Is DJI selling our email addresses to spammers?
1140 6 2015-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AirWolf1
lvl.1

United States

I've seen a sharp increase in spam email since I registered for this forum. Just a coincidence or are you getting more spam too?

Say it ain't so, DJI.
2015-1-26
Use props
MTShipp
lvl.2

United States

I use special email for all registrations for this exact same reason. So far, no emails coming into it unrelated to this forum, DJI, or Skypixel.
2015-1-26
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

China

No, obviously no
It is not worth to get money in that way
We will pay more attetion to the security of the information of our customers.
2015-1-26
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think that DJI has put the scrambled numbers and letters into your response request to prevent spam. If you have noticed for the last couple of weeks you must enter the encrypted code letters to make a post.They must be aware of the issue and are implementing safeguards to avoid the Bots.
2015-1-26
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think that DJI has put the scrambled numbers and letters into your response request to prevent spam. If you have noticed for the last couple of weeks you must enter the encrypted code letters to make a post.They must be aware of the issue and are implementing safeguards to avoid the Bots.
2015-1-26
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

I can confidently say "no". I use a different email for every service I sign up (using  a "catchall"). I have not seen a single spam to the email address I use for DJI.
2015-1-26
Use props
ebarronh.email
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10203 ft
Peru

I thought I was alone on this one but I also have noticed an exponential increase in spam email ever since I registered.
I don't think they are selling the emails but I have just realize it's easy to get somebody's email on this site.
2015-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules