Matrice M600 brand new, but won't fly due to ESC Error
2850 4 2016-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
steve.visualcha
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi... Got my new Matrice M600 in the week (having waited 3 months on delivery), followed all initial instructions on registering via DJI Assistant. On startup for first time RC wanted firmware upgrade, m600 was already at latest, so let that happen. This then reset the RC to defaults which meant it needed to be relinked. So did that. Started RC, Started M600  it immediately reported ESC error, restart the aircraft etc.. Did that, same issue... Ran an IMU calibration and Compass calibration several times, and checked motors for debris/issues, but no good. Just states ESC error restart the aircraft, if problem persists return to DJI. Spent all day on Internet and DJI but nothing, nada... Anyone else have this? Any ideas? There isn't a shipping case yet for the M600 so god knows how I send it anywhere. It was put together and flight tested by my UK supplier who I will also get in touch with on Monday, naturally.

DJI this is brand new. Please advise the correct procedure to respond to this error as there are no references to it in your documentation.
2016-7-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I'm sorry to hear you're havig issues. To clarify, have you tried reinstalling the most current firmware on the aircraft? Please let us know if the dealer is able to assist with an exchange.
2016-8-1
Use props
info
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1424104 ft
United Kingdom

UPDATE:
This is how I diagnosed which motor/esc was broken.
- Turn off M600
- Place all the props inline with the arms
- Turn on M600 and watch for the props twitch after start up beep
- Look at which props have moved on the centre arm line and which have not.
- Repeat this a few times to make sure that any no movers remain still.
- The dead motor/ESC is the one that doesn't move.
In my case this was one single motor and so I made a note of the spin direction and arm number and had a replacement sent out. After fitting - reasonalbly easy to do - all was fine, no error and finaly flew.
2016-8-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

info@dronemedia Posted at 2016-8-10 20:06
UPDATE:
This is how I diagnosed which motor/esc was broken.
- Turn off M600

Good to hear you were able to get a resolution and up and running.
2016-8-10
Use props
RimpleStillSkin
lvl.1

United States

I am having same error message and flashing light on motor arm after firmware update.  

Out of warranty for 7 months.  No problem buying new arm but what if that is not the problem?   It did not crash or have any problems before 4 months ago.  Sat in corner til now.  Flew perfectly previously. HELP

Is there default, firmware I can revert back to then go forward?   

$7000 machine grounded.  HELP.
2017-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules