Video prooves that switch to FCC power possible at any location
1927 14 2016-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

at 0:32 it switches from CE power output (20mw) to FCC power output (43mw)

at 1:40 it prooves that it is in CE territory

at 2:00 if prooves that it could actually start

read the texts at youtube to get more information
2016-7-30
Use props
markaguille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

How is this being switched from 20 to 43?
2016-7-31
Use props
vincenzomiceli
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1696781 ft
Ireland

I wonder if the transmission power of the inspire has to change too. No much point in having more range if you can't see video or telemetry data...

V.
2016-8-1
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

vincenzomiceli Posted at 2016-8-1 12:32
I wonder if the transmission power of the inspire has to change too. No much point in having more ra ...

Dont get this wrong. This is not some physical change of the RC.

FCC Mode is already built in by factory. Of course as well in the remote as in the Inspire. Its like switching from GPS to ATTI. If you switch to ATTI on the RC the Inspire doesnt stay on GPS. The same here. If you switch to FCC mode of course both get in FCC mode not only the RC.
2016-8-1
Use props
markaguille
lvl.4
Guernsey

Machoman Posted at 2016-8-1 12:08

FCC Mode is already built in by  ...

So how do you switch to FCC mode? Am I missing something here?
2016-8-1
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

You have to contact the email in the video to get a quote.
2016-8-1
Use props
vincenzomiceli
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1696781 ft
Ireland

Machoman Posted at 2016-8-1 12:08

FCC Mode is already built in by  ...

Uhm, ok, this looks like a config change in the DJI app... A better proof would be a range test in the two modes, is this something you have already done? Ca you fly the inspire to 5Km?

Thx,

V.
2016-8-3
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

vincenzomiceli Posted at 2016-8-3 15:14
Uhm, ok, this looks like a config change in the DJI app... A better proof would be a range test in ...

Well with my modified RC and FCC mode range is limited only by the battery but it was never important for me too fly so far my problem more was not to loose the connection behind the first tree as I am flying at low altitude in rough terrain.

Besides as the different RCs 658A, B, C and the different Inspire versions 1410 and 1510 do all have different power output and ranges and I even suspect differences between the same models a range test would not show very much. If you search this forum you will find some who claim that they cannot fly even 2km and some who dont have a problem with 4km with stock configuration. So the individual range reached in some specific environment is not a objective criterium.

Only the actual measurement of power output is. Does the FCC measure range or sending power?

The video shows power output for the GL658B the weakest of all remote controls. The effect will be much bigger with a GL658C however as I dont have one I cannot test this.
2016-8-3
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Machoman Posted at 2016-8-3 09:00
Well with my modified RC and FCC mode range is limited only by the battery but it was never import ...
Machoman-
I notice you have a range extender mounted on your RC, Is yours also boosted by an amplifier ?

I am fortunate, I have the "C" model transmitter and get over 3 miles line of sight , I really could not go much farther if I wanted to make it back to the Home Point.  

When you mention The FCC mode , would that not be on all USA transmitters as standard equipment , and just activating it to the USA turn on that capability ?

donnie
2016-8-3
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

Donnie Posted at 2016-8-3 16:08
Machoman-
I notice you have a range extender mounted on your RC, Is yours also boosted by an amplifi ...

I have amplifiers but never used them - too much work loading an additional battery and to uncomfortable to mount on the RC. With FCC mode I dont need the extra amp.

The FCC Mode has nothing to do with "USA transmitters" it can be turned on with any RC and it does not have to be activated in USA.
2016-8-3
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Machoman Posted at 2016-8-3 09:35
I have amplifiers but never used them - too much work loading an additional battery and to uncomfo ...

Thanks , appreciate the info.

donnie
2016-8-3
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

Donnie Posted at 2016-8-3 16:37
Thanks , appreciate the info.

donnie

And actually FCC mode brings more then an extra amp because it changes the mode in RC AND plane while the extra amp puts power to the RC which the plane does not return.

I made a indoor test with an extra amp putting RC output to 1000mw but didnt get more range or better penetration through walls because probably the signal reaches the plane - but it does not come back.

While antennas will bring an advantage sending and receiving and the FCC mode enhances both devices the amps seem to be useless - or at least have much less effect then expected - until you find a way to also put amps on the plane.

Its like you have a walkie talkie with 1000mw speaking to someone who has one with 20mw - he will hear you but you will not hear him. The experience will be better when both have 40mw instead.
2016-8-3
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Machoman Posted at 2016-8-3 10:09
And actually FCC mode brings more then an extra amp because it changes the mode in RC AND plane wh ...

That is a great example, thanks for sharing your knowledge

donnie
2016-8-3
Use props
markaguille
lvl.4
Jersey

Who are fccswitch@digital-filestore.de? Do they have a website?
2016-8-3
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

No its just a email address to get a quote
2016-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules