Olympus 14-44mm zoom lens
1678 3 2016-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
info
New

United Kingdom

Hi.

Probably an old discussions however I want to fit a good zoom lens to my Zenmuse X5 and have been recommended an Olympus 14-44mm lens which is compatible.  However I may have read that the zoom does not operate during filming.  Can anyone clarify this for me please and is there a better lens out there?  Many thanks in advance.
2016-8-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

You are able to use the zoom function when you have a zoom lens installed.
2016-8-3
Use props
bokehlicious_12
lvl.1

United States

That's right, you cannot zoom in or out while you are recording video. I get the quad in the air, zoom in on the subject I want to focus on, and them zoom in using the slider bar in the DJI Go app, then I hit the record button.

It's a great lens and its cheap. You'll like it. Just sucks you cannot zoom in or out during filming.
2016-8-3
Use props
Paul S
lvl.3
Flight distance : 750922 ft
United Kingdom

bokehlicious_12 Posted at 2016-8-3 23:26
That's right, you cannot zoom in or out while you are recording video. I get the quad in the air, zo ...

You can use the zoom before during and after videoing. Also you can hold the c2 button and use the gimbal wheel to zoom. However the zoom really isn't smooth enough for creative video but great for inspections. There can also be some "jello" in video.
The lens approved by DJI (although not for video) is the Olympus 14-42 EZ zoom. A DJI balancing ring is also available.Also until the last update, the lens would not close when you powered down the Inspire. It does now.
2016-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules