Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Whats the best App for the Phantom 4
15132 20 2016-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

SO I have been looking around, and I see there is some compitition for the DJI go app, now dont get me wrong I like it, but I wondering which is the best app, paid or free. Now I realize everyone has personal feelings/opinions, but I would still like to kno what your thinking using, what you like/dislike about the app and cost, ease of use and how user friendly... after a day or two of getting options I may switch this too a poll to see which is preffered

thanx all
Heebus

2016-8-7
Use props
PhanFran
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>

I use Litchi 90 % of the time. I have autopilot and FPV camera too but Litchi has the best combination of features and ease of use for me. Also the feature of being able to pre-plan waypointflights on the web and upload them to your mobile device afterwards is very nice.
FPV Camera is comparable to Litchi but with one EXTRA: it has knowledge of the terrainheight in it's maps. This means you can safely plan your waypointroute knowing how high the AC is above the homepoint but also - and more importantly- how high the AC is above the ground at the spot it is at at that moment. This is clearly shown on the planning like -11/45 meaning that it is 11 meters UNDER the homepoint heigth but 45 meters AGL at that waypoint. 90/45 would mean then that it is 95 meters above your starting point but only 45 meters AGL at that waypoint etc.
So I use Litchi in flat environments and FPV Camera in mountainous regions.
I never use Autopilot (anymore) it has, in my view no more features than Litchi or FPV and at the same time a huge learning curve and confusing display
2016-8-7
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

only Litchi being used here, well besides the dji go app?... I kno there are a few more out there, was hoping for some feedback on them
2016-8-8
Use props
PhanFran
lvl.4
  • >>>

Heebus Posted at 2016-8-8 18:49
only Litchi being used here, well besides the dji go app?... I kno there are a few more out there, w ...

I told you about FPV camera and Autopilot didn't I ?
2016-8-8
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

PhanFran Posted at 2016-8-8 12:10
I told you about FPV camera and Autopilot didn't I ?

yes you did, and as I stated I was looking for feedback on others
2016-8-8
Use props
Quaresma
New

Portugal

DJI Go is driving me crazy in my Samsung Galaxy Tab A tablet (android 6.0.1). It simply doesn't connect! I probably have to try another!
2016-8-8
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

My vote is for Litchi too.

The main reason I initially purchased it was to run long missions, which I can pre-program on my pc.
Make sure you always test the area first using shorter test missions, before the final mission and check your altitudes and speed carefully.
With your new range booster antennas, Litchi will allow you to fly to the adjecent town!!!

I have since been using litchi most of the time.  

Litchi is a must especially now because of major video streaming issues that I and others are experiencing with the P4.
I know the official answer is always device, but I use the same device with a P3A and I have no video issues.

2016-8-8
Use props
PhanFran
lvl.4
  • >>>

Heebus Posted at 2016-8-9 00:17
yes you did, and as I stated I was looking for feedback on others

Ok. Was wondering which others you meant...Aside the three or four I mentioned there are only a few like Airnest and some others that seem just too basic and at the same time I can' find enough feedback about them to trust them with my expensive P4...
2016-8-9
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

I know the P4 has some good features, some of which I may never use but I don't understand why DJI doesn't already have capability such as the Litchi app.  Sure you can go out and fly and record waypoints so you can go out and fly again, but that's kind of redundant to say the least using 2x the time and battery etc.  And tap and fly is cool but what if you tap the wrong spot... in the app you can set that all up, adjust poi's if wanted, and also target your altitudes.

After looking at Litchi and some of the excellent demo videos it's a very attractive application for me.  I already have 3 different missions laid out using the pc interface just practicing with the settings more or less.  Not actually flown any of them yet.  Low and slow in the park for the first tests and we'll see how it goes but I like what I see from the mission planning side.

I signed up so count me in with Litchi.
2016-8-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Litchi is the dogs,
2016-8-9
Use props
PhanFran
lvl.4
  • >>>

MicroFPV Posted at 2016-8-9 21:08
I know the P4 has some good features, some of which I may never use but I don't understand why DJI d ...

The point is that even Litchi advizes you to FIRST fly the waypoint route manually to see if the route is as clear of obstacles as the Googlemap suggests. That is a wise advice because often when you do that you will notice that somewhere on your route they're building a new appartmentbuilding with a huge buildingcrane next to it or you seem to fly right into these powerlines that are often awfully difficult to spot on Google.
So, when you take that advice and do your 'test'-flight manually first then actually there is not much difference anymore between DJI-GO and Litchi because for DJI you have to fly the waypoint route manually and then you can even create a waypoint on the spot, while in the air, something you can not do with Litchi...
2016-8-10
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

Some very good points indeed maps are not often the latest, but for simple tests I can plan ahead since I live at the park and can pretty much look out there and see the whole thing and know there's noting new.
I have some other missions planned that would mean losing sight of the quad and that makes me a little nervous period so we'll wait on those and do a little scouting first.
2016-8-10
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

Tested the Litchi waypoint feature last evening.  Used the same basic mission and ran it twice.  First pass was as programmed on the pc.  Second time out I had tightened up the curved corners a little and changed the look-to points just to see the difference.  Both missions ran fine with no errors that I could see.

Later I saved the logs from Litchi, and ran them through the healthy drones site to see the data.  Looks pretty good so far will work on another mission here soon and test some of the other options in Litchi.
I didn't post any video of these missions they were kind of boring and it was right at sundown so lighting was not really good for viewing.

Have to admit I was a bit nervous hitting the button to GO the first time.  Once done I hit the RTH to see how it functioned and it came down withing a couple feet where it took off.
2016-8-11
Use props
waterglobe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1596381 ft
Sweden

Anyone tried Airnest or the new DJI GS pro? How do they compare with litchi?
2017-7-2
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

waterglobe Posted at 2017-7-2 01:33
Anyone tried Airnest or the new DJI GS pro? How do they compare with litchi?

GS Pro by DJI has one interesting feature that I may use and that's the "Fence" part where you can draw a container to keep the drone within for safety, say at a movie set where the director wants some modicum of safety from some 10 pound drone hitting someone with a pretty face worth millions.  However, given the issue with the thing dropping into ATTI randomly and losing compass or GPS I wouldn't rely on it to be 100% safe.

I'm in a discussion with one now who wants it cabled down so it cannot get within 30 feet of anyone should it, mother nature's wind, or I go nuts.  There is a guy (Soto) who makes a tether system for the i1/i2 and others to a ground station that might get one an "over peoples heads" FAA waiver, but not sure of that yet.  DJI could fab up something tether-wise too for that safety stuff too I believe.
2017-7-2
Use props
LJPro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15220 ft
United States

Hands down it's Litchi, been using it for months with 3 different phones with NO issues.
2017-7-2
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

LJPro Posted at 2017-7-2 08:12
Hands down it's Litchi, been using it for months with 3 different phones with NO issues.

Is that with the Phantom 4 (standard)?  And if so, what version of firmware?  TIA
2017-7-2
Use props
LJPro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15220 ft
United States

Yes mine is the reg P4....however here is a clip from their site.

Compatible with DJI Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 (Normal/Pro), Phantom 3 (Standard,4K, Advanced, Professional), Inspire 1 (X3/Z3/Pro/RAW), Inspire 2 and Matrice 100/600

Includes Track, Focus, Panorama, Orbit, Follow me, Waypoints, Virtual Reality mode, Flight Logs and more!
2017-7-2
Use props
BouldersDad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 872448 ft
United States

Go4 and Litchi here.
I got Litchi for the sake of being able to fly fpv with my phone and Google Cardboard. I also like that I can plan my waypoint missions ahead of time in the comfort of my office (not that I fly that many waypoint missions).
Something to keep in mind, as you are probably aware, flying under a non-dji app voids your warranty coverage should anything go amiss.
2017-7-2
Use props
kosmelnikov
lvl.2
Flight distance : 634098 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

One more must have app for all DJI users:

I use 'Sync for DJI' app for downloading images from my Mavic. It's great app that allows download video (even in 4K resolution) and images directly from drone to my iOS Photos app.

so now I don't need to eject SD card from my drone if I want to share a few photos on instagram... Very useful app.

you can find it on appstore or use link https://itunes.apple.com/ua/app/sync-for-dji/id1255799480?mt=8 . It's Free.

Current DJI GO 4 app is slowly and doesn't support 1080p and 4K videos argh...
2017-12-4
Use props
hurstja
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43602 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Litchi Orbit
2021-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now