Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Charging Battery and Remote at the same time?
5408 6 2015-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

Well here is a link and I'm hoping to here from some beta testers or DJI is it ok to do or not? If not why? I have 4 chargers as I seen a need for them but this guy brings up a point about the temp being the same. Just curious

Charging Both @ the same time?

2015-1-26
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

My Inspire 1 User Manual V 1.0,  2014.12, at page 21, has the following warning: It says "Do not charge the Intelligent Flight Battery and remote controller with standard charger (Model: A14-100P1A) at the same time, otherwise the charger may overheat." Must admit I did it the first few times as I did not read the fine print.
2015-1-26
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
United States

daninperth Posted at 2015-1-27 10:17
My Inspire 1 User Manual V 1.0,  2014.12, at page 21, has the following warning: It says "Do not cha ...

Ok it says charger MAY over heat. Well I've always charged mine seperately as the manual suggested but with the guy putting a lazer thermometer on it and no difference in temp does it really over heat. I'm just asking the powers from above as it could speed up the charging process! I have 4 chargers but would really like to hear some input from DJI or there beta testers

Mike
2015-1-26
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

svencool Posted at 2015-1-27 10:44
Ok it says charger MAY over heat. Well I've always charged mine seperately as the manual suggested ...

Hey Mike,

I see what you are saying. I couldn't open that link you posted and I guess that would have explained that you already know what the official recommendation is.  There must be someone here who can shed some light on the specific probabilities.  Hope I can find some extra chargers to buy soon.
Wonder if we could assume from the wording in the manual that there are other types of chargers coming.

Dan
2015-1-26
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
United States

daninperth Posted at 2015-1-27 12:02
Hey Mike,

I see what you are saying. I couldn't open that link you posted and I guess that would h ...

Well it was from a FB page but here is some of what I can copy and paste.

Jacob Prupas‎DJI Inspire 1 Owners Group

For what it is worth, we tested charging with and without remote at the same time and saw no increase in charger temperature. It always hovered around 130F case temp. Watt draw is 110w battery or both. Remote only is around 25watt. Anyone know if charging remote while charging battery will increase charging time?

10933697_10155162438505298_1337863112708887917_n.jpg
2015-1-26
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

svencool Posted at 2015-1-27 12:27
Well it was from a FB page but here is some of what I can copy and paste.

Jacob Prupas‎DJI Inspi ...

Thanks Mike! Interesting to see.

Dan
2015-1-26
Use props
DBS
lvl.2

United States

I do my remote and batteries at the same time regularly... BUT...  I make sure to have the air conditioning running and a fan blowing right on the converter box the entire time ... AND the box up on blocks so the air can circulate around the entire unit... because I heard about the "heat" thing...

Now that these things have been out for awhile... anybody have any bad experiences with doing this?

I've got 4 batteries and 2 remotes to charge so cheating here helps get everything done but I'd rather not damage anything I guess

2015-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules