Battery Firmware
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bryn1
lvl.2

Hi all, I am currently running on firmware 1.8 in the aircraft and do not wish at this point to upgrade, however I have just purchased a new battery and would like to ensure that it's firmware matches my other batteries.

I tried to find the info on the DJI website but could not locate it so my questions:

Which firmware would I need to load onto my SD card to enable me to update/ensure the same firmware gets loaded onto the new battery as is on my other batteries without having to update the aircraft as I am happy running the aircraft on 1.8 and do not want to go to 1.9 yet

I know that not all firmware releases include an update for the battery so which was the last firmware revision that also included a battery update? was it 1.7?

Hope my ramblings make sense?

Bryn.
2016-8-4
Use props
robtaylor28
New

United Kingdom

you will have to read the notes for all updates from the update your using and b4 to see which has the last battery update. the latest update is only for no fly zones and batteries so you could just update all either
2016-8-4
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Bryn, when a battery needs an update, you'll see a notification in the app saying " battery needs to be upgraded" in Overall status. And It is recommended to keep all the firmware up to date to ensure the user experience. If your drone is 1.8 fw and you don't want to update to 1.9, you can extract the 1.8 bin file to the card and give it a try.
2016-8-4
Use props
PoppaHotel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39600 ft
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-4 21:54
Hello Bryn, when a battery needs an update, you'll see a notification in the app saying " battery needs to be upgraded" in Overall status. And It is recommended to keep all the firmware up to date to ensure the user experience. If your drone is 1.8 fw and you don't want to update to 1.9, you can extract the 1.8 bin file to the card and give it a try.

How do I upgrade firmware in spare batteries?  Documentation please.
2016-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules