Client Experience :4 DOA TB47 Batteries
2001 28 2016-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mrchristopherod
lvl.1
Canada

I posted this in another thread, but I feel that I should share it more directly with the group. IF you are considering a purchase from DJI, you need to be aware of their after sales suport (or lack thereof).
From the other thread:
Good luck guys. I'm in the middle of a 3 WEEK RMA issue. I purchased 5 TB47 batteries and 4 of them were DOA. 10 days ago, I was told I would be sent 4 new batteries and provided a tracking number, I still haven't received that. After speaking with their support numerous times, I'm not getting anywhere. You can't speak to a supervisor because they "don't have access to upper management."

This is literally the worst client experience I've ever seen. I love the DJI product, but their customer service is literally the worst I've experienced.

That's the condensed version of my story. Here are the steps/bullet points that I went through.
  • Received Inspire 1 Pro + 2 Extra TB47 batteries (3 total)
  • All 3 batteries DOA.
  • Called tech support, showed video, photos etc.
  • It was agreed upon that I would purchase 2 new TB47 batteries to avoid having to go through a lengthy RMA process.
  • I would then return my 3 DOA ones, 2 would be refunded, and 1 would be exchanged.
  • Received 2 newly purchased batteries
  • 1 of them was DOA.
  • Total batteries now at 5. 4 DOA.
  • Added another battery to my RMA, but the support reps confused things by starting multiple new RMAs. At one point I literally had 5 RMA for 4 dead batteries. (edited to add that I spent over 15 hours on the phone with support during the week to figure out what was happening. NOT exaggerating.)
  • After a week of back and forth, finally supplied with shipping labels.
  • Go to ship the batteries, UPS declines the package stating that they no loner ship that battery size. (I'm in Canada for reference)
  • Contact DJI to explain. After discussing for over 90 minutes, they say they will send 4 new TB47 replacements and I won't have to send mine back just like they would do for a client that buys TB48's.
  • 10 days ago I receive an email saying that I'd get a tracking number shortly. This is great, I'm excited.
  • 5 days later, no email.
  • I log more info in my RMA ticket asking for someone to contact me.
  • Another 5 days, still no reply and I contact them by phone again.
  • Representative can't get me any info, I can't speak with supervisors because they "don't have access to upper management"
  • 3 weeks since starting ticket, still only 1 of the total 5 batteries I purchased is here and working.

Just be aware that if you're looking to purchases these batteries, you may be in for a nightmare. $5000 spent, terrible service, defective batteries, and you know what DJI offered me as compensation? a $20 DJI CREDIT. Are you kidding me?

I just want what I paid for, and I think my only recourse at this point may be a chargeback with my Credit Card company. Of course, this still hurts me as a customer because I would still need to order new batteries and cross my fingers that they work. Sounds like lose/lose to me.

2016-8-3
Use props
Insieme Agency
lvl.2
Flight distance : 420449 ft
Hungary

I had a same problem with the customer service.
My first Inspire 1Pro had 3 problems and the DJI didn't sad a word for 2 month. I was like: WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?! I spent a lot of money and they doesn't care about it?

But than I get a new one, so everything was cool, but I lose a lot of money(job) because of the "time" !

I had a TB47 battery with the same problem!
2016-8-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I have asked for your RMA number on that other thread. If you can supply this at your earliest convenience, I can follow up for you.
2016-8-3
Use props
mrchristopherod
lvl.1
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-3 14:19
I have asked for your RMA number on that other thread. If you can supply this at your earliest conve ...

The ticket number: 322160
2016-8-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Thank you for supplying this information. I do understand that this has been a lengthy process for you, and I will work with the appropriate department in order to provide a better status update for you.
2016-8-3
Use props
mrchristopherod
lvl.1
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-3 16:54
Thank you for supplying this information. I do understand that this has been a lengthy process for ...

Ok, let me know...
2016-8-4
Use props
mrchristopherod
lvl.1
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-3 16:54
Thank you for supplying this information. I do understand that this has been a lengthy process for ...

Any updates that you've seen Jamie?
2016-8-5
Use props
Mike9129
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

I know the feeling.

I was lucky when I bought my inspire, It shipped with the 1 TB47 and I bought 2 extra TB48's.
just like you, the TB47 never worked, so I just used the TB48's for a month before I did anything about the TB47.

they did exchange the battery without much hassle (EU service department, I'm in Ireland myself) as well as a second controller id gotten which was also DOA.

just a word of advice tho, if the option is available to you, don't bother with the TB47's, get TB48's if you can at all. the battery life is a few minutes better with
the inspire 1 PRO, and it makes it feel just long enough that you can get something done with it. ive always found that I feel I have to land nearly right after taking off
when I use the 1 TB47 I have.

so in future, get TB48's instead of TB47's.
2016-8-5
Use props
Inspire6375
New

United Kingdom

We have had a really bad experience with DJI, and with an almost identical issue. I'm new to the forums (first and last time buyer....!) but tried to post a new thread (I can't see it anywhere so I'll just post it here too... I hope you don't mind mrchristopherod... )

""RE: none shipment of TB47 replacement batteries after 4 faulty batteries were sent to us.

On the 10th June 2016 we ordered 4 DJI TB47 batteries in black, along with a DJI Inspire Pro Black Edition and a few other accessories.

When we received the order we noticed that all 4 of the batteries didn't seem to be working. We tried everything and eventually had to accept that they were all faulty.

We contacted DJI and then made a video of all 4 batteries failing to power up, and sent this to DJI with an emailed form they had requested. They sent us a ticket 2 days later to return the batteries to them via UPS and said that we could expect a replacement within 2 weeks. This was on the 22nd June.

2 weeks later we had not heard from DJI, so sent a chaser email and received this reply:

"We did receive your batteries, unfortunately lack of stock and my illness I was unable to send them straight away.

Tomorrow I will be able to send the new batteries!

Thank you"

A week later we still had not heard anything from DJI or received our batteries so we emailed again informing them that the batteries had not come and asked for a tracking number... and again the next day. The next day we had another email:

"That is correct, we do not have the black TB47's.

I am trying to swap them for Black TB48's.

Thank you."

We have emailed several times asking why the batteries have been delayed so long and whether we can expect delivery anytime soon. We had this email on the 25th July and then nothing until the 5th August when we had to email again, even though they had said they would get back to us.

"Hello,

I will check with Logistics & get back to you.

Thanks for choosing DJI."

Today we eventually asked for a refund so that we can buy the batteries we need from our local supplier and actually use our drone. This is the email we got back:

"Hello,

We have no idea when China will ship us new stock.
Unfortunately refunds are only possible within 7 days of purchase.
Please bear with us.

Thanks for choosing DJI."

Still nothing on why the batteries are not being shipped from China, despite me asking this question in almost every email I have sent. And I am held to ransom because they won't process a refund. Obviously, I would have asked for a refund in the first place if they had told me it was going to be so long, but they told me it would be two weeks.

Does anyone have any information about why the black TB47's are not being shipped (they seem to be available on the DJI store and have been throughout)? Also is there any way to get a refund from DJI so we can actually buy some batteries and use our drone.

Any information or help would be very much appreciated.""
2016-8-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

mrchristopherod Posted at 2016-8-5 07:06
Any updates that you've seen Jamie?

I'm awaiting for further information myself. I'll let you know what I'm able to find.
2016-8-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Inspire6375 Posted at 2016-8-5 15:17
We have had a really bad experience with DJI, and with an almost identical issue. I'm new to the for ...

I'm sorry to hear of this negative experience. Could I get the ticket number for this correspondence? To clarify, did you purchase from the DJI Website or from a dealer?
2016-8-5
Use props
Inspire6375
New

United Kingdom

Hi Jamie,

I have two ticket numbers and the latest emails do not have any numbers attached. The numbers I have from a couple of months ago are #234884 #227513.

I also get emails from 3 different email addresses: support.europe@dji.zendesk.com support.eu@dji.com and support@dji.com but they always seem to be from the same two people.

We bought directly from the DJI website.

2016-8-6
Use props
mrchristopherod
lvl.1
Canada

Inspire6375 Posted at 2016-8-6 05:19
Hi Jamie,

I have two ticket numbers and the latest emails do not have any numbers attached. The nu ...

Yea man. There is something seriously sketchy going on. I think I'm going to contact my credit card company to see about issuing a charge back.

This it borderline fraud at this point. Two weeks ago I was told I would get a tracking number for the 4 replacement batteries and I still have nothing.

Of interesting note, my forum title was modified without my doing. It was originally something like "horrible client experience" and the modified it to just say client experience.

I just can't believe the amount of time it's taken and how DJI thinks this is at all reasonable.

There is a clear problem with their batteries too, but no communication or statement from DJI.

THERE IS A MASSIVE DISCONNECT SOMEWHERE DJI. PLEASE DONT LEAVE YOUR CLIENTS IN THESE POSITIONS.
2016-8-7
Use props
mrchristopherod
lvl.1
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-5 21:44
I'm sorry to hear of this negative experience. Could I get the ticket number for this corresponden ...

Hi Jamie, any updates on how this can be resolved? I'm going on over a month now without a resolution. Original purchase of the drone was July 4th.

Who can I contact to resolve this? The emails, forum posts, and telephone calls haven't helped.
2016-8-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

mrchristopherod Posted at 2016-8-9 04:39
Hi Jamie, any updates on how this can be resolved? I'm going on over a month now without a resolut ...

From what I was able to find out, there has been a major stock issue with black TB47 and TB48 batteries. In order to rectify this, you will be receiving a coupon code for replacement batteries soon. Because this is being generated by the Online Store team, it may take a bit to receive the code due to the time difference.
2016-8-8
Use props
mrchristopherod
lvl.1
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-8 18:20
From what I was able to find out, there has been a major stock issue with black TB47 and TB48 batt ...

Thanks, I received the code today but I'm worried about getting another batch of dead TB47's. Who could I contact about getting the code converted to DJI credit so I could purchase TB48's instead?
2016-8-8
Use props
Inspire6375
New

United Kingdom

We have now bought batteries from our local supplier and we won't be buying direct from DJI again after this. We really just want our money back at this point. DJI have said they won't give a refund because it has been over seven days since we ordered, but since the order has not been fulfilled I don't see how they can justify this. It's been over 2 months since we ordered.

Like the OP we don't need a coupon code for TB47's. As I said, we have bought the batteries we need now from our local supplier and will do so in future as we can check that they work before we buy. We just want a refund for the item that we purchased and which DJI are unable to supply. On top of this the TB47 batteries are showing as 'in stock' on the DJI store, so even if I did want the batteries (which I don't), I would be in the same postion I am in now (ie I would order batteries which DJI could not supply).

I agree with mrchristopherod on this - DJI really need to sort out their customer service. It is, without doubt, the worst I have experienced online and if I could go back in time a couple of months I would have chosen to buy my system from a competitor company.

Thank you for the post mrchristopherod and being cool about the mini-hijack. Honestly, this is the furthest I've got in knowing what is going on, after 2 months of emails, so I'm very grateful.  

2016-8-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

mrchristopherod Posted at 2016-8-9 13:13
Thanks, I received the code today but I'm worried about getting another batch of dead TB47's. Who  ...

The best department to talk to would be the Online Store team at onlinesales@dji.com.
2016-8-9
Use props
mrchristopherod
lvl.1
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-9 11:42
The best department to talk to would be the Online Store team at .

Ok, I've sent them an email. Is there a phone number I could call to reach that group?
2016-8-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Inspire6375 Posted at 2016-8-9 18:02
We have now bought batteries from our local supplier and we won't be buying direct from DJI again af ...

I have provided your information to the appropriate team in order to get a better idea as to what is going on.  It may take some time due to being from different regions. I do understand your frustration do to the excessive time frame you incurred, and will help to provide some sort of positive resolution for you.
2016-8-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

mrchristopherod Posted at 2016-8-9 23:51
Ok, I've sent them an email. Is there a phone number I could call to reach that group?

They do not have a direct phone number. The only phone number we have is for Headquarters in general at
+86 0755 26656677, but it is not a free number for international calls.
2016-8-9
Use props
si.alexander
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I bought a Brand new Inspire 1 pro with 2 extra TB48 batteries and all three were DOA !  The drone was delivered 4 weeks ago and I have only just got replacements sent out from DJI !  There is definitely a bad batch of inspire batteries going around..
2016-8-9
Use props
Inspire6375
New

United Kingdom

Hi si.alexander. 4 weeks seems to be a pretty good turn around for DJI :-)

I just can't believe that they are refusing to issue a refund now that I have requested one. I have now made a chargeback claim, and got a message back asking if they could send me out white TB47s instead of the black ones ordered, and despite me explaining that I have now ordered the batteries I need from a local supplier.  

mrchristopherod, I wouldn't bother with trying to email them if my experience is anything to go by - you may as well just go and repeatedly bash your head against a wall... but maybe the US customer service is better than the European one (when I emailed headquarters they jsut bounced the email back to the European office). There is a number on the DJI site for the US Headquarters - +1 (818) 235 0789 but you've probably already got that.
2016-8-10
Use props
david
lvl.1

United States

I just purchased 2 new TB48s from an authorized dealer (B&H).. hope they work but B&H Photo will take them back.  I'll be sure not to buy any batteries directly as it seems they seriously drag their feet... good luck to you guys!
2016-8-10
Use props
Inspire6375
New

United Kingdom

david@eminitrad Posted at 2016-8-10 20:31
I just purchased 2 new TB48s from an authorized dealer (B&H).. hope they work but B&H Photo will tak ...

Hi David. I'm sure they will work if they are from a dealer - most dealers check them before sending them out. It's definitely a good idea to buy them through a local supplier. There is no way I'll buy direct from DJI again.
2016-8-11
Use props
david
lvl.1

United States

Inspire6375 Posted at 2016-8-11 20:44
Hi David. I'm sure they will work if they are from a dealer - most dealers check them before sendi ...

Yeah its sad that we cant buy from a manufacturer direct but when you get better customer service from an authorized what else would they expect...
2016-8-11
Use props
mrchristopherod
lvl.1
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-9 12:03
They do not have a direct phone number. The only phone number we have is for Headquarters in gener ...

Hi Jamie, they eventually issued me a coupon code for TB47s but...they issued them for the wrong color...so here I am, two months in and I still only have 1 of the 5 batteries I paid for.

At this point, what are my options for a full refund on everything? This is beyond the worst client experience I've ever had.

I just called headquarters as you mentioned and she directed me to sales@dji.com...another email. Any insights on this? Obviously I'm outside of any typical return/refund window, but can you escalate this and help me out with this?
2016-8-28
Use props
mrchristopherod
lvl.1
Canada

mrchristopherod Posted at 2016-8-28 22:32
Hi Jamie, they eventually issued me a coupon code for TB47s but...they issued them for the wrong c ...

Contacted both onlinesales@dji.com and sales@dji.com both directed me to one another. Emailed support, no reply for 3 days...I'm actually flabbergasted at how people get anything resolved with DJI.

Not to mention they've changed the title of my post from "Terrible Client Experience..." to "Client Experience..."

2016-9-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

mrchristopherod Posted at 2016-9-2 01:46
Contacted both  and  both directed me to one another. Emailed support, no reply for 3 days...I'm a ...

I do apologize for the late response. You should have received an email correcting the coupon issue recently. Given the time frame that has gone by, a refund option would be unlikely. I'm sorry for the experience you received, the revised code will at least allow for you to be fully up and running with the total items you paid for.
2016-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules