Phantom 2 - 3D Zenmuse H4 + GoPro Black. It will not start...
870 6 2016-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
simone.luchini
lvl.1

Germany

Phantom 2 - 3D Zenmuse H4 + GoPro Black. It will not start...

Hello to all,
I'm trying to start the Phantom 2 just bought but I can not ...
I state that I replaced the original supports with the biggest we avoid being framed by the camera.
When then also turn on the Drone, the LEDs light up all (still green) for a few seconds and then go off. At that point he looks dead.
I tried to press the again and again battery button, holding it down, but nothing. Light up all four LEDs (green) and after a couple of seconds go off ...
HELP!

N.B.
It is the first time with the drones, so I didn't use the go pro: there is only  the gimbal Zemuse installed but no camera mounted because - as I said before - I would like to learn to fly the drone and then to film with it.

Thanks for help!
2016-7-30
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Can you turn on the battery out of the phantom ?
Its hard to tell from your description if you are not turning on the battery correctly or something else is wrong.

Push the battery button once, release and then push and hold until all the lights on the battery come on.

Have you downloaded the Phantom 2 manuals ?
2016-7-30
Use props
simone.luchini
lvl.1

Germany

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2016-7-30 21:44
Can you turn on the battery out of the phantom ?
Its hard to tell from your description if you are n ...

No... where i can find it?
I simply followed the "brochure manual" I found in the pack...
2016-8-4
Use props
simone.luchini
lvl.1

Germany

Anyway, now it works, but I can go ahead with compass calibration...: after step 5 "slow yellow flashing indicates ready  to fly without GPS", I'm training the next step following the instructions (Step 6):
Rapidly flip the S1 switch from the "fully up" to the "fully down" positions for at least 6 times, but the LEDS turn on solid RED. Even if switch off and then on the remote controller the LED Flight indicators DON'T change to display a solid yellow but remains on solid RED.
Please help!
2016-8-4
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

The Phantom 2 manual can be found HERE

Solid Red rear LED's mean a error, you need to plug into the Phantom assistant and see if it shows anything abnormal.

2016-8-4
Use props
simone.luchini
lvl.1

Germany

Hi J,
I made this check:
[img]https://forum11.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/%5Burl=https://postimg.org/image/53oiyukr5/%5D[/url]host image[/img]
url immagine

What kind or error is it? (Of course; I restart Remote Control and Drone more times...)
2016-8-4
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

First thing would be to check the connections to the compass, both on the leg and inside the Phantom.
The "Tools" section should show you more info on the compass, and gives tips on how to fix.

pt2comp.jpg
2016-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules