PHANTOM 3 PROFESSIONAL GIMBAL PROBLEM
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
C Haranzo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 369026 ft
United States

I have owned a P3P for about 7 months and it has just started having issues with the gimbal. It is sometimes fine but other times it just shakes constantly back and forth. I have tried many different solutions and was wondering if anyone could help me. Thanks.
Video for example:
2016-8-1
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

My guess is that it might be the gimbal shaft is not properly secured to the yaw motor. This is the one at the top of the gimbal. It has a small socket screw securing it to the motor shaft and if it comes loose, this is the effect you get. Have a look at the screw and see if it can be tightened.
2016-8-1
Use props
C Haranzo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 369026 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-8-1 19:35
My guess is that it might be the gimbal shaft is not properly secured to the yaw motor. This is the  ...

How do I get access to the screw?
2016-8-1
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

C Haranzo Posted at 2016-8-2 09:41
How do I get access to the screw?

You rotate the top arm of the gimbal all the way round one way. One one side of the arm is the black flexible ribbon, on the other side you will see a small hole containing the screw. You need a very small Allen key wrench to tighten it.
2016-8-1
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Haranzo, it doesn't hurt to adjust the screw as Geebax says and do a gimbal calibration after this. If it doesn't help, please contact support.us@dji.com or +1 (818) 235 0789 and send it in for repairing.
2016-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules