Tuning Stand
1469 3 2015-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wjh
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I've been having issues with my Tuning Stand, over the months one of the arms began to loose its strength and sometimes unbuckles which throws my entire rig onto the floor (unless I'm there to catch it).

Has anyone had any issues with this? I don't want to purchase a brand new stand for 450 dollars if I've only been using it for 5 months. If anyone has any solutions I would truly appreciate it!

2015-1-27
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Can you please show me a video of your issue?
2015-1-29
Use props
wjh
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-1-29 16:46
Can you please show me a video of your issue?

Hi Cathy,

so here's the link to the video with the symptoms

(In the vid) I didn't load my kit up on there whilst filming just in case I had a repeat of last time where I was in the middle of balancing and my whole rig almost ended up on the floor.

I suspect that the problem is through general usage the springs have weakened and with pressure/weight it will unbuckle.

I think this may possibly be a design issue as well– if you are generally moving places warm to cold frequently (like in London during the winter) I've noticed moisture building up in the flight case and causing the springs in the tuning stand to not only rust but it's strength weaken. Not something you want if you have 15K and above worth of kit you are balancing or when after usage placing back on the stand to take break.

So far I've been using one velcro strap around both arms so they are locked in more tightly.

2015-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules