Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2016-7-29 18:40
Thank you Rich, yes very good answer on the question about the maybe needing to have the new Go ap ...

Hi Cougar

It cooled down to 85 this evening and flew the inspire for 1 battery. I think the video hack and signal will be ok... once you switch to manual the other channels become active and the unstable lines drop off. I posted some screen shots for you while in a hover at my house. Everything worked fine for me and I checked out all of the functions and noted my findings below.

two shots of the manual mode and one showing the auto mode:

IMG_0041.jpg IMG_0042.jpg IMG_0043.jpg

I am a bit concerned about the RC signal because it was still giving me interference warnings. even after shutting everything down and restarting it was giving me the warning.

I really think DJI needs to look into this RC signal warning issue. I have been flying at this location for many years without any issues.

Rich
2016-7-29
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There appears to be some people struggling with this update and you may need to change the stick mode otherwise you get no input or are able to calibrate the sticks

The below seems to work after updating to V1.7.

After the update the controller reboots and it will go to a red light, reboot again and go into the Stick mode menu and change to a different mode than it's currently on ,so if you were on mode 2 change to mode 1 then reboot, go back in and change stick mode back to your preferred mode again , reboot then go back in and then calibrate the sticks.
2016-7-30
Use props
VisionAir
lvl.3
Flight distance : 954665 ft
Australia

BIGDZ Posted at 2016-7-29 10:33
So the inspire 1v1 won't be DJI focus compatible? Whatever that means...so it's not compatible with  ...

I think it means it will be compatible with the remote follow focus that DJI make, here in Australia it retails for AU $3400.00
2016-7-30
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-7-30 02:05
Hi Cougar

It cooled down to 85 this evening and flew the inspire for 1 battery. I think the video ...

Thank you Rich, this is what I was interested in, to me the "hack" is important since I am unable to fly with my friend and his inspire without it, Mine or his display has serious issues with interference unless we change to custom channels and stay far apart.
Thank you again Rich,
2016-7-30
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2289429 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Cougar1 Posted at 2016-7-29 22:03
Did you guy's have to update the Go App before you could see the update to the controller?

Yes. I checked it today, before updating anything.
When GoApp was 2.8.5 updated it did provide RC FW update 1.7.40 (you need internet acces)
2016-7-30
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-7-30 07:05
Hi Cougar

It cooled down to 85 this evening and flew the inspire for 1 battery. I think the video ...

May be it's DJI anti-hack
2016-7-30
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Might be the introduction of zoom control via the new DJI remote is the reason of the change in behaviour of the custom channels (aka. "hack"), as well as the warnings about weak signals?
2016-7-30
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

Cougar1 Posted at 2016-7-30 13:04
Thank you Rich, this is what I was interested in, to me the "hack" is important since I am unable  ...

In Europe (any EU country in iPad/iPhone locale) we have Custom button grayed-out.
Worse I can't change video quality too. Now I use US locale in iPad/iPhone - small hack
DJI please split out video quality manual change.
2016-7-30
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

Cougar1 Posted at 2016-7-30 14:03
Might be the introduction of zoom control via the new DJI remote is the reason of the change in beha ...

I don't think so. Read regulations of radio frequency use e.g Wi-Fi and  ISM bands. if I am not wrong:- 2,4GHz: RC to aircraft communication,
- 5,8GHz: RC to RC (master-slave) communication.
2016-7-30
Use props
Dave/M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2016-7-29 13:03
Did you guy's have to update the Go App before you could see the update to the controller?

I was already using the latest update to the app so no problems.
I did need to boot both RC and aircraft to see the RC upgrade message appear, then shut down my aircraft and then update the RC which took a couple minutes to complete without a problem. Shut down the RC then power up again as required...
Then I power up the aircraft and checked my presets on the flight app for my preferences, think all this took around 20 minutes no big deal...I always make sure I'm on the latest iOS version and  flight app version before I do any RC or Aircraft FW upgrades.
2016-7-30
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2016-7-30 04:04
Thank you Rich, this is what I was interested in, to me the "hack" is important since I am unable  ...

Your welcome cougar and hopefully others can benefit from this information too. I do not use the extra channels very often and mainly with I am with my friend flying his inspire 1. I have had pretty great downlink (using stock 8 ch) with the DJI equipment normally. I had some issues last week for the first time  and still looking at the possible causes.

Rich
2016-7-30
Use props
mamestro
lvl.2
United States

Had my Inspire for a month now and I worried about downloading any updates. Everything working now. There are always so many comments about issues updating or problems after updates.
2016-7-30
Use props
upstrom
New

Germany

Hello All, today I upgraded my 2 controller to the Version 01.07.40. Everything went well.
unfortunatley after I had to connect the slave controller again to the master.
This worked as well. But the slave controller will not move the gimbal/camera anymore.
What can I do to get the slave to work and move the camera again?
2016-7-31
Use props
jajju88
New

Italy

i did this new rc firmware upgrade,and now i've some problems,
problem n.1when I fly,the imagine signal is week,and i see all black for some seconds,and then signal image came back,etc
problem n.2when i try to fly in a right direction,inspire fly awry,in any direction when I try to send it , it always misses a bit,all this from latest rc update...anybody have this kind of problem? what can I do to solve this issue?
2016-7-31
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

upstrom Posted at 2016-7-31 18:31
Hello All, today I upgraded my 2 controller to the Version 01.07.40. Everything went well.
unfortuna ...

When the current slave RC is set to master and use this remote only, could you move the gimbal? Or say that if you swap the master or slave, will everything be fine?
2016-7-31
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

jajju88 Posted at 2016-7-31 22:24
i did this new rc firmware upgrade,and now i've some problems,
problem n.1when I fly,the imagine sig ...

1.Try to adjust the antenna during the flight. Reinstall the app or use another mobile device if possible.

2.Re-calibrate the IMU and RC. Then test again.
2016-7-31
Use props
upstrom
New

Germany

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-1 04:53
When the current slave RC is set to master and use this remote only, could you move the gimbal? Or ...

Yes I changed but the problem was still there. But I solved it. I had to use 2 tablets to respondier to the request to take over the control. Just with one tablet and change the connection does not work. Thanks for response.
2016-7-31
Use props
richardhurst
Banned
Flight distance : 2342808 ft
United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-8-1
Use props
Movin on
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173455 ft

United States

richardhurst Posted at 2016-8-1 07:21
I believe you have to set the slave to master then do the update and put it back to slave

Or just turn the Master/Slave OFF.
2016-8-1
Use props
jajju88
New

Italy

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-1 04:57
1.Try to adjust the antenna during the flight. Reinstall the app or use another mobile device if p ...

I downgrade and upgrade again rc,now is ok,but always when i turn on the rc,i've the red light with a beep,for some seconds,it will end when i turn on the inspire and they are connected
2016-8-1
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

jajju88 Posted at 2016-8-2 09:06
I downgrade and upgrade again rc,now is ok,but always when i turn on the rc,i've the red light wit ...

I'd suggest you to try the method in #42.
2016-8-2
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I believe this firmware allows you to control lens zoom via the focus remote. COOL!
2016-8-3
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1997861 ft
Canada

How come tilt/pan can no longer be assigned to C1 or C2? I had the tilt/pan set to C2. After update, it's gone. How can I get it back?
2016-8-4
Use props
stlred05
lvl.1

updates scare me. bad experience with a flyaway after one. Im hesitant now. Especially after DJI offered me a credit that I Never Got. Im Good on updates for now
2016-8-4
Use props
stlred05
lvl.1

mamestro@gmail. Posted at 2016-7-31 11:50
Had my Inspire for a month now and I worried about downloading any updates. Everything working now.  ...

Thats the truth. It scares the hell outta me. Im not touching my Inspire. Cost to much to crash or fly away. DJI wont refund or replace. Ive been there with the cheaper models with DJI. I love there product but hate the way they treat us after being loyal customers
2016-8-4
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

stlred05 Posted at 2016-8-5 04:09
updates scare me. bad experience with a flyaway after one. Im hesitant now. Especially after DJI off ...

Could you make it clear and provide the RMA/ticket number here? Firmware has nothing to do with crash or flyaway issue.
2016-8-4
Use props
rjohnline
lvl.2
Flight distance : 670823 ft
United States

After the update I can no longer get the camera to pan when using C1 or C2.  Anyone else having this problem?  Any suggestions?  Thanks
2016-8-5
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1997861 ft
Canada

rjohnline Posted at 2016-8-5 12:06
After the update I can no longer get the camera to pan when using C1 or C2.  Anyone else having this ...

It seems DJI removed it. It's gone for me as well.
2016-8-5
Use props
chris91111
lvl.1
Flight distance : 290197 ft
United States

OK - seems like I have the same problem here.  Did the RC upgrade successfully and already running the current version of DJI Go (no hack - standard).  Right after reboot - launched and started getting 1/2 screens, no screens..interference warning....all with the inspire 25 feet away in the air.

Landed - still having problems 10' way.  Was able to get screen back by custom and setting the image quality all the way down.  Haven't flown since making the adjustment to see how distance affects.  

I think the latest RC upgrade has a problem.
2016-8-7
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

chris91111 Posted at 2016-8-8 07:57
OK - seems like I have the same problem here.  Did the RC upgrade successfully and already running t ...

What's your mobile device?As for IOS device, do you try to enable the hardware decoding option in General Settings?
2016-8-7
Use props
chris91111
lvl.1
United States

I am using an IPAD Mini 2 - IOS 9.3.4

I get poor signal strength 1 foot from Inspire.  I have deleted DJI Go Ap and reinstalled - doesn't help.
2016-8-7
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

chris91111 Posted at 2016-8-8 12:56
I am using an IPAD Mini 2 - IOS 9.3.4

I get poor signal strength 1 foot from Inspire.  I have delet ...

Does it become normal if you try to downgrade it?
2016-8-7
Use props
chris91111
lvl.1
United States

OK - did the downgrade on the RC.  It was much better.  I did a flight and got out to about 1000' and got weak controller and video signal warnings.  I move myself out to a little better clearing (was sitting under my porch in 103 degree temps) and it cleared up.  Now - I also did a reboot of the IPAD since I had not rebooted since I had updated the IOS and tilted the IPAD up a bit more away from the antennas.

Now - the other problem just seemed to get is a few video files come back corrupt when I pull them off SD card.  First flight of day had 2 out of 6 and last flight had 1 out of 4.  All jpg's are fine.
2016-8-8
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

If anyone is having trouble , go to my" Bricked RC thread " I have a way of updating the Inspire with a Thumb drive using this file . Detailed Directions are on my thread.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-47572-1-1.html

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/inspire_1/C1_FW_v01.07.0040.bin

Above is my thread , and Also the C1 transmitter  1.7  file for the RC  ONLY !

donnie
2016-8-9
Use props
wisesafe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1009573 ft
United States

The RC upgraded just fine however, the Slave did not.  The Slave longer recognizes the AC.  I have tried to switch the Master/Slave off and on several times to no avail.  Any suggestions?
2016-8-9
Use props
chris91111
lvl.1
United States

So after downgrading - did several flight and didn't really have a problem for the distances I typically can fly.  So I re-upgraded the firmware via the DJI APP and again started getting 'strong interference' and weak signals within 1 meter of the bird.  So - re-downgraded and back to normal.
2016-8-9
Use props
rosacraftcbu
lvl.1

Philippines

Hi to all ,  Also having a problem after rc upgrade it keeps telling RADIO CHANNEL QUALITY : Poor.  intermittent and downgrade it to 1.6.0 and its all okay.

APPS IOS : 2.8.6
AIRCRAFT : 1.9.1.30
RC : 1.70.40
2016-8-9
Use props
Positveimage
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2772 ft

Hi Guys,

After updating my master remote to 1.7.40 no problems, however when I update the slave remote it shows the camera image but the sticks no longer move the gimbal.
Requesting control from the master remote is also different, there is no means of entering the password and it just comes up with "Gimbal control request timeout" although as I say it is showing the camera image, just no stick contol.
I have substituted the master for the slave and visa versa but the result is still the same.
Anyone else having this issue?

I have downgraded both controllers to 1.6 and they both work perfectley which suggests there is a bug in the 1.7 firmware for the remote.

I am assuming that version 1.6 with aircraft firmware 1.9.1.30 is ok?

Many thanks
2016-8-11
Use props
southerndoug
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3010495 ft
Australia

This is doing my head in...
Same deal as above, with the upgrade to 1.9.1.30 being the most problematic I have experienced since purchase March 2015. I upgraded my I1 with X3 and I1 RAW to the new firmware, and both controllers to 1.7.40. The AC upgrade reported as "failed, try again", but when I tried again, it did nothing, and the GO app reported the correct (i.e. new) firmware version. This happened on both AC upgrades, which I thought was both weird and scary. I did the briefest of test flights, and both AC flew fine. I did longer flights with each AC, again no problems. I concluded all was OK.
Today I went to demonstrate dual operator control to a prospective client, and got no joy from my slave controller. The slave managed to control exposure and take photos and start/stop video, but no gimbal control on both AC. I requested control, and got a "gimbal control request timeout" error every time.
I have downgraded one AC (I1) to 1.6.0, but now my slave just makes an error tone several seconds after start up, and cannot even find a master when I get it to search for one. The Master connects with the AC and starts motors etc, but I have not flown it in this state.
Any thoughts from those who have been through this? Maybe I did things in the wrong order, have missed a step, am not holding my tongue the right way...??
Software.... sheesh...
2016-8-13
Use props
BrooklynDronesN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1340610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I noticed that my Slace RC is not working correctly after the new update. It can take pics, but the sticks no longer control the camera. Is this a known problem? I downgraded to 1.8 and 1.6 on the RC and it worked again. Focus works on the old firmware.
2016-8-13
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules