Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
redoliver
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1698117 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

Dear sirs,

could you please tell the dji x5r bitrate at 1080 p 60 ? I think it is better then at the x5 pro?

Im I right?

What is the x5r 1080p 60 raw bitrate?
2016-8-2
Use props
dupsta
lvl.1

United States

Just going to jump in here and take a stab at this.
I would imagine that 1080p 60fps would be the same datarate and would just record to the SDcard? no need to tweak the compression or data rate with these proxy HD files.

However, I like your questions as your trying to find a high quality HD format kinda out of the box.
So keep this in mind.
You can shoot 2.5k or 4k at the high data rate, than you can encode the files down to HD with a low compression, high quality data rate using a qodec you want to delivery with.
So therefore, you can create high-data rate, HD footage built from your master Raw files.

I think what you would love to see and is more in line with what you are seeking is the option to shoot HD proRes onto the SSD.  That would be a nice option.  Wink wink DJI

2016-8-3
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

dupsta@hotmail. Posted at 2016-8-4 02:13
Just going to jump in here and take a stab at this.
I would imagine that 1080p 60fps would be the s ...

Yes I agree with you on whising the X5R to shoot Hd ProRes on a high bitrate to the SSD.
I have however been told that it is the prosessor in both X5 and X5 R that is not able to produce HD proresfiles to the SSD. The processor is simply not good enough for that. Do you have any thoughts on this ?
2016-8-3
Use props
dupsta
lvl.1

United States

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2016-8-3 13:39
Yes I agree with you on whising the X5R to shoot Hd ProRes on a high bitrate to the SSD.
I have how ...

For the cost of this camera, if it did create HD proRes files, I would be amazed.  Yes proRes is a fabulous algorithm with a great compression but does require some processoring power. Now we are talking about  high end cameras, the Alexa and so on. So sure, wouldn't it be great to get some cool stuff for a low price, yea, I am in.  But I am not going to be expecting to get hooked up with proRes, especially if DJI had to pay to license the codec in their proprietary formats. Something they will not pay to do.
To give you an example, 7mins of 4k raw DNG files, processed on a 3.5ghz iMac 32gigs ram, down-sampled with a one-light grade applied, took 8 hours to render out to an  HD 422 prores files.  
I am cool with it for the price. This little camera is pretty awesome.  So if you want to explore this 4k workflow, have drive space and computer power, the X5R is fun, with a cumbersome workflow. Again no doubt DJI will improve upon this workflow to compete in a wider niche.  But if sitting around processing and transcoding 4k files for a day or so, is not in the cards, Shooting HD with the X5 seems like a solid solution.  Sign me up.
2016-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules