OK Need Help.. Will anyone help me
2299 22 2016-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pdconner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65407 ft
United States

Hi, I'm Patrick... Can someone if you would please call me and talk to me about my new Phantom 3 - 4K .. I just need some help and need to have a few questions answered..

1) Flew it for the first time (got to about 250 feet and the screen on the remote started wigging out. Interference please be safe flying long distance keep blinking.. the screen went out and then to black and white and then back to color till I got back down to about 100 feet. ...
2) I am down to about 25% on the battery.. took it out of the unit and hooked it up to charger and the only light that blinks is the blue light next to the power button.. 3 blinks pause 3 blinks pause that is all..
3) I looked at the video I took and omg.. choppy and then looks good for about 3 senconds then choppy and choppy and choppy and choppy..

Somoene please help I feel like I should of stuck with my 100.00 drone that didnt have any issues and had 720P Video lol lol

Thanks for your help
Patrick

if you wnat to call me and talk please PM me and ill give you my number no problem.. I am in Indiana .. thanks
2016-7-29
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Dunno about the other vissues, but if the video is choppy, then there are optios. First, copy it off the SD card in the aircraft onto a harddisk before you play it. Then if it still does not play properly, download a copy of VLC Playrer (free) and try tthat. If it still does not play, get a faster computer.
2016-7-29
Use props
pdconner
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-7-29 19:52
Dunno about the other vissues, but if the video is choppy, then there are optios. First, copy it off ...

Did all of those and same thing.. also the Computer is a brand New Computer with 8 gig of RAM and windows 10 and brand new...  lol
2016-7-29
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

• The interference message might be just that: you could be flying in a space with heavy interference. Get to a sports field, well away from metal objects, factories, airports, etc. etc.
  • Battery for what? Aircraft or remote?
  • Choppy video is a common problem for people that a) record in a very high resolution, then b) play back on a computer that is not strong enough to playback that high rez video, at least not without a lot of processing.

Here are some things you should provide for better help:

• Exact message text. A screen shot of the DJI Go application in action, showing the signal levels for all areas (satillites, remote, HD, battery, etc.)
  • Which battery
  • What format you recorded video in and the specs of the computer you played the video back on.

With more info, we could give better solution recommendations.

Did you have trouble with actual DJI support? Could it be that they were looking for more concrete specifics before being able to help?

Chris

2016-7-29
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
United States

pdconner@comcas Posted at 2016-7-30 08:05
Did all of those and same thing.. also the Computer is a brand New Computer with 8 gig of RAM and  ...

Brand new don't mean squat and 8GB of RAM may be just the minimum required, depending on the resolution you recorded at.

Also probably required for good 4K playback: a high-end video card and SSD hard drives.

A simple/quick solution: record at a lower format, such as 1080p; it's still HD and easier to playback.
2016-7-29
Use props
pdconner
lvl.2
United States

Not A Speck Of  Posted at 2016-7-29 20:11
Brand new don't mean squat and 8GB of RAM may be just the minimum required, depending on the resol ...

OK Ill try that I think that might be the issue.. Im sorry I am just new to this just got it yesterday.. Also the batter started charging ok (battery from the drone) it is charging now.. I will lower the recording..
Thanks ..
Also I have a stupid question, my remote doesnt have the usb full size so I can hook my iphone or ipad to it (dont laugh but to be able to periscope) to my friends like others do.. Do they make an adapter I can use or did I not get the right drone..

Here is what they said to do periscope broadcast:
First, connect your iPhone to the DJI controller using usb to lightning cable
Turn on the drone and the controller. Press the ‘On’ button, release the ‘On’ button, press and hold it again until the light panel is fully lit
Make sure the external camera icon is visible
Open Periscope on your iPhone
Tap the Broadcast Tab to begin and you are off! Well done!

I dont have the usb port on the back of the controller just the microsub
2016-7-29
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
United States

I don't have the 4k, so I can't help with the micro USB.
2016-7-29
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

pdconner@comcas Posted at 2016-7-30 10:43
OK Ill try that I think that might be the issue.. Im sorry I am just new to this just got it yeste ...

Your P3-4K uses wifi to connect with your phone/tablet.
The Advanced and Pro use a cable.
2016-7-29
Use props
pdconner
lvl.2
United States

OK - So,,, I should take this back the Phantom 3 - 4k and get the Phantom 3 Advanced .. IS that what you mean.. also I am wanting to be able to hook the remote up using full size usb to my tablet to be able to do Periscope - to do this I guess you need a full size usb and the phantom 3 - 4k doesnt have that it just has the micro usb.  Does the 3 advance ave the full size usb on the remote.. also the batter is worse in the advance isnt it for fly time or is just me.. Am I losing anything besides the 4k with moving to the advance or what am I gaining.. I hope it can go higher then the 3 - 4k and not lose signal on the iphone screen like this one does..   please help
2016-7-29
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Sounds like you didn't do your research before buying.  Impulse?  What the hell is periscope?
2016-7-29
Use props
cloudycante
Second Officer
Flight distance : 558173 ft
Italy

If I remember well the battery is overheated, you should wait until it cools down. Anyho, all the blinking codes are in the manual
2016-7-29
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

pdconner@comcas Posted at 2016-7-30 11:36
OK - So,,, I should take this back the Phantom 3 - 4k and get the Phantom 3 Advanced .. IS that what ...

You can compare the different Phantom 3s here:  http://www.dji.com/products/compare-phantom

All have the same battery, motors and flight performance.
The Std and P3-4K are wifi and the Pro and Advanced use Lightbridge
2016-7-29
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

did you mean the battery blinked red? Dont think there is a blue light anywhere.
What are you charging? Remote or battery? Can you post a pic?
2016-7-29
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2016-7-30 11:42
Sounds like you didn't do your research before buying.  Impulse?  What the hell is periscope?

How do you know he didnt do his reasearch? Thats a pretty stupid thing to say. How do you know the P3 4k is not what fits his needs?
One word for you sir/mam. Ignorant

Also, why say what the hell is pericsope? Why not get off you butt and google it? here, i did it for you.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=periscope
2016-7-29
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello, I think these 2 video may help you and as for Phantom 3 4K, it uses wifi connection.Also, please take a look at the original video flies in the gimbal SD card which have much better quality than the cache video.

2016-7-29
Use props
pdconner
lvl.2
United States

WOW Thanks everything and to AG0N-Gary I am SORRY I bothered you with these questions and I DID my research but its hard to cover everything.. WOW... You never really know till you try it yourself.. I am sorry that I bothered you with this...

To the others Thanks.. The battery was i fact to warm to be charged and I found that out and it is working now. I also found out that the 4K video file was just to big to play in raw format.. I went out and did another video at 30 FPS and 1080 and it is better.  So I am sorry I am just learning I guess..

I am concerned that I started getting alont of stuff going on with the screen (blinking out and flickering and changing to black and white at 250 ft.) I thought it could go farther than that.. I am going out today to my church (big big area out away from town) and see how it does there but I am still in thoughts I should change to the advance because of the better range but again I dont know that because I havent had one and dont know ANYONE personally that has drowns. So any help I can get on here I would love it.. Again I am sorry if I bother you guys..
2016-7-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

You can't ask enough questions, and they are never a bother to anyone or myself, on here.
Most folks who try to help others are phantom drone, problem free, so we are 'herein' to help. Hehe
Ask away... ;-)
If it were me, I would return that craft for an Advanced or Professional model. Prices are so very low, it practically dictates...

RedHotPoker
2016-7-30
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-7-30 10:14
You can't ask enough questions, and they are never a bother to anyone or myself, on here.
Most folk ...

If you have the financial ability to do so,  go for the advanced,   for sure.  I can go out about 3 miles with mine,  bone stock.  The Advanced uses Lightbridge,  which is a Dji proprietary method of using radio to send imagery.  It is far better than regular Wi-Fi, which is what your p34K uses.  The down side is you get 2.7k video instead of 4k video.  For me,  no big deal.  Most things will not yet play 4 k video anyway.  I can say for sure,  you will be happy with an Advanced for a long time.
2016-7-30
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would third that, if do-able for you then exchange for the 3A or 3P. The light-bridge makes them a pleasure to use without having to worry about losing signal all the time.
2016-7-30
Use props
pdconner
lvl.2
United States

OK I just ordered it (Phantom 3 Advance) and will have it Aug. 4th at Bestbuy.. Thank you everyone.. I appreciate all your help and advice..
2016-7-30
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.3

United States

pdconner, where in Indiana do you live? I also live in Indiana.
2016-7-30
Use props
pdconner
lvl.2
United States

Muncie, but work in Fishers and you...
2016-7-31
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.3

United States