osmo and android mic!?
1363 6 2016-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Samw3dge
New

Australia

There appears to be a consistant problem with the osmo and the dji go app with android devices. Whenever audio is attempted to be recorded, it does NOT record. I have reasearched multiple other forums expressing the same issue and multiple videos online. The mic seems to be working perfectly with apple which is unfortunate. DJI please fix this compatibility issue with your dji go app and the osmo for android devices. Otherwise you will be losing a large percentage of consumers who own android devices.
2016-8-2
Use props
Ianmcg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 181693 ft
Australia

Recorded lots of voice  audio using both the supplied little plug in Mike and a Rode shotgun, whilst using Android. Was blown away by the quality that recorded to the Osmo on board sdcard, even though only mono. Played back through pro speakers, looked at waveforms - all very good quality. Bit perplexed by what you're experiencing, care to elaborate? Whether using Android or ios should be irrelevant to the recording of the sound as far as I can tell.
2016-8-3
Use props
Samw3dge
New

Australia

Ianmcg Posted at 2016-8-3 23:06
Recorded lots of voice  audio using both the supplied little plug in Mike and a Rode shotgun, whilst ...

I tried with the plug in mic and the osmo mic and it would not record the sound. It says the sound is being recorded but it wont play back in editor or on my computer. I assume this may just be a bug in the app but it is very frustrating since all my footage is silent. I have looks at other people forums and it appears that they are experiencing the same issue with there android phones. Any advice in trying to fix it?
2016-8-3
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Samw3dge Posted at 2016-8-4 07:01
I tried with the plug in mic and the osmo mic and it would not record the sound. It says the sound ...

Hi, is it possible that you borrow an iOS device(iPhone/iPad) and try it with Osmo and see if there's sound?

2016-8-4
Use props
Moshe.mmm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1320098 ft
  • >>>
Israel

I experience the exact same issue.
On my android phone (note 3)the files contains only video without audio.
On the sd card everything ok.

Why I need the phone files:
For a quick view on tv after shooting, using the chromecast. The files from sd card are too heavy for the wireless transmission.
2016-8-4
Use props
Samw3dge
New

Australia

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-8-4 18:07
Hi, is it possible that you borrow an iOS device(iPhone/iPad) and try it with Osmo and see if ther ...

I already have, my friend has an ios and an osmo and it works fine.
2016-8-5
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Samw3dge Posted at 2016-8-5 12:57
I already have, my friend has an ios and an osmo and it works fine.

Same here!....Lots of sporadic sound loss when connecting to my Galaxy Note 5.
2016-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules