Flying Los Angeles: quick advice please
547 3 2016-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
seansubs13
lvl.1
United States

Hi, in laurel canyon, will be wandering the city for a few days. Noticing constant no-fly zone warning mixing with permissible flight on various apps, so I'll have the 4 out today and tomorrow. Drove past st Mary's U. on Bundy Drive and saw flying permitted. Can a local LAX flyer give me two-sentence summary of general law enforcement attitudes to drones in the city?
2016-7-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

I fly in Orange County and there's lots of open areas. I know LA county is heavily congested and have never flown there. I'm sure someone will chime in soon.
2016-7-29
Use props
stacebaal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621257 ft
United States

I've had my 4 since it first shipped and have been flying around the LA area without issue.  My advise - Just fly smart, stay away from crowds and 'tourist attractions'. Be discreet and respectful, remember LA has a paparazzi problem so people can get bent out of shape over privacy concerns real quick.  
2016-7-29
Use props
billwish76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft

Hey im in la. Sorry to say not many place one my spots is on fire so biggg no no and even places that faa has as open have local bans i beleve dana point in oc.tord malibu..i was tryin pv but got told they hace a city no drone rule.. yeah you can fly inplaces and some will worn others will just call the cops and snitch..la is full of snitches
2016-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules