Slave RC not connecting after upgrade
1521 17 2016-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
juergen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21227 ft
Switzerland

I upgraded my Slave RC and no it does not connect anymore o anything. I also dont see it in the DJI go app.
2016-8-1
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

I had the same problem couple days ago. Tried again with another tablet and it worked fine. That said, I rolled back the firmware then tried another tablet.
2016-8-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

To clarify, what firmware do you have on the aircraft and both RCs? Try to reset the remote controller using the following combinaltion:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and that should allow for you to set it as the slave again.
2016-8-1
Use props
juergen
lvl.2
Switzerland

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-1 23:11
To clarify, what firmware do you have on the aircraft and both RCs? Try to reset the remote controll ...

I have the following versions:
App: 2.8.3
Inspire 1: 1.9.1.30
Camera: 1.8.1.00
Remote Controller 1.7.40

This is for the Master Controller which works. I also can fly the Inspire 1 with that RC.

With the seconnd controller I donot get a connection through the App. Therefore I am not able to check the FW Version. I was trying to to a FW update now to Version 1.3 and there is no text file on the USB stick just the BIN file. I t doesnt matter how long I wait. I did the the 3 button push and it  did not change anything or help.
Any further thoughts?
2016-8-1
Use props
juergen
lvl.2
Switzerland

markaguille Posted at 2016-8-1 19:00
I had the same problem couple days ago. Tried again with another tablet and it worked fine. That sai ...

Hi, how do you roll back the firmware?
2016-8-2
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Jersey

juergen@steinbi Posted at 2016-8-2 11:13
Hi, how do you roll back the firmware?

In the DJI Go app, on the page where you select the aircraft there will be a graduates hat icon (top right) press and hold the icon and it will take you to the screen where you can go back to the last firmware.

Good luck
2016-8-2
Use props
juergen
lvl.2
Switzerland

markaguille Posted at 2016-8-2 12:43
In the DJI Go app, on the page where you select the aircraft there will be a graduates hat icon (t ...

I tried that and I do not get any SW to downgrade to as the App does not see the RC.
2016-8-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

juergen@steinbi Posted at 2016-8-2 22:07
I tried that and I do not get any SW to downgrade to as the App does not see the RC.

What color is the status LED on the RC?
2016-8-2
Use props
juergen
lvl.2
Switzerland

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-2 17:12
What color is the status LED on the RC?

Status color is red.
2016-8-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

This was after performing the RC reset, correct? Use the following button combination to now force the RC to rebind:

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD.
*Press the ISO wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.

It should then make the troublesome RC the master, which you can make the slave RC again. Let me know if the issue persists.
2016-8-2
Use props
juergen
lvl.2
Switzerland

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-2 21:42
This was after performing the RC reset, correct? Use the following button combination to now force ...

OK. I did that. The light of the troublesome controller changed to green, but still no connection from the app to the controller. No camera view. I could control the gimball to go up and down, bit no connection between the controller and the tablet. As a result the ''old'' controller did not connect anymore. After the same procedure with the ''old'' controller it did connect. But the troublesome controller still does not connect to the tablet.

2016-8-2
Use props
david.p.mann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

juergen@steinbi Posted at 2016-8-2 18:17
OK. I did that. The light of the troublesome controller changed to green, but still no connection  ...

juergen -

If the tablet is connected to the spare remote controller with a USB cable and the controller is powered on and the DJI app screen is displaying "DISCONNECTED", then either the USB cable is bad OR the USB port on the remote controller has failed. I had the exact same same issue several months ago after an earlier firmware update. I ultimately was able to get the spare remote controller working again by swapping out the USB module on the back of the remote controller with a DJI optional HDMI output board ($90), which also includes a new USB port as well as a new HDMI output port.

When connected to a powered on remote controller, if you are also seeing that you can select any DJI aircraft model number on the main screen of the DJI app (just like you would if you were opening the DJI app with no cables connected to the tablet), then that is another clear sign that the USB cable or the USB port on the remote controller is not working.  

You can easily check for a bad USB cable by swapping it with the working one on your primary remote controller.  If you still get the DISCONNECTED message when using a known good USB cable to connect your slave remote controller to a tablet, then the USB port on the slave remote controller has failed.

NOTE: Either the USB port on my slave Inspire remote controller coincidentally failed when I performed the firmware update several months ago or I wonder if MAYBE updating the controller firmware can, in rare instances, cause a USB port failure???
2016-8-2
Use props
juergen
lvl.2
Switzerland

david.p.mann@ea Posted at 2016-8-3 05:37
juergen -

If the tablet is connected to the spare remote controller with a USB cable and the contr ...

Hi David,

I was able to allocate the issue. It is the HDMI Board. I swapped the whole USB and HDMI board combination and got the second controller to work and also to update to the latest firmware. Swapping the USB boards only and leaving the initial HDMI board in place and it did not work. Having just the HDMI board swapped and the problem goes with the HDMI board from one controller to the other.
Where do I get the HDMI board, I did not see it as a spare part in the Store.
2016-8-3
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

juergen@steinbi Posted at 2016-8-3 03:18
Hi David,

I was able to allocate the issue. It is the HDMI Board. I swapped the whole USB and HDM ...

I purchased  one on e bay, I am not sure what you have available in Sweden but the Drone stores in the USA carry them in stock .  ( B & H Photo here in the states have it in stock, I just checked )   also consider Amazon  as well.  I am not sure what is easiest for you in Sweden.

I do know that swedish girls are just beautiful !!  I married a Scottsh Gal and am quite happy, but Always had a  thing for the Swedish gals !!

Make sure you get the proper one for the Inspire 1.  

donnie
2016-8-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

juergen@steinbi Posted at 2016-8-3 16:18
Hi David,

I was able to allocate the issue. It is the HDMI Board. I swapped the whole USB and HDM ...

Good to hear you were able to find the root cause. As Donnie suggested, you can find the part via a dealer. You have the option to contact the Europe Support team for a RMA as well.
2016-8-3
Use props
juergen
lvl.2
Switzerland

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-3 19:08
Good to hear you were able to find the root cause. As Donnie suggested, you can find the part via  ...

Hi Donnie,

I can only find the whole unit and it is for the phantom and does not mention for the Inspire 1. I would only need the HDMI board and not the USB unit.
I did not find it on B&H. Could you send me the link?
I don't know about Swedish girls. Haven't been there yet. But Swiss girls are pretty as well.
Juergen
2016-8-3
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Jersey

juergen@steinbi Posted at 2016-8-3 18:49
Hi Donnie,

I can only find the whole unit and it is for the phantom and does not mention for the  ...

PrettyGirls.jpg
2016-8-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

juergen@steinbi Posted at 2016-8-4 01:49
Hi Donnie,

I can only find the whole unit and it is for the phantom and does not mention for the  ...

You would be able to use the same HDMI Output Module that's used with the Phantom 3 Pro/ Adv and Phantom 4 as well.
2016-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules