Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RuneWold
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1808064 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Hi

I see myzelf as an experienced pilot and have gone through all the S-models, the Inspire one, then with the X5 and now the Inspire Pro and X5R.

On both the Inspire One and the Inspire Pro I have had several Compass Error and had to fly in manually. I thought I was flying to close to high mountains and lost to many satelites but always was above 19. It usually only takes like 30 sec and its back to normal GPS mode.  (No need to say I have calibrated all including radio, got last firmware+ +)
It also on each of this tours dont go straight even in GPS mode. It tend to go to one side instead of a straigh line.

Im SUPER happy with the Inspire and X5r for sure!! And I have no problem flying in Manual and do it often but I also love the GPS mode for a bitt less "stress" when flying on special mission. I just wanted to hear if any had some experience with this and have some solution. I would not think to much about this but as it also now have happened to friend of mine who also live close to me.

The other I have noticed with the X5R is that it tend to tilt a bit to the side and not fully horisontal. I have also here calibrated and recalibrated and usually it comes and goes and I cant find a pattern. I fly a lot like 205 Flights on the Inspire Pro now. I have tested the X5R on the Osmo on a car and other and there it never does this but stay at perfect horisontal.

Best
R.

2016-7-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Is the drift contantly on one particular side or is it random? Were these out of box issues, or was the unit flying correctly prior?
2016-7-28
Use props
RuneWold
lvl.3
  • >>>
Norway

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-28 20:20
Is the drift contantly on one particular side or is it random? Were these out of box issues, or was  ...

Hi Jamie.

The Pro I strongly belive was out of the box.

Today I went to fly and film for a promo. I was high up and beside a mountain. 300 meters. I would expect some kind of "error" with the compass if I was really close to the mountain but I kept well away and all was fine. But when I got on top of the mountain where its all clear to any direction I got the Compass Error warning. I started to fly it manually. As you see on the first image with the lake was before the error. Im above a forest.

When the error came the camera tilted to the side. You can see before and after here. Then I flew out over a big forest bellow away from the mountain. Then the error stopped and GPS was back to normal. I could take the Inpire raw down with GPS all the way.

BUT what I noticed today. First I did not see any drifting but I forgot to check as I had to get high up before moving closer to the mountain. BUT when I was flying ahead I could see the drone swinging slowly to the left. LIke I was making a turn but the stick was still (not going up either) I Last calibrated the stick yesterday to be sure as I thought it could be this.

I just dont have any clue now :-)

Any ideas?

R :-)

2016-7-29
Use props
RuneWold
lvl.3
  • >>>
Norway

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-28 20:20
Is the drift contantly on one particular side or is it random? Were these out of box issues, or was  ...

An idea :-)

I went out on a field here that gives me great area to test on.
Tonight even out on the field I got the Compass error when the GPS went from 20 to like 13-14 and even dropped down to 11 once. But after 5 minutes it was back to 20 and steady as a rock from there.

A fact in here is that im now just bellow or almost on the Arctic Circle. To make it easy half way between the 66.5 North. (See illustration). Now we are in the summer when we have sun 24/7 where the earth is most "tilted against the sun" on the northern hemisphere.

I also as said have like now a 1000 meter hight mountain to one side
Here is where I was now

As a side note my GPS in the car had 8 Satellites. Not to compare but to inform :-)

2016-7-29
Use props
markaguille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

I'm not sure what your compass and GPS issues are all about but when flying in a straight line, cross winds will push you off course regardless of GPS or compass. GPS will hold the aircraft when stationary but while moving, even slight winds can cause a sideways drift.
2016-7-30
Use props
lkedziora
lvl.2
Flight distance : 808491 ft
Poland

See here: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=30969&pid=229354&page=2&extra=&mobile=2#pid229354
2016-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules