Additional Video tap/monitor
1054 9 2016-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dupsta
lvl.1

United States

I was wondering if The Inspire 1 X5R would be able to utilize this extra FPV monitor I have laying around. Diversity reciever, 5.8 GHZ 8 channels. Has dual antennas.  Used this for my Phantom 2 nonVision.  I suppose this would allow an individual to view the FPV video feed from the X5R feed? I assume it too is 5.8ghz, not sure if I need to toogle through the chnanles on the older FPV reciever/monitor. Yeaa..  No need to have control or operate anything, just a static video tap?  
Pilot controls everthing, and can now shoo producers or muffin heads away.  

I might try to plug into that slave controler or something see if anything pops up?  Thoughts or help.  I am just diving into all this. Thanks for your help.

2016-7-28
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

You could use the monitor, but fed from the RC's mini HDMI port.
DJI's lightbridge is a proprietary digital system that won't work with your receiver.
2016-7-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I concur with Farnk666, you would not be able to use the built in receiver but you can do a dual video output from the RC via the mini HDMI port. You would just enable that function via the Image Transmission settings.
2016-7-29
Use props
dupsta
lvl.1

United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-7-29 01:54
You could use the monitor, but fed from the RC's mini HDMI port.
DJI's lightbridge is a proprietary  ...

OK thanks for the help.  I got this set up now and have a feed going out from the mini HDMI port. Cool. Even overlays flight info.  Nice touch.
However, I am concerned handing this radio and monitor over to people that are not use to handling Radios and expect them not to touch any flight inputs.  So I placed the slave Radio into FPV mode, and they can only accidentally hit the right input stick for tilt, seemed that was the less obtrusive mode to pick? Be nice if the slave camera controls could be turned off, so no one interferes with camera controls not even tilt in FPV.  Mode called, "Video Relay" . Just a straight up Video Tap.
And ideas or suggestions are always appreciated, just getting my feet wet on this camera set up.
Thanks
2016-8-3
Use props
dupsta
lvl.1

United States

user error, posted twice, how do I delete this.
2016-8-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

dupsta@hotmail. Posted at 2016-8-4 02:22
OK thanks for the help.  I got this set up now and have a feed going out from the mini HDMI port.  ...

Unfortunately the slave RC does not have a video relay mode at this time. The suggestion is appreciated and will be passed along to the appropriate department for further review. You're only other option at this time is to split the video output between a mobile device and monitor and be able to pass the monitor to your onlooker. This way your camera man is not hindered from operating the gimbal.
2016-8-3
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Can you have your external screen mounted on a tripod with a reasonably long hdmi cable to it?
In other words, can you arrange to mount the screen away from the RC so they can't get their hands/fingers/thumbs where you don't want them to?
2016-8-3
Use props
dupsta
lvl.1

United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-8-3 16:51
Can you have your external screen mounted on a tripod with a reasonably long hdmi cable to it?
In ot ...

I like that idea! A long cable, that will work just fine. Or... a shock collar, they touch it and it zaps them?  DJI "Zap it"  
Ok, in all seriousness, better yet.  
Dear DJI, lets step outside the box here.  How to improve upon a video rely option.  Using a Radio to rely video in video mode is a fine mod. But if we step back, DJI can just create a stand alone base station that receives the signal and than outputs multiple HDMI feeds to video village. No need to mess with the radio or make up new modes, just call it "light bridge base station" I will copyright that.  Bam, eight muffin heads watching your live feed and seeing why they hired you. DP, producers, agency can all be happy and far away from you. (mic drop)
2016-8-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-8-4 07:51
In ot ...

That would be feasible, that would not be a problem.
2016-8-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

dupsta@hotmail. Posted at 2016-8-4 08:45
I like that idea! A long cable, that will work just fine. Or... a shock collar, they touch it and  ...

It's a great suggestion. I can pass this along this feedback to the appropriate department for further review.
2016-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules