Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Lightbridge (1) NO UPDATE
2563 7 2016-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nilgarcia0
New

Spain

Hello,

I recently bought a Dji Lightbridge original version (1). I was trying to update the Ground Station firmware but I can't. The device does not apear on Assistant Sotware. I tried 3 different PC anb multiple USB cables but the firmware version does not appear. I  also used the 1.2 and 1.3 version of the Assistant Sofware but no sucess.

Firmware

Firmware

Updater

Updater

2016-8-6
Use props
nilgarcia0
New

Spain

Nobody will answer?
2016-8-8
Use props
1flyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 266378 ft
  • >>>
United States

OK, I gotta ask some questions that may sound basic but I would need to know if I can help ya farther from my experience, it's not to sound like a jerk. I don't see the TX and REC lights active in the lower left of the app. The Lightbridge power does have to be on to be seen by the app.
Does the LB1 work and bind to the Air unit as is and you just want to update to the latest? I have had 2 LB1 Ground Stations fail with them not decoding video from the Air unit but it will power on fine, control the ship and give a video signal out of the USB to a device from the Air unit with all the telemetry info on the display. When this happens, it will not show up in the Lightbridge app with the current Firmware but I will se the activity lights flashing. With that being said was it bought new or used?
Looking forward to your replies...
2016-8-8
Use props
nilgarcia0
New

Spain

Hello 1 flyer, you don't have to apologize for your "basic" questions. At least you took your time to answer.

1- I have the ground station powered when updating firmware, even the USB Windows sound, sounds when I plug the cable to the pc (just like an USB memory) but it's not recognized by the sofwtare (I tried 3 different PC anb many USB cables).
2- It's working perfect decoding video from the air unit. I only use the lightbridge for sending video (I don't have/use a drone) and it does well.
3- I bought it new 2 months ago but for the form It was packed I thought It should have been returned from another customer.

The only think that cames to my mind is that the USB port of the Lightbridge does not work properly.
2016-8-8
Use props
sudya_v
lvl.2

Ukraine

Support ignoring component failure issue with LB1 units.
2016-8-8
Use props
nilgarcia0
New

Spain

I sent 2 emails because the only option of support in Spain is mail or forum (no telephone or chat for lightbridge) but I was completly ignored.

I will have to contact with my distribuitor.
2016-8-9
Use props
emanuelevacca
lvl.1

Italy

Dear all,
I found a BUG in the lightbridge and I think DJI should find a solution for us, because it played with us for too long.
I have a lot of Lightbridge and they dead one after each other as soon as their battery get discharged after long period where i didn't used them (If you stored it without charging it, you can have the problem also after one month).
As soon as the ground unit battery get fully discharged, the firmware of the device stops to work correctly. You can recharge the battery but, connecting it to the assistant, you will see just one of the 3 firmware component versions, and connecting the device to the smartphone, you will not be able to get connected and receive images.
The problem is described in detail on internet, in a lot of forums. You can read in example the following thread: http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/lightbridge-firmware.76946/
and http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... irmware-hack.77073/
and http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2091053
etc.etc.

I wrote that DJI is playing with us, because i returned 2 times my devices to DJI in order to solve this problem, but each time, if  the batteries get discharged, they get broken again.
We need a solution or a workaround because we work with these devices and it is not possible that I need to send to DJI the device each time that i need to work. Moreover I'm quite sure that after the guarantee period, DJI will not longer repair the unit for free. And moreover each time I have to pay the shipment to China and wait for the repair. This is not acceptable.
At least we should pretend a detailed problem description.
I discovered a lot of things about this device, by reading the second link i posted.

Regards
Emanuele
2016-8-9
Use props
emanuelevacca
lvl.1

Italy

this could be the solution: http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... sistant-tool.77073/
2016-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules