Anyone Using the NVIDIA Shield?
11386 66 2015-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nolan222
lvl.2

United States

Just received mine today, cant wait to get home and try it out! Will report back later. By the way, this is my first post!
2015-1-29
Use props
joekeantang.ema
lvl.4

United States

scooterlam Posted at 2015-1-29 10:50
Can you post the link where I can find that price? Everything I'm searching comes up with $299 for ...

I talked to a representative he said that app should be coming out in two week! I have yet to recieve my inspire 1 and additional batteries,  so I hope it all comes out when it does get here.
2015-1-29
Use props
Funnone
lvl.3
United States

Just received a Nvidia Shield and a Sony Xperia Z3 today both are charging right now, but I love the looks and feel of the Sony Z3 and it's recommended tablet by DJI
2015-1-29
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4626 ft
United States

joekeantang.ema Posted at 2015-1-30 04:13
I talked to a representative he said that app should be coming out in two week! I have yet to reci ...

App will be back within the next 2 weeks on the App Store?
2015-1-29
Use props
stavros833
lvl.2

United States

Is anyone concerned about the strong magnate inside the tablet messing up the inspire compass cal.
2015-1-29
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

stavros833 Posted at 2015-1-30 12:51
Is anyone concerned about the strong magnate inside the tablet messing up the inspire compass cal.

Nope. It's not that strong.
2015-1-30
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

stavros833 Posted at 2015-1-30 12:51

keep the tablet away from the bird
2015-1-30
Use props
joekeantang.ema
lvl.4

United States

scooterlam Posted at 2015-1-30 11:23
App will be back within the next 2 weeks on the App Store?

that's what they said! but in reality I don't really know if it might happen! i hope that it does happen in two weeks when my inspire gets home but I am not even sure when it will be shipped out! I haven't got a tracking number on my batteries or inspire. I hope they sent me the lock for the propellers. I just sent them another email they haven't reply to me with a bunch of question from the software to propellers and some other questions. will keep you posted.
2015-2-1
Use props
craigarthurson.
lvl.2

Australia

Captain Obvious Posted at 2015-1-29 04:05
The Shield really sounds like the it's the go for most...Except here in good old Australia  as per ...

Just ordered mine from B&H New York having sent here as they will be in Australia soon $399. USD for the 32gig  plus what ever extras you want plus freight with it still shaw beats the crap out of what they are suggesting as RRP of I believe close to $800 AUD.
2015-2-1
Use props
hvilorio
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10184222 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Blade_Strike Posted at 2015-1-29 08:04
Yeah, that's all I bought. It's only for the Inspire

Blade can you confirm what photo size are you getting using the Shield with the Inspire vs. the iPad? Is another post someone says that when your screen is not 4:3 you loose the extra pixels and get a sub 12mp photo...
2015-2-1
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's 16:9.. Already fixed and will be able to select 4:3 or 16:9, hopefully in the next app release.
2015-2-2
Use props
vincetcn
lvl.2

Singapore

Hi guys,

I couldn't find a sun hood for Nvidia Shield Tablet, anyone knows?
2015-2-2
Use props
TravisSRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68555177 ft
  • >>>
United States

Blade_Strike Posted at 2015-2-3 00:06
It's 16:9.. Already fixed and will be able to select 4:3 or 16:9, hopefully in the next app release.

Thank god!  That was really bothering me as I bought two android tablets and am limited to the 16:9 images right now!  
2015-2-2
Use props
apjr1.verizon
lvl.2

United States

i just got my Inspired 1 props lock today and was hopping that by this time the iOS app be ready to go but no luck !!! whats the pros and cons about using the 9.2 iOS app that i notice a few people using ?
2015-2-2
Use props
mitchkell7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 307431 ft
United States

Just a heads up to those interested in buying the Nvidia shield Tablet for their inspire 1 use: Target has a promotion going on right now that includes a $30 giftcard with a purchase of either 16/32gb Nvidia shield model. If you also have a Redcard you can save an additional 5% off the retail price.

This is for an online order only as Target does not carry them on stores shelves.
2015-2-9
Use props
Jason Schiffner
lvl.1

United States

I bought a Shield for my camera operator and I'm returning it today. It's awful in sunlight. And not even direct sunlight. I'm in the Seattle area and the screen isn't even view-able in overcast situations. I should have paid closer attention to online reviews, because many of them mentioned this problem.  Here is a thorough test of some of the top tablets under direct light: http://www.displaymate.com/Tablet_Brightness_ShootOut_1.htm

Based on what I've learned from that link, I'll be going with the Samsung Galaxy Tab S.

I'm at http://dronefrontier.com
2015-2-10
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

I just tested my new Nvidia Shield and I think it's great. I highly recommend it.
2015-2-10
Use props
JakeLikesStuff
lvl.3

United States

I don't have my Inspire yet, but I picked up a Shield since everyone else was raving out it.

All this talk though about not being able to see it outside was making me nervous. I'd bought an anti glare screen protector already, so I figured it was a good time to slap it on and go outside for a looksie myself. Took video if anyone else wants to see for themselves just click below. Seemed fine to me.

http://youtu.be/w_MNQ0VCtf8
2015-2-10
Use props
rj.ak
New

Canada

I have an annoying issue with my Nvidia Shield - the audio alerts run so fast that they are unintelligible (landing gear raising, etc.).  DJI support says to use a "recommended" device - I said that the NS WAS recommended by the dealer (UAV Outlet in Jacksonville, FL) and they said to call the dealer.  The dealer said to call DJI, I said I had, then replied they would check on it, and now will not return my calls. Anyone here have any thoughts about how to get the audio speed on the Shield correct?
2015-4-3
Use props
bdmartens
lvl.2

Canada

I'm loving the NVidia Shield's quick display and great colors. The catch is it's brightness is limited when outside during a sunny day.  The advantage is that it had it's own HDMI output, so that if you're going to use fpv goggles to get around this common problem, you also get to see the app interface (if you choose to use the shields output, rather than the one on the tx).
2015-4-4
Use props
Wildcat Willie
lvl.3

Canada

I have two Nvidia Shields and got them after I got nowhere with DJI on a straight answer about Microsoft tablets...The Nvidia Shield is a gamers tablet and came with an update to Android 5.0 Kitkat...As a gamers tablet they streams video quite well from the controllers...There customer service is right on the ball and quick with answers that made sense.  Excellent processing power and the screen resolution is excellent....But this comes at a cost. This tablet draws a lot of power and I have to make sure is charged and double checked before using...One feature that I find is awesome is the ability to record what it sees on the screen...After the flight I can watch the entire process on the screen and see all the telemetry ...The tablet record function is the first thing I turn on and the last thing I turn off on before powering down...It allows me to review my flight and see what I did wrong and Right...I can see all my checks and what my camera settings were...As there is no audible alarm when I drop off GPS mode to Atti mode it actually showed me how often it drops out and again what I did right and wrong...I would not hesitate buying them again. Cut in to my budget a bit as it cost me $1100.00 for two 64GB tablets and two 64GB micro SD cards...
2015-4-4
Use props
jorski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 171946 ft
Finland

yeah..i have been using an acer A1 840 and it seems fine to me..and was only 155 out the door. not sure what difference i should see? can anyone tell me what i am missing here? it is 4.4 android,8 gig.

How about the Acer? Could you tell something more? Has it got smooth video, no lag during recording?
Is your Acer this one?  http://www.gsmarena.com/acer_iconia_tab_8_a1_840fhd-6424.php

I have order new Phantom3 and I have to buy new tablet.
2015-4-19
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Wildcat Willie Posted at 2015-4-4 23:47
I have two Nvidia Shields and got them after I got nowhere with DJI on a straight answer about Micro ...

I couldn't agree more about the screen recorder.
What a GREAT learning tool to review and make adjustments from.
This is a big reason my Air is used on the Slave radio.

(and I just got my cable for the cinimizers, but it's raining outside rt now -

Bob
2015-4-19
Use props
bremner.nickisc
New

United States

I have a Shield, the main problems as brought up by previous posters is the battery life, the brightness and the lack of cases and screen protectors. However all of these problems are minor and I would highly recommend it. There is very little lag and the video is quite good. A poster above had issues with sound, I might have this issue, the sound the shield plays is a burble I always figured that they didn't do the actual voices but in hindsight the problem may actually be sped up audio.
2015-4-19
Use props
FrostyThe2nd
lvl.2

United States

I used to use the Shield until I accidentally cracked the screen.  Unlike Apple products, turns out the only way to repair the Shield is to replace it altogether.  At least that's the case where I live.
2015-4-20
Use props
hilton571
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10220 ft
  • >>>
United States

Was using the Nvidia Shield tablet with exceptional video until this newest DJI GO app appeared and I installed it. Now I get disconnects in flight on my DJI Inspire 1. It looks like android tablet are having the same disconnect problem so now I'm using an IOS iPad mini 3 with good results. I'm awaiting the fix on the GO app to go back to the Nvidia Shield tablet. Hope this helps.
2015-8-21
Use props
fovetekuz
lvl.1

India

InspiredOne Posted at 2015-1-28 09:02
You should be looking to see if there is any lag in the video as you're recording. If it's smooth and not delayed, then you should be good to go.

Yes you are absolutely right that he must look for lag. In case if there is a lag then you need to fix it. For its fixing following are main points.  But for whole instructions you should check Acer A1-840 Manual.
Remove any Widgets that pull data to the phone, such as Twitter, Weather widgets etc
If you have Live wallpapers turned on, then try turning them off by going to Settings – Display – Wallpaper, then changing to a different Wallpaper.
Go to Settings – More – Developer options – Window Animation Scale and Transition Animation Scale. Try changing these to 0.5x (or even 0).
2017-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules