2851 60 2016-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hawks100
lvl.4
Flight distance : 134580 ft
United Kingdom

As above.
With so many restrictions as to were you can fly,how high,how far,not near breading birds, not near built up areas,people etc,etc.
Not that I want to fly everywhere, but it's only going to get worse as more restrictions being put in place.
Thinking of selling up while it's still worth something.

P3P 10 months old with little use.
3x Dji  batteries.
Multi charger (3 battery charger)
Dji bag
Battery warmer (never used)
16gb & 32gb card with card reader.
2sets Dji Carbon props
3sets Dji white props
Dji Rc strap
Pgy Rc tablet holder
Quick release prop guards.
I think that's everything.
Like new with very little use.
What's it worth.??
2016-7-28
Use props
Gabe R
lvl.4

$10 and ill even pay for shipping.
2016-7-28
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Stop it...
Your too funny...
2016-7-28
Use props
Gabe R
lvl.4

Ok fine pull my arm. I'll go as high as $11
2016-7-28
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
United Kingdom

It.wasnt funny the first time.
The second time is just childish.
Another reason for selling......
2016-7-28
Use props
moses the almos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 153766 ft

United States

id do  355.00 its an offer any way
2016-7-28
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
United Kingdom

That's not a bad offer for the 3 batteries.
2016-7-28
Use props
lsroof
lvl.1

Canada

I'll take the lot for $500.00 only if it wasn't crashed
2016-7-28
Use props
gtolhopf
New

Australia

I haven't heard of anyone policing these rules so if you don't do anything stupid I don't see it being a problem for a while yet
2016-7-28
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

You say "selling up".  I don't follow.  It sounds like you're selling everything, and won't get something else.  Selling up means selling to upgrade, like trading up.  An upgrade won't change the rules, unless you get a higher weight drone.   ???
2016-7-28
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The last 3 times I have flown my p3p, I have been told that,I can't fly over my land(farmer),no drones can fly near hear as Falcons are nesting near by and why do you people like flying about filming. I was walking out in the countryside miles from any buildings or built up areas. An RSPB officer walk over and told me not to fly in National parks.
Celebs(Chris Evans) is on the radio emploring  powers that be, to ban all drones from all national parks.
It just takes all the pleasure out of my hobby.
No it's never been crashed.
No,am not trading up.
I was just looking for people's thoughts as to the market value.
2016-7-28
Use props
Rex59
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24354 ft
United States

It's an old adage and never very helpful, but it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it. In all seriousness though, I'd add up the total cost you paid for everything and deduct 20-25%. As long as everything is in good shape, in working order and the craft has never been crashed, I would think that this would be a fair place to start. Good luck selling!
2016-7-29
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2136716 ft
United Kingdom

Rex59 Posted at 2016-7-29 10:12
It's an old adage and never very helpful, but it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it. In a ...

Would you consider selling items individually. Might consider the charging hub?
2016-7-29
Use props
showardsh1967
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2661 ft

instead of selling your p3p , trade up your house and move, so you can fly lol
2016-7-29
Use props
mustangracr11
lvl.1
Flight distance : 912 ft
United States

Since no one actually answered your question, I'll take a stab at it.  I'd think a reasonable starting point for almost a years worth of use for all that would be in the $1000 range...
2016-7-29
Use props
Ricardo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Look on Ebay. There is a lot of Phanton 3 standard, advanced, and professional units on there. Prices are all over the place. Good used advanced ones will trend for around $500-$600 even with some accessories. We can by new advanced here in the states for $699. New Pro's can be bought for $750-$900. So, in my opinion if you have a good, never crashed Pro with 3-batteries.........thinking $700- $800 would be a fair price. I'm sure you have a bunch more than that in it, but the release of the new Phantom 4 has pushed prices down a bit at least here in the states.
Just my personal opinion. Good Luck! It sounds like good equipment.
2016-7-29
Use props
knobbydave
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18504 ft

Ricardo Posted at 2016-7-29 19:59
Look on Ebay. There is a lot of Phanton 3 standard, advanced, and professional units on there. Price ...

Do what I do

Get up early and fly - none of those people will notice then - they don't get up until their servants wake them

(the RSPB bloke probably had a point if there were breeding/nesting birds nearby though - but not a whole national park!)

Don't let them bother you. I'm not saying break the rules, I'm just saying don't let them bother you. Most have got nothing better to do
2016-7-29
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

$12!

Ok seriously though -- here is what I would do:     Go on eBay and search for Phantom 3 Professional drones.   Go to the bar on the left side and find 'Completed Items' and check that.    It will narrow your list so that you can find what the drones actually SOLD for.    I do this with everything I sell both on and off eBay.   I'll get a realistic selling price and then either position it there on Ebay or place it on Craigslist.
The key is finding the price they are selling for, not the price people are asking for.
2016-7-29
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks to those who didn't give a stupid bid. Im not after a silly bid price, just sound advice.
Its had very little usage in the time ive had it since I bought it New, 10-15 flights.(using 3 x batteries each time)
Its never been crashed or had any hard landings.
I just think its time to move it on before its value takes an even bigger dive.
Thanks for those who replied with a proper input.
2016-7-29
Use props
P3_Nutz
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I'm in the same boat as you. Fed up flying it and people stopping asking endless questions about the thing or unable to fly due to restrictions. Last time I did fly along the coast I had to drop it out the sky as fast as possible due to a low flying plane that appeared out of nowhere which has now made me paranoid. I also don't really have the time and when I do its either pissing it down or its too windy!
2016-7-29
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Yep. Good old UK weather.
Last trip out was to Malham Cove.Amazing place to go with fantastic veiws. Rspb and signs on the farmers land saying no drones permitted.
What a shame.
Accross the road from me is a massive conifer tree,must be 120-150ft tall. If that's bending over I won't go an fly as I use that as my yard stick to how windy it is.
Still not sure what to do as I have got some fantastic footage.
2016-7-29
Use props
martin.ward11
New

United Kingdom

Hi Hawks
I spent 2 months trying to buy and got done by an Amazon seller (but reimbursed by Amazon) so just paid full price at Jessops (£450, 1 battery).
The market looks healthy and not a lot of standards about so get it on Ebay now. You'll drop 25-30% from new (and remember dji have dropped priced of drone)  
2016-7-29
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Its NOT a STANDARD, Its a P3PRO......
2016-7-29
Use props
tiansimpson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 593120 ft

What part of the UK are you from? I'm in Torquay and have not had any problems, apart from the UK weather I've been flying for 2 years and just the occasional sarcastic remark.
2016-7-29
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Up North from you.
You live in tropical Britain.....
Southport, cold wet an windy {:4_142:}
2016-7-29
Use props
knobbydave
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18504 ft
United Kingdom

Hawks100 Posted at 2016-7-30 02:46
Up North from you.
You live in tropical Britain.....
Southport, cold wet an windy

Stick with it Hawks - just ignore them

Us UK boys have to stick together - I'm in Staffordshire

I have a tiny grass air strip nearby and I went to introduce myself and see when they flew so we didn't get in each others way - the way they behaved you'd have thought they were Heathrow

They only fly microlites and the odd cessna

Like I said, I just get up before them
2016-7-29
Use props
Spare Wheel
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Lowest retail price (offer) at the moment is Jessops at £595.

I'll offer you £400 subject to seeing the flight logs (proof of no crashes).

I take it there is also the RC included - I do not see that on the list?

Regards
2016-7-30
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
United Kingdom

So you think that you can buy a P3P with a Dji bag, 3 batteries plus extras for £595.
Go Buy it then.
For the idiots that Cannot read.This thread was only put on here for advice on a realistic price in today's market.
It was NOT so that people with an IQ of an Ant offer me $10 $11 or £400.....
2016-7-30
Use props
nigelw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

A P3P in Jessops is £949.00.

Looking at the sold ones on ebay, I'd say you're looking at £750.00, a bit more if you split it & sell the batteries & charging hub separately.
2016-7-30
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks Nigel.
I'd want to sell on as a complete package if poss.
I might of been better keeping my P3A  and selling my P3P 4 months ago.
2016-7-30
Use props
Barney Rubbel
Second Officer

I believe you would probably get the most out of it if you sell it all separately. More of a pain in the ass, but possibly worth more. Just a thought. Here is a link to an ebay listing for a NEW P3P and accessories for $1049. That might help put you find the right ballpark. I'm thinking $800 might be a good start.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Phan ... :g:cw4AAOSwezVWt5t6

Barney
2016-7-30
Use props
dabassham
lvl.2
Flight distance : 176936 ft

Hawks100 Posted at 2016-7-29 14:54
The last 3 times I have flown my p3p, I have been told that,I can't fly over my land(farmer),no dron ...

I'm seeing used bundles similar to yours (less case) on ebay from $950 - $1,000
ebay used P3P

I feel your pain and it's a shame you need to sell but I do understand, seeing that investment sitting in a box not being used.   I live in Texas, U.S. and all state parks are off limits regardless of their location and use.  There is some spectacular scenery down in the S/SW of Texas that you might drive for miles and never see another vehicle but the minute you get your bird out to take some shots, the ranger shows up and shuts you down!  Best of luck on selling your stuff
2016-7-30
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Barney- thanks,your probably right about splitting it down.

dabassham-the minute you get your bird out to take some shots, the ranger shows up That would be the same in any country....
2016-7-30
Use props
Healimonster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 132523 ft
United States

my coworker just bought a brand new P3Pro on sale for $600. I would set your expectations below $500 for everything.
2016-7-30
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I wouldnt sell it for that low a price.
Looks like I'm keeping it to gather dust...
2016-7-30
Use props
nigelw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

Healimonster Posted at 2016-7-30 15:42
my coworker just bought a brand new P3Pro on sale for $600. I would set your expectations below $500 ...

That's pretty much irrelevant.  You can often sell used items on ebay for more than new items if the new item was a one off bargain as your friend obviously got.  If they're so cheap on general sale, show me where & I'll buy a truck load & sell them on ebay.
2016-7-30
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I'm up for a truck load too for that price..
Are sure it wasn't a P3 4K.? They look very similar with the gold bands..
2016-7-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Good luck in finding a buyer. Hopefully you get fare value for it. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-7-30
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23691 ft
United Kingdom

Guys - please remember that Hawks is in the UK not the USA or Canada or any other country with dollar pricing.

The significance of that?

Well, when you quote $124 for a new P3 battery, remember that in the UK we pay £124 ... now go look at the USD to GBP exchange rate on xe.com
When you quote $699 for a new P3A, we pay £699 for a new P3A ... again, look at the currency exchange rate.

If you wanted to buy a new P3A from the UK for delivery to the USA, excluding shipping cost, you're going to pay circa $1050 not $699.

Hawks is talking about a kit in the UK and to get the best of his money back he'll have to sell it to the UK due to the stupid price inflation we suffer over here by way of import duties and taxes etc.

Sorry to be grumpy, but please be aware of the effects of currency rates and local import duties and taxes, and how those change pricing from one country to the next.

Geezer
2016-7-30
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Good point made Geezer.
I think the New price for all my equipment, even a today's prices is over £1,300.
I know I will have to sell for a lot less than that, which is going to hurt as I know how little use its had.
I was just trying to get a feel for the value.
I do love it when I can fly and get that perfect video/picture that you can't get by any other means.
It's just not that frequently used to justify the value sat in a box.
2016-7-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules