1669 13 2016-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

After a mere 16 charges one of my TB47 batteries demanded deep discharge, showing red warning sign and frightening message on Go app status page. Unfortunately after two attempts (full discharge to 3.3V per cell with auto self shut-off, followed by full charge) the warning stubbornly stays on. The cells appears properly and evenly charged to a specified capacity. The history page, however, doesn't display battery serial #, rather a row of zeroes instead ... I don't feel like I want to dance with the devil and fly my bird on this batt ...
Any suggestions will be appreciated ...
2016-8-3
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Matt, I'd suggest you to charge and discharge the battery thoroughly again.Don't break the process of fully discharging.  If this warning still prompts up after fully charging and discharging 3 times, it is recommended to contact our service center and send it in for diagnosis. For the SN in the history page, it doesn't influence the normal operation of the drone.Don't worry about that.
2016-8-4
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

I wouldn't risk the investment you have in the bird.
If the serial number is not displaying, I would think the battery is not being properly recognized / evaluated / monitored / charged.
Too much at stake.
There seems to be a common denominator with a rash of battery issues lately.
Perhaps a FW bug, or a manufacturing defect.
2016-8-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Please try Paladin's advice and let us know how if the issue persists.
2016-8-4
Use props
Rinzler
lvl.3

United States

I take it you are using your bulb method from your videos?
2016-8-4
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

dob

I had this happen and would recommend you try discharging your battery again. Actually the battery cell voltage does not get to 3.3v per cell, you can run the battery capacity all the to 0% and the cell voltage is about 3.5 volts per cell. For some reason the intelligent battery circuit wants the battery lower for some batteries and the 5-7% is not enough to turn off the warning.

Please fly your inspire down to 10% (keeping it in a hover next to the ground and turn off RTH if it activates) then leave the inspire connected and turned on, play with the flight similar if you want.... just keep it going until the battery gets to 2% or 0% (when the battery powers off). This will reset the circuit and the warning will go off. This worked for me on 2 batteries now.  I posted some screen shots on another thread (cant find it right now).

Hope this helps you

Rich
2016-8-4
Use props
dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Rinzler Posted at 2016-8-5 02:55
I take it you are using your bulb method from your videos?

Not me ... And that's the problem since I don't have any discharging device here, in the middle of nowhere, on my houseboat ... Full discharge to a 3.3V per cell is a pain in the @ss with battery on and bird alive until it dies by itself ... For now I decided to leave the battery alone 50% charged until I get Angel battery managing device and try to re-vitalize it somehow later ...
http://phantomangel.rocks/
2016-8-4
Use props
Rinzler
lvl.3

United States

dobmatt Posted at 2016-8-4 17:27
Not me ... And that's the problem since I don't have any discharging device here, in the middle of ...

You know. I wonder if you could just take a normal lipo charger and set the discharge voltage and run it to 3.0 that way. Wouldnt really need the balance lead as you can set the amp draw on the charger it self
2016-8-4
Use props
dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-8-5 05:21
dob

I had this happen and would recommend you try discharging your battery again. Actually the batt ...

Rich, I did exactly what you recommend twice, no luck. The warning comes back after fully recharged battery rests for a few hours. Actually this battery shuts off when one cell reach 3.28V, while the other may exhibit 3.30 or 3.31V. Fully charged shows +/- 0.01V discrepancies on each cell, but this is acceptable, I think.

Well, I'll try again ... Thank you for your spiritual support in this difficult moment of my life with DJI
2016-8-4
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

dobmatt Posted at 2016-8-4 20:03
Rich, I did exactly what you recommend twice, no luck. The warning comes back after fully recharge ...

Hey buddy, no problem and I know it is not your first rodeo    I hope they change the battery firmware to correct this in the future.  I hope you can get it going again because it sounds pretty normal other than your warning messages.   Although the cell voltage readings are lower than what I was seeing on my batteries.

PS: I sent my Inspire into the Shop for repairs. Been having an issue with the video downlink and the video files on the camera SD chip were also getting corrupted ....  DJI support has been great so far and just waiting for my turn in the repair queue

Rich
2016-8-4
Use props
Rinzler
lvl.3

United States

dobmatt Posted at 2016-8-4 23:03
Rich, I did exactly what you recommend twice, no luck. The warning comes back after fully recharge ...

Fully charged will show close to equal because of the internal balancer. .03 is border line as .04 is max for cell difference. If you get a chance to fly that pack over land and in LOS. Look at the DJI go app and keep the battery window up that shows each cell in real time. I am interested to see what your cell voltage is while flying on each.
2016-8-5
Use props
dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Rinzler Posted at 2016-8-5 22:00
Fully charged will show close to equal because of the internal balancer. .03 is border line as .04 ...

Rinzler, apparently 3rd attempt to calibrate this stubborn TB47 did the job. The warning message disappeared, battery seems to be at full capacity and cells voltage equalized to within .01V. I performed this silly low hovering to discharge, observing cells voltage ... I removed the X5 gimbal just in case and that was a mistake: at 10% Inspire was forced to land and to dissipate the remaining power down to 3.3V/cell without camera load took 3 agonizing hours!
Anyway, at the beginning of "discharge by hovering" the cells voltage was a bit too off to my taste, displaying .06V difference between the lowest and the highest bar. The differencies start to dissappear pretty fast, however, showing more equal voltage per cell at approx. 75% capacity. At 10% Lady Voice announced Critically Low Battery and the bird was forced to land. At 5% green bars dropped abruptly from +/- 3.71V to a red very bottom, Lady Voice warned again about CLB, and green bars appeared again at 3.71V. Interestingly the Lady was silent during two previous deep discharging procedures. This time she was very active with CLB warnings every time the capacity dropped by 1% and later several times randomly during discharge below 0%. At 3.50V the bars were changing color from yellow to red, showing approx. .05V differencies across. The battery shut off with 3.20V on first cell and 3.32 on second as the lowest and the highest value.
I hope the Angel battery managing devices will arrive soon before I'll go nuts calibrating other batts ...
2016-8-6
Use props
Rinzler
lvl.3

United States

dobmatt Posted at 2016-8-6 16:14
Rinzler, apparently 3rd attempt to calibrate this stubborn TB47 did the job. The warning message d ...

Interesting about the cell voltage diff. Seems you have it back in line thou. Just wondering but what is the age of that pack?
2016-8-6
Use props
dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Rinzler Posted at 2016-8-7 05:06
Interesting about the cell voltage diff. Seems you have it back in line thou. Just wondering but w ...

The battery is relatively young, purchased with my bird Nov 2015 and charged a mere 22 times (including latest attempt to calibrate. The History page states 2 instances of Low Battery Protection at the beginning of it's life, however ... When exactly I've no idea ...
2016-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules