time you switch off the RC or unplug the USB cable, you have to do it again and restart the TAB.

The second work around is, before you plugin DJI RC or power it on, you have to change the USB mode to "Charging", and then power on the DJI RC, after that, you have to change the USB mode to "RNDIS", it should be good to go now, and USB mode should now be indicated "Charging" again.  Once you disconnect the cable or power off the RC, the USB mode will change back to "MTP" by default, next time before you power on the DJI RC, you have to go over the previous steps (change USB mode to "Charging" first.........)

I hope DJI can look into this problem and release a new firmware for the DJI controller to make it compatible with new Samsung Tab S2 (T713 & T813), as this is the best android tab currently available in Market.
2016-8-3
Use props
nodashipl
lvl.1

In case anyone is researching this problem, it seems that this tablet has different solutions depending on the problem. My s2 tablet just would not connect no matter what. I ended up returning the tablet for another s2 t713 and the new one works. The only problem with the new one is only 1 flying app can be installed at a time, which is fine.
2016-8-6
Use props
benleo000
lvl.1

Hong Kong

nodashipl Posted at 2016-8-7 04:54
In case anyone is researching this problem, it seems that this tablet has different solutions depend ...

May I know what is the android version and build number of your S2 T713?  Do you means if you only install DJI go, and you can connect the controller without power off the Tab or change the USB type?  If so, please let me know the exactly Firmware version number, I will try to flash the same to my S2, thanks.
2016-8-7
Use props
mochorm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 940148 ft
Canada

ronall50 Posted at 2016-7-28 10:41
I have the same problem.  My work around is to power down your tablet then turn rc on then drone on  ...

+1 That was my solution when I was using a T-713, that was the ONLY way I could get it to connect every time.
Spent a tonne of hours trouble shooting the T-713 to no avail.

Brought it back and exchanged it for last years model T-710 and now it works.
2016-8-7
Use props
benleo000
lvl.1

Hong Kong

nodashipl Posted at 2016-8-7 04:54
In case anyone is researching this problem, it seems that this tablet has different solutions depend ...

Please let me know your android version and build number, it is T713?  I want to flash mine with same firmware, thanks.
2016-8-8
Use props
fansc4fcb580
New

United Kingdom

benleo000 Posted at 2016-8-8 12:36
Please let me know your android version and build number, it is T713?  I want to flash mine with s ...

had same issue with tab s2, brand new SM-T713 model, Android 6.0.1 out of the box. it is a problem with the USB toggling through different modes when you have the dji rc plugged in and powered on. seems each time you either power on rc or remove or connect USB cable, the tablet flicks to USB mode MTP, I found that I could only connect to the app if this mode was in "charging" but it doesn't work by selecting "charging" or any other mode from the drop down "USB for file transfer" that you can see when a powered USB is connected as which ever you select automatically flicks back to MTP mode. The way to do it is ensure you have "developersba options" in the settings list, in here go to USB configuration when you have the dji rc plugged in and powered on, then select RNDIS from the list, this seems to be the only mode that leaves the USB  in "charging" mode, then the Dji rc will connect. every time you either power down the rc or disconnect the USB cable, the port will swap back to MTP mode. So whenever you either power up the rc or remove USB cable, cancel prompt from dji go app, go to USB configuration and select RNDIS, this will then bring back the dji go app prompt to connect and you are good to go. if you go back into USB configuration page after connecting to dji go app, you will see it says "charging", also if you swipe down from top of tablet, you will see it now says "connected to a USB accessory"
2016-11-20
Use props
fansc4fcb580
New

United Kingdom

fansc4fcb580 Posted at 2016-11-20 09:26
had same issue with tab s2, brand new SM-T713 model, Android 6.0.1 out of the box. it is a problem ...

in addition to the above post, not all USB cables react the same, some do not toggle between modes and won't work at all regardless of which USB mode you put it in. when you find a USB cable that does keep toggling between the USB modes, make sure to always have the USB configuration page open so that you can see the mode hasn't flicked back into anything other than "charging" mode before accepting the dji go app prompt to connect

"
2016-11-20
Use props
lewiscooper
lvl.1
Flight distance : 324304 ft
United States

ronall50 Posted at 2016-7-28 08:41
I have the same problem.  My work around is to power down your tablet then turn rc on then drone on then power tablet back on and it should connect

Thanks for the sequence, solved my issue with my S2 with Android V 6.0.1, i had no issues with my S2 until last week so I'm not sure if an Android or DJI update whacked things.
2017-3-22
Use props
GWTX
lvl.1
United States

I didn't have time to read all the replies, but here is what I posted over on the mavic  site.I posted some time back about the S2 tab problem. What I thought was a solution, was a fluke I guess, but for some time now I have
have had success starting the following way:
1. Everything OFF
2. Turn on RC, and wait 2 seconds,, tablet will indicate charge
3. Turn on TABLET
4. Turn on AC (PHANTOM P3A)
When tablet starts up, the Litchi screen comes up. In my case, I wait for minimum "sat's " to come up. Do all your PreFlight  checks and TAKE OFF.
It's still a hassle, but at least it's a shorter wait, and I've not had to turn off everything and start over any more.
Just thought I'd pass this along in case it might help someone else.  Everyone else probably has bought a new tablet by now
2021-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules