Gimbal horizon issues after latest update
927 6 2016-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
anthonytori
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I've never had gimbal issues until the latest update. I've tried to calibrate everything a few times, but still getting issues. All the video I've been doing lately isn't usable because of this.
gimbal-example.jpg
2016-8-3
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Anthony, what kind of drone do you use? Have you tried to calibrate the IMU as well?
2016-8-4
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha anthony,

Are you flying a P3 or P4?  My P3Pro has a problem with the gimbal calibration so I calibrate my gimbal first and the result is way worse than yours.  Then I calibrate my IMU and suddenly the horizon is level.  Give it a try.  (Be sure your platform is level by using a level!)  Maybe it will provide a clue to the problem.  Also, during rotations and PANs the wind can cause a tilt, so observe the wind conditions as you deal with this issue.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-8-4
Use props
anthonytori
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-4 16:10
Hello Anthony, what kind of drone do you use? Have you tried to calibrate the IMU as well?

I'm flying the P4. I've calibrated everything a few times now.  
2016-8-4
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

anthonytori Posted at 2016-8-4 23:11
I'm flying the P4. I've calibrated everything a few times now.

I'd suggest you to contact our US service center and send it in for diagnosis if this issue persists after calibration. DJI US.JPG
2016-8-4
Use props
anthonytori
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-5 11:10
I'd suggest you to contact our US service center and send it in for diagnosis if this issue persist ...

How long does this process take? I have jobs lined up and can't really afford to wait weeks on this.
2016-8-5
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

anthonytori Posted at 2016-8-5 23:41
How long does this process take? I have jobs lined up and can't really afford to wait weeks on thi ...

Normally the turn-around time is about 2 weeks.
2016-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules