Post-production of my footage
1842 11 2016-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chernobylzone
lvl.1

Ukraine

Hey everyone.
I need some advice from community, how to improve my osmo-footage?
Yesterday  i shooted video with blue sky and green trees, but when i apply lumetri to my footage blue sky comes with a very ugly artifacts.
Please, help to solve this real bad problem. What i must do with D-log video on OSMO to improve my videos?
Video in 2k, size fit to 1080.

Thank you all!
55.jpg
2016-8-7
Use props
chernobylzone
lvl.1

Ukraine

Iv read, D-log have some codes Problems, is it true?
2016-8-7
Use props
chernobylzone
lvl.1

Ukraine

Nobody knows the solution? (
2016-8-8
Use props
chernobylzone
lvl.1

Ukraine

DJi Support! Please, tell me something!
2016-8-14
Use props
info147
New

Sweden

chernobylzone Posted at 2016-8-14 14:51

I see you have a lot of blue in the histo and Rgb parade. That might be something to consider. Green is blue and yellow so more blue means less yellow means no good green, if you know what I mean...
Shooting raw I do Adjustment layer in PP, put in RBG curves where you can adjust the rgb curves too, and then three way color correct. Just a tip
2016-8-14
Use props
info147
New

Sweden

I see you have a lot of blue in the histo and Rgb parade. That might be something to consider. Green is blue and yellow so more blue means less yellow means no good green, if you know what I mean...
Shooting raw I do Adjustment layer in PP, put in RBG curves where you can adjust the rgb curves too, and then three way color correct. Just a tip
2016-8-14
Use props
info147
New

Sweden

2016-8-14
Use props
info147
New

Sweden

2016-8-14
Use props
info147
New

Sweden

2016-8-14
Use props
chernobylzone
lvl.1

Ukraine

info147 Posted at 2016-8-15 03:37
I see you have a lot of blue in the histo and Rgb parade. That might be something to consider. Gre ...

Hello! Thanks for the answer.
But i think this is problem in codecs or something.
Iv got this artifacts on the D-log video without any post production.
How do i can fix it?
2016-8-15
Use props
jphphotography
lvl.1
Canada

chernobylzone Posted at 2016-8-15 22:35
Hello! Thanks for the answer.
But i think this is problem in codecs or something.
Iv got this artif ...

I've been experiencing similar issues, it's particularly bad if there is a lot of fine detail in the shot (ie tons of leaves on a tree all moving). Under the "Style" section in the DJI Go app set it to custom and then turn sharpness/saturation/contrast all to -2, this seems to help a little but you definitely need to grade the footage after. Since the free version is now incredibly powerful and unrestricted compared to previous versions I'd recommend trying out Davinci Resolve, for colour it's still quite far ahead of Lumetri. Also while LUTs/Looks are neat I'd recommend learning to grade without them

At the end of the day though this is 8bit footage shot with variable bitrate into a lossy codec. You always need to have your exposure as close to perfect as you can in order to buy you a little latitude in post. If your scene has too much fine detail in it then the OSMO isn't the camera to use for that shot. That's my opinion as a person who works as a cameraman and colourist. For the price it's a cool toy that you might be able to get you some bonus shots on a pro shoot, but never bank on it for an A cam.
2016-8-18
Use props
chernobylzone
lvl.1

Ukraine

jphphotography@ Posted at 2016-8-18 23:01
I've been experiencing similar issues, it's particularly bad if there is a lot of fine detail in t ...

Thank you so much for your advises!
2016-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules