Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
M600 Crash
2967 9 2016-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ulrico
New

South Africa

Hi all,

Had a pretty depressing day today watching our new M600 crash by itself on its first test:

All calibration done, 14 satellites, GPS on lock, green lights all over. Telementry confirms no input from controller at time of tipping/revving from idle motor state. Double and triple checked that the factory prop CW/CCW orientations were correct.

Does anyone have ANY idea what we did wrong? Is this a hardware/software fault? I have emailed support@dji.com although feeling pretty crushed as it was a MISSION getting this drone in the first place, just in time for a virtual reality shoot in another country we're leaving for tomorrow... looks very unlikely to get replacement props mainly because DJI still do not seem to sell replacement props for this drone?!!?

What made this thing lurch forward?

Best
Ulrico
Deep VR

2016-8-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you please sync your flight record from the DJI Go app, so that we can try to review what could have happened?
2016-8-3
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

hi,
I can say they do sell replacement props, took a while to find them though.Heres the link, they took three days to get to france from China, expensive though £50 a set.  http://store.dji.com/product/217 ... om=related_products
hope it helps

r
2016-8-3
Use props
ulrico
New

South Africa

Hi Jamie

Thanks for the reply. I've synched the records and also uploaded the CSV here: http://www.deepvr.co.za/M600flightrecord.csv

Thanks for the link ricci - I stand corrected on availability. I have a colleague in the US (Texas) right now who flies out to meet me in Kenya on Friday afternoon. Trying to find a way to get him these props so we can hopefully still use the craft.

Looking forward to responses/advice as to what went wrong.

2016-8-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

ulrico@deepvr.c Posted at 2016-8-4 13:56
Hi Jamie

Thanks for the reply. I've synched the records and also uploaded the CSV here: http://www. ...

Unfortunately I'm unable to use the CSV file, however, could you please provide your DJI Account email and the date this incident occurred to review the flight data from the GO app?
2016-8-4
Use props
GuyNamedLindsey
lvl.2

United States

I would never have continue to lift with the way it was struggling at first.
2016-9-14
Use props
emasongsong
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49 ft

United States

Curious if you were able to make your shoot or not...  Assume you checked center of gravity in all axes, if there's no camera or ballast maybe it wasn't balanced?  Easy to overlook this with all the excitement, but if you did balance then that's a shame it still has bugs for such an elite piece of machinery...
2016-9-15
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

The behaviour make me think of propeller(s) spinning wrong direction ..........
2016-9-15
Use props
david.visagie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 158251 ft
South Africa

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2016-9-15 22:31
The behaviour make me think of propeller(s) spinning wrong direction ..........

I second that, right from the start you could see there was a problem
2016-9-16
Use props
yousef.asa.hasa
New

Kuwait

I think if you look at the video, the propeller on the top right is spinning in a different direction than all the others or is it how it's supposed to be?
2016-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules