What Samsung Tablets are Supported
12Next >
6914 42 2015-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dennis.aerialpe
lvl.3
United States

Like many of you I bought an Ipad before DJI dropped support of them w3hat tablets are you guys using out there ?

2015-1-27
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have been using a nexus 9 on android but have been hearing the nvidia shield is about the best you can get on android. Have one showing up today. Going to see how close it compares to both my air 2 and nexus 9.
2015-1-27
Use props
dennis.aerialpe
lvl.3
United States

Blade_Strike Posted at 2015-1-27 22:10
Have been using a nexus 9 on android but have been hearing the nvidia shield is about the best you c ...

Thanks Blad, I just looked it up much better resolution then Samsung tablets.  I guess its back to costco today to return my Ipad Air.
2015-1-27
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dennis.aerialpe Posted at 2015-1-27 22:14
Thanks Blad, I just looked it up much better resolution then Samsung tablets.  I guess its back to ...

I'm still keeping my Air. DJI is still developing for iOS, I haven't lost hope yet
2015-1-27
Use props
dennis.aerialpe
lvl.3
United States

Blade_Strike Posted at 2015-1-27 22:17
I'm still keeping my Air. DJI is still developing for iOS, I haven't lost hope yet

I see you everywhere on these forums you are obviously very knowledgeable.  I have  flown a phantom 2 for about a year now so I am not a rookie.  But based on a lot of what I have read in forum I am terrified about my first with this inspire.  I just got it yesterday and will wait for my prop locks before flight.  Any words of advice for me on my initial setup?
2015-1-27
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Make sure you check out the mod values and do not try auto take off for your first flight. She will be a lot easier to control than you p2 Just like any of my new birds, they get 2-3 batteries just in a hover. This allows for the batteries to break in and also allows you to see if there are any mechanical issues.
2015-1-27
Use props
dennis.aerialpe
lvl.3
United States

Blade_Strike Posted at 2015-1-27 22:31
Make sure you check out the mod values and do not try auto take off for your first flight. She will  ...

Thanks again Blade !!
2015-1-27
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

No problem man.. Good luck and Happy Landings
2015-1-27
Use props
dennis.aerialpe
lvl.3
United States

I don't suppose there is anywhere to down load a bootleg copy of the IOS pilot app is there?
2015-1-27
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

Hello, guys. Yes, I was bummed when I learned that Apple was dragging their feet in approving the Pilot app. Now looking for alternative.

I read elsewhere that the Samsung 5s Galaxy had a some lag that was not suitable for flight use. Has anyone here heard or had such an experience?
2015-1-27
Use props
Roastie
lvl.2

France

I read elsewhere that the Samsung 5s Galaxy had a some lag that was not suitable for flight use

Where did you hear that please?

Roastie
2015-1-27
Use props
mlglisson.hotma
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

I picked up a Galaxy tab 4 8"
2015-1-27
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

you might not have that great of experience with that tablet man.
2015-1-27
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

Roastie Posted at 2015-1-28 00:56

Roastie

First heard about it on helipal.com. Then it seems I read another mention of it in this forum, but I'd hard pressed to supply the thread, I've so many this morning.

Are you using the Samsung 5s?
2015-1-27
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
Flight distance : 729560 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Galaxy Tab S 8.4" works very well.
2015-1-27
Use props
Roastie
lvl.2

France

I intend to once my aircraft arrives.  That's all I have without shelling out more money.  
I'll have a google around and see if it was an isolated incident or a wider issue, but that's the first time I've heard that there are problems with the S5.

Roastie
2015-1-27
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

5s, actually runs the app pretty well considering.. Same with the Note 4, but screen size becomes an issue. I was ok with the Nexus 9 performance but I have heard the Shield blows it away. I will soon know once I get off work.
2015-1-27
Use props
michaelzyh
lvl.1
Canada

Just google and download a DJI Pilot for iPad 0.9.2.  Although it was not officially supported by DJI and Apple, it came to the "underground".  But this version of software works just fine for me.  I'm very happy with it!
2015-1-27
Use props
dandmpetro.gmai
New
Flight distance : 21253 ft
United States

I have A Galaxy S 8"  Same as a note 4 only bigger Glad to know it will work ok
2015-1-28
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

Roastie Posted at 2015-1-28 00:56

Roastie

On my first flight this morning, there appeared to be some lag and skipping of frames on my Samsung Galaxy S5. Waiting to hear that Apple has cleared the Pilot app.
2015-1-29
Use props
ghoonk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

InspiredOne Posted at 2015-1-29 23:19
On my first flight this morning, there appeared to be some lag and skipping of frames on my Samsun ...

If it's any consolation, the Galaxy Tab S 8.4 lags terribly as well. I'm MUCH better off with 0.9.2 on the iPad mini 3
2015-1-30
Use props
pidetectives.ya
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Galaxy Tab  8.4" works very well just not good in the sun other wise no issues.
2015-1-30
Use props
Embelish
lvl.2

United States

I purchased the Nexus 9 from Best Buy.. lagged. I returned it within the 15-day window and exchanged it for the Galaxy Tab S.. lagged (although the Galaxey screen was excellent in the sun). I then did some research because I was sick of that game and went with the Dell Venue 7000 over the Nvidia Shield. It works many times better! Video is smooth and blows the other tabs out of the water.
2015-1-30
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Embelish Posted at 2015-1-31 07:15
I purchased the Nexus 9 from Best Buy.. lagged. I returned it within the 15-day window and exchanged ...

You should have saw some reviews.. The Shield beat the Venue, fyi
2015-1-30
Use props
dennis.aerialpe
lvl.3
United States

I have a Galaxy Tab S 8.4 that works fine no lag.
2015-1-30
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Lag, dropped frames, call it what you will.
2015-1-30
Use props
jorukavi1
lvl.2
Croatia

SAMSUNG P605 LTE working.  Samsung s5 working.
2015-1-31
Use props
dennis.aerialpe
lvl.3
United States

Blade_Strike Posted at 2015-1-31 08:43
Lag, dropped frames, call it what you will.

Not dropping frames either.  There are 2 versions of this tablet. The Samsung Galaxy Tab S and the Tab S 8.4.  8.4 has double the processor power.  Maybe this has something to do with it I am just guessing dont know for sure but I know my 8.4  works good.  Sadly I can only dream of using my Ipad Air............
2015-1-31
Use props
Embelish
lvl.2

United States

Blade_Strike Posted at 2015-1-31 07:49
You should have saw some reviews.. The Shield beat the Venue, fyi

I reread my post. I didn't communicate well. I was referring to the Venue blowing the Nexus and Samsung out of the water, not Nvidia Shield.

Thx Blade_Strike for all your comments across the forums, I've gleamed a lot from them!
2015-2-2
Use props
jorukavi1
lvl.2
Croatia

Samsung mega 6.3 not working
2015-2-3
Use props
Airosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

mlglisson.hotma Posted at 2015-1-28 01:00

I can't get it passed the USB debugging.
What did you do?
2015-2-6
Use props
lucaoms
lvl.3
Flight distance : 599049 ft
  • >>>
Italy

mlglisson.hotma Posted at 2015-1-28 01:00

Confirm Tab 4  8" it's perfect size and usable
I use this
by
2015-2-6
Use props
lucaoms
lvl.3
Flight distance : 599049 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Airosa Posted at 2015-2-6 19:58
I can't get it passed the USB debugging.
What did you do?

Yes you need enable usb-debugging

Click Menu button to enter into App drawer.
Go to "Settings".
Scroll down to the bottom and tap "About phone" or "About tablet",
Scroll down to the bottom of the "About phone" and locate the "Build Number" field.
How to enable usb debugging mode on android 4.2.x and higher?

Tap the Build number field seven times to enable Developer Options. Tap a few times and you'll see a countdown that reads "You are now 3 steps away from being a developer."
When you are done, you'll see the message "You are now a developer!".
Tap the Back button and you'll see the Developer options menu under System on your Settings screen.
Now, you can enable USB Debugging mode.

Go to Settings>Developer Options>USB Debugging. Tap the USB Debugging checkbox.
By
2015-2-6
Use props
DaVePI
lvl.2

United States

Works great on my galaxy tab pro.
2015-2-6
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11286 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have an older (2013) Note 8 and a new Note 10 (2014). I hope either of those works.
I am hoping more for the Note 8 since its smaller and lightler
2015-2-6
Use props
lewislozano
New

United States

THE Nvidia shield works the best so far because it a gaming tablet, processing is fast. I used a samsung 4 and samsung note and s 8.4 they work ok to start out, but once you get going and flying good distance. clear video and screen size really do the best.
i'm wondering if anyone has used ACER and there experience with it.
2015-2-6
Use props
jak00
lvl.2
Flight distance : 93907 ft
United States

lewislozano Posted at 2015-2-7 00:46
THE Nvidia shield works the best so far because it a gaming tablet, processing is fast. I used a sam ...

I have been using my good old SIII and have had no problems at all, as we know just to small a screen though.
2015-2-8
Use props
jak00
lvl.2
Flight distance : 93907 ft
United States

lewislozano Posted at 2015-2-7 00:46
THE Nvidia shield works the best so far because it a gaming tablet, processing is fast. I used a sam ...

I have been using my good old SIII and have had no problems at all, as we know just to small a screen though.
2015-2-8
Use props
texaztwister
lvl.1

United States

lucaoms Posted at 2015-2-6 21:52
Yes you need enable usb-debugging

Click Menu button to enter into App drawer.

I got a Samsung tab4 .7" for my DJI P2V+ went through all the steps recommended got results from all prompts , however the security on the tab prevailed and would not allow the DJI app to function . over the course of  frustration , I found a workable solution , the ASUS PadFone mini , the phone converts into a tab .

I was nervous about it  , pulled the trigger , I got a larger screen and the PadFone works  that's all I wanted , Something that works  !  
2015-3-17
Use props
Wildcat Willie
lvl.3

Canada

I am using two Nvidia GB Shield tablets...They came with Android 5 upgrades right away.  Its a gamers tablet and has lots of processing power.  Very good video streaming and I can run 4k video.  I am also able to record or take pics of the screen so I can get all the telemetry readings and review if I have any issues...So I use one tablet to record the telemetry and the second to record for a second backup for the I1 camera. The customer support is awesome and there people actually know what they are talking about, which is a nice surprise by comparison with DJI.  Sorry about that DJI ...But my experiences dealing with your on line support have been anything but stellar. On the down side it is a power hog and you really need to watch the battery levels before flying...
2015-3-18
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules