S1000 Premium Frame Arm Power connectors to PDU
1144 3 2016-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
damiangarcia
New

United Kingdom

Hi,

I am building a S1000 Premium and I have a question regarding connecting the power cable connectors from the frame arms into the PDU.   Try what I may, I cannot get the connectors to attach securely into the sockets on the PDU.

The manual and online Wiki is somewhat vague in how the conector pins need to be configured (http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php ... Mounting_Frame_Arms).

Attached is how the pins are currently look.  Are these correct or do I need to pull the small pieces of gold connectors to the side of the pin out so that they are straight?

Any help would be appreciated as I do not want to straightening pins unceccesarily for fear of damaging them.

Regards,

Damian

Side on view of frame arm power pin

Side on view of frame arm power pin

Head on view of frame arm power pin

Head on view of frame arm power pin
2016-8-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, are you saying that they don't push in easily or is it a loose fit?
2016-8-4
Use props
damiangarcia
New

United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-4 23:10
Just to clarify, are you saying that they don't push in easily or is it a loose fit?

They would not push in easily and I did not want to force them.  However, since posting this question on the forum, I have seen a video on Youtube where the presenter shows applying a small amount of force in order to get the pins into the PDU.  I have followed this example and am pleased to say that all of the plugs are now secured to the PDU and the heat wraps applied.

Come to think of it, it makes sense for the plugs to be a tight fit, as if they were easy to fit/loose, they would come out during flight.
2016-8-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

damiangarcia Posted at 2016-8-9 04:20
They would not push in easily and I did not want to force them.  However, since posting this quest ...

Exactly, they are supposed to be a tight fit. I'm glad to hear you're on your way to getting up and running.
2016-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules