o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

GTDrone Posted at 2016-8-6 09:36
i just get the email ant thanks god im going to get a quad ,

and yea the red line is higher than ...

That's good to hear. And if you have RTH set to 50m and you are flying far away at 100m up then it will come home at 100m.
2016-8-5
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2197703 ft
Guatemala

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-5 20:13
It's good to hear that you've come to a positive resolution thus far.

Hi DJI Jamie thanks for the follow up I think tha t you paladin and ken make it possible

Now I'm just waiting their answer to see how they are going to send me the quad ,  I told  KEn that I promise to buy a gps tracker and also post my thanks to DJI in my YouTube channel  so let's  wait the answer and to get my quad

I'm open to help DJI if you help me guys !!!
2016-8-5
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-5 20:13
It's good to hear that you've come to a positive resolution thus far.

Thanks DJI Jaime

i think that you , DJI -Ken, and DJI-Paladin make it possible , i told DJI ken that I'm going to buy an extra GPS  for the phantom , i just have two questions

if i add that to my quad , it doest void the warranty right ?

do you have any recommendations  of a GPS , also DJI ken if you any suggestion , your comments are welcome , i heard about Trackimo but it looks expensive  for me so any other suggestion

also I'm thinking about add range extender to the phantom controller , I'm not going to touch the phantom
I'm sure that this void the controller warranty , but what about the quad warranty ?

should i create a new tread about my questions ?
2016-8-5
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-5 20:17
That's good to hear. And if you have RTH set to 50m and you are flying far away at 100m up then it ...

ok thanks for your support ,
I'm going to wait DJI support answer to se how i can get the quad , also I'm checking all the GPS devices
i don't know if Trackimo is the best option or is there something less expensive

also if i add gps does it void the warranty ?

i don't want to lose signal again so I'm thinking to mod my controller , I'm sure void the warranty of the controller but , I'm not going to touch the quad ,  does ti void the warranty of the quad to ?
do you know how long they take to send the remplacement , im just wondering because i alredy programed  vacations to visit a moutain and i want to take some shots with the quad , so its going to be amazing if i can have the quad before that date

regards
2016-8-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

GTDrone Posted at 2016-8-6 15:28
ok thanks for your support ,
I'm going to wait DJI support answer to se how i can get the quad , a ...

Adding a GPS tracker will not void the warranty as long as it does not not effect the aircraft so don't mount it underneath the VPS. Mount it on the side and do a compass calibration after.
If they determine a crash was caused by signal and ask for the RC to be sent in and it's modified then it's possible that it could void the warranty but I'm not sure. Better to not do any modifications. I do not know when they will send your out but I'm sure it will be this week and Probably the beginning of the week.
2016-8-6
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-6 21:39
Adding a GPS tracker will not void the warranty as long as it does not not effect the aircraft so  ...

Thanks

i was thinking about something like this one , and may be add a parachute ,

but i dont know if its really necessary, i dont know whats the % of  reboot or battery error during fly  

GPS mount

and in the other side
2016-8-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

GTDrone Posted at 2016-8-8 23:36
Thanks

i was thinking about something like this one , and may be add a parachute ,

Yes, the GPS tracker mounted there should be fine. As far as a parachute, I don't know the weight and it may have an effect on the aircraft.
Personally I don't see a reason to have a parachute for a battery issue. I could only see it for in case you had a collision with a bird or something. If you use new props with any kind of prop strike at all there's no reason to have a prop failure.
2016-8-8
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-8 10:30
Yes, the GPS tracker mounted there should be fine. As far as a parachute, I don't know the weight  ...

Thanks , ok im going to get only the GPS tracker , do you have any recommendation ?
do you use it in your quads ?
2016-8-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

GTDrone Posted at 2016-8-9 03:18
Thanks , ok im going to get only the GPS tracker , do you have any recommendation ?
do you use i ...

I use the Trackimo and really like it. I've used the TK-102 like the one in the photo you posted but you need your own SIM card and a text messaging plan. The Trackimo is more expensive but way better quality and comes with 1yr of service then $5 a month after that.The TK-102 was fine for me as with my other job I had a company phone and after work when I went flying I just used the SIM card from it. But if you only have one phone then I'd get the Trackimo.
http://trackimo.com/
2016-8-8
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-8 13:57
I use the Trackimo and really like it. I've used the TK-102 like the one in the photo you posted bu ...

Thanks im going to see if trackimo works here and evaluate the price with the other one
now im just waiting for the response from support , to we what i going to do and how much im going to have to spend in shipping to see if i can save money for the trackimo
2016-8-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

GTDrone Posted at 2016-8-10 00:12
Thanks im going to see if trackimo works here and evaluate the price with the other one
now im ju ...

I just ordered another Trackimo yesterday, price is good.  https://www.amazon.com/Trackimo- ... 1&keywords=trackimo And look at your email, they've already responded to saying they cannot ship to a PO box.

Also, I just spoke to them and you need a US address. They are giving you a code for a new aircraft but the code will only work in the US.
So basically you will get a new aircraft BUT it can only be shipped to a US address.
2016-8-9
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-9 10:27
I just ordered another Trackimo yesterday, price is good.  https://www.amazon.com/Trackimo- ... 1&k ...

Yes thats correct  they already answer , i  ask them other question and they didnt  answer yet

Im just waiting the code because im  going to sent the quad to my grand mother's home , or to a hotel if i travel there , may be im going to be in las Vegas because of my job

do you know if there is going to be a DJI event or a quad copter racing between the 20 and the 25 of this month  i want to watch it or participate

regards
2016-8-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

GTDrone Posted at 2016-8-10 02:49
Yes thats correct  they already answer , i  ask them other question and they didnt  answer yet

I ...

I don't know about event dates but here is the link with all the info.They have many emails to answer it may take a day or two to get back to you.
If you have a friend in the US you can use their address and just have them ship it to you when you get to the US.
http://www.dji.com/event
2016-8-9
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-9 13:46
I don't know about event dates but here is the link with all the info.They have many emails to answ ...

Yea i know but basically it means that im not going to be able to take
shots with the quad in my little travel , well i think im going to wait , im going to confirm next week if im going to travel to USA or not , maybe i can save that  200 USD that they charge to send the quad to my country , and thanks for the link

just for your understanding 200 shipping ( 12% of tax of the product , 12% extra because is a drone + 25 usd shipping ) government here charge you for everything

2016-8-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

GTDrone Posted at 2016-8-10 06:26
Yea i know but basically it means that im not going to be able to take
shots with the quad in my l ...

Wow, that's a lot for shipping.
One option I can think of if you have nothing to fly is to send your RC, battery and charger to a family member or friend in the US and have the aircraft shipped there then advertise it for sale then but a new one from your dealer in your area. In the end that may be less expensive and get you back in the air sooner if you have no plans to come to the US anytime.
2016-8-10
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-10 09:29
Wow, that's a lot for shipping.
One option I can think of if you have nothing to fly is to send yo ...

Yea thats an other option ,  but it think that is not the best in my case , because if i sell the quad and buy a new one here  , its really expensive  the price of the phantom 4 here is  1200 usd  and the p4  $2027.00  so now you can understand why i buy quads or parts in US when i have the chance

and well as you mentioned Battery , do you think that with the quad that im going to get with the cupon im going to get a battery ? remember that i dont have a bettery because  it was in the quad when i lose it

2016-8-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

GTDrone Posted at 2016-8-11 00:57
Yea thats an other option ,  but it think that is not the best in my case , because if i sell the q ...

Yes, since the entire aircraft was lost you will get another battery.
2016-8-10
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-10 11:23
Yes, since the entire aircraft was lost you will get another battery.

ok Thanks for the information

mmm do you know how long they are going to take to answer me or sent me the cupon , mmm i just receive an email  of  Questionnaire on our service  , but how i do suppose to fill it out if the case is not closed yet

or i dont know if they close the ticket alredy or whats going on ?

2016-8-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

GTDrone Posted at 2016-8-11 02:07
ok Thanks for the information

mmm do you know how long they are going to take to answer me or se ...

I am having a coupon code being sent to you right now from the RTH department. It's good for 30 days but if you can't make it to the US in that time the code will expire but don't worry and just call again and they will get the code extended for another 30 days and you can keep doing that.
2016-8-10
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I am concerned more now because I also use an iphone 6 plus!

I guess I am going to update the ios  now and hope for the best.

I have been having issues lately with bad video streaming.

I have a question: How do you get the screen shot to show the map and the stick movements?
2016-8-10
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-8-10 20:21

I guess I am going to update the ios   ...

From the main front screen of DJI GO App' (The one where you 'connect to device') open icon at top left of page, this should display your 'growth of value' etc...Drag flight list up from bottom of page, select the flight record you want to view. When flight record is open select the icon at the bottom of the player that looks like a remote control. This should now display the circles representing the control sticks. Play the flight record an you will see flight commands as they were entered using the control sticks.
2016-8-10
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-8-10 13:21

I guess I am going to update the ios   ...

Yes update the APP i talk with DJI  support and they told me that they release a new app version
that fix this errors

and Aardvark alredy answer you of how to show the stick movements

regards
2016-8-10
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-10 12:28
I am having a coupon code being sent to you right now from the RTH department. It's good for 30 da ...

Thanks , well im going to wait because i didnt receive the code yet ,
i hope i receive it Soon , and just to make sure ,  do i have to order the quad only and it includes battery already or i have to order quad only plus battery using the same code

Im wondering if i can order a P4 haha that would be Amazing but i dont think its going to be possible even if i pay the $200 extra for the controller , i dont know if its posible to do a deal ,

well im ok with the resolution that they give me already but double compass and IMU sounds a nice safety feature

Regards  
2016-8-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

GTDrone Posted at 2016-8-11 04:34
Thanks , well im going to wait because i didnt receive the code yet ,
i hope i receive it Soon , ...

The coupon code if for a Phantom 3 Pro with battery (no RC or Charger) and it cannot be used as credit for another aircraft.
2016-8-10
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-10 14:54
The coupon code if for a Phantom 3 Pro with battery (no RC or Charger) and it cannot be used as cr ...

Ok thanks ,

lets wait for it
2016-8-10
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-10 14:54
The coupon code if for a Phantom 3 Pro with battery (no RC or Charger) and it cannot be used as cr ...

Hey Ken ,

yesterday i get the code , and it didnt work i contact support team and now is working

im Happy thanks for your support   the only issue is the shipping but im going to figure out what to do

regards
2016-8-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

GTDrone Posted at 2016-8-12 01:59
Hey Ken ,

yesterday i get the code , and it didnt work i contact support team and now is working  ...

Sounds good, hope you get to fly it soon.
2016-8-11
Use props
PJI72
lvl.1
Flight distance : 106854 ft
Portugal

Hi there! Focusing in the "fly away" issue. Can anyone explay why or how it happened? And, being this my main issue, if it could happen again to any of us other phantom 3 professional owners?
Is it already corrected and never can again happen, what was corrected, it depends of a combination of improbable but not impossible factors... ?
Tell us something, please... Just to allow us all to have a more calm and peacefull fly, without being "afraid" that our drone decide to escape and fly away from us.
2016-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules