Can you mount the GoPro Hero on the Phantom 1?
3844 6 2015-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
swimmer1929
New

United States

Hi. I am wondering if it is possible to mount the GoPro Hero (the new, budget $130 one) onto the Phantom 1.

Thanks.

2015-1-26
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

It uses the same mounts as all the other GoPro line of cameras so it will fit the camera mount that is included with the Phantom 1.
2015-1-27
Use props
raimondopacci.g
New
Italy

Yes we can. I did it. You can install your camera (w/o the back cover to reduce the weight), removing the lower brace (unscrew it). Then, fix the Hero with some hot glue. I fly with no problems and film with same quality of any other Gopro (depends from the settings, obviously)
2015-1-28
Use props
MassDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 894642 ft
United States

raimondopacci.g Posted at 2015-1-29 01:42
Yes we can. I did it. You can install your camera (w/o the back cover to reduce the weight), removin ...

I also use a GoPro Hero (the $129 version) on my Phantom 1. I did't like the supplied GoPro mount, as my large fingers couldn't hold the nut securely as I turned in the screw. My solution was to use the flat-sided sticky mount that came with the GoPro. Its nut is permanently attached, so all it takes is turning the screw to attach the camera to the drone.

I attached the stick pad to the lower shell just behind the small screw on the front so as not to block access to the screw. The mounting is semi-permanent, and I know that general-aviation pilots use the same mount on their aircraft flying at 120+ knots.
2016-1-12
Use props
ericleclair88
New

Canada

raimondopacci.g Posted at 2015-1-28 22:42
Yes we can. I did it. You can install your camera (w/o the back cover to reduce the weight), removin ...

Couldn't have said it better my self   You can always make custom parts as well using 3d printing. Like this FPV / OSD Mount.
https://pinshape.com/items/6180- ... antom-fpv-osd-mount

I would rather buy the parts just because I'm not tech genius . . . yet

2016-1-22
Use props
RATTYDUDE77
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

yes you can the gopro is used a lot with the phantom family....
2016-4-10
Use props
fans6d8b674a
New

Japan

RATTYDUDE77 Posted at 2016-4-10 07:39
yes you can the gopro is used a lot with the phantom family....

Also just go to Youtube and you'll see how tons of people are mounting GoPros on drones. I'm sure it will help you out.
2017-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules