DJI GO 2.8.6 not showing prior RC FW dialog any more
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft

iPhone 6, latest IOS, on 2.8.6...  Hold academy button down for extended period release and goes to "Academy" with Flight Simulator, etc.  Same Remote, same cable, same AC, but with iPad Mini II and 2.8.1, the same action brings up the Prior Firmware screen showing prior FW availabe for RC, RC type, etc..

So far, between lost synch records on 2.8.5 and now not being able to get to Prior Firmware screen, the last two DJI GO apps don't look like they've passed even some basic testing.  :-(

Should I call and open a case or can any of the DJI Folks reproduce..  :-(

Jay S.

2016-8-7
Use props
xtremrx7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7987028 ft

You are not the only one bro I have to sometimes roll back my Rc Fw due to some crazy Rc calibration issues but this seams to fix it but last night had the issue so was going to roll back then upgrade like always and I no longer can.

Dji why do I fell like MORE things are being taken away (or changed like Rc power output) then we gain with all firmware's and updates.

I too have lost flight logs now that I tried deleting the app and reinstalling. Also syncing fails every time. But I have confirmed using Heathy Drones iOS sync app ( dji server sync to HD detailed log output) that these logs are non excitant anymore.

Dji life isn't perfect and I know issues come up that are unavoidable but to have only more issues than I had when I bought the drone due to manufacture fixes and updates is killing the moral and my insentive to promote the brand ( as I have had 7 people buy an advanced - P4 based on my recommendation. This is just a FYI comment.

Blake B
2016-8-7
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

xtremrx7 Posted at 2016-8-8 03:29
You are not the only one bro I have to sometimes roll back my Rc Fw due to some crazy Rc calibration ...

I may try a minimal flight this evening with 2.8.6 just to see how the software behaves and if the log synch'ing is any different (but it sounds like it isn't).  My issue with logs was flights that I had done on my iPad II Mini (running 2.8.1) had any new flights deleted from the log on that device when I synched to the cloud.  If I synched my iPhone (then running 2.8.5) those flights would show up, however if I deleted them from 2.8.5 iPhone and try to synch back, those 2.8.1 flights are (like you) non-existent any longer.  

Doesn't sound like the cloud storage is the safest right now.  :-(  I don't know what will happen once Android device DJO GO app gets updated and folks with earlier versions go to synch.  :-(
2016-8-7
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Jay, I also try to get into the fw downgrade page by this method in my iPhone 5s in 2.8.6 DJI Go app. It can be reached normally.
2016-8-8
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-8 17:00
Hello Jay, I also try to get into the fw downgrade page by this method in my iPhone 5s in 2.8.6 DJI  ...

Paladin,

I'm obviously not alone here.  Someone posted right after me that there's doesn't work either.  I'm not on an iPhone 5, but a 6, and on the latest IOS.  Glad yours works but mine doesn't..  Even after being connected it doesn't take me to the fw download page, only the tutorial page.  Telling us yours works and nothing else doesn't help much, unless you think there is somehow a user error in holding down the Academy button, waiting 10 seconds and not seeing the FW dialog?  Any suggestions on getting it functioning again?  I had just done the upgrade from 2.8.5 to 2.8.6 in the last few hours.
2016-8-8
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-8-8 14:28
Paladin,

I'm obviously not alone here.  Someone posted right after me that there's doesn't work  ...

If I hold Academy button on my iPhone 6S Plus for 10 seconds or so, it offers up the option to download and refresh the aircraft firmware. No mention made of the RC firmware. Looks like there have been changes.

EDIT:- Now that's interesting, with aircraft connected I get option to refresh aircraft firmware. With aircraft switched off but iphone connected to powered up RC it offers up the previous RC build, so all seems well.
2016-8-8
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You could try uninstalling and then re-install App' see if that fixes it for you.
2016-8-8
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

Aardvark Posted at 2016-8-8 23:27
If I hold Academy button on my iPhone 6S Plus for 10 seconds or so, it offers up the option to down ...

Aardvark,

What aircraft are you on?  Have never seen an aircraft refresh with P3P??   Thanks..
2016-8-8
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-8-8 17:29
Aardvark,

What aircraft are you on?  Have never seen an aircraft refresh with P3P??   Thanks..

Good point , I have the P4, but had never noticed this option before.
2016-8-8
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-8-8 12:31
Good point , I have the P4, but had never noticed this option before.

Interesting...  Not totally familiar with P4, but thought it was similar for AC upgrade..
2016-8-8
Use props
xtremrx7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7987028 ft

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-8-9 02:02
Interesting...  Not totally familiar with P4, but thought it was similar for AC upgrade..

I just downgraded the app using the IPA file from an older version and resigned it as a developer app. This was a quick fix for me.
2016-8-8
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

Aardvark Posted at 2016-8-8 23:54
You could try uninstalling and then re-install App' see if that fixes it for you.

Finally got it working with 2.8.6 but had to uninstall and reinstall twice.  :-(  As long as it works..  Case closed I guess...  Thanks..

2016-8-8
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-8-8 23:54
Finally got it working with 2.8.6 but had to uninstall and reinstall twice.  :-(  As long as it wo ...

That's good, might just have been a timing thing, or dirt on touchscreen. I've not flown with it yet, maybe today if the weather stays good (I can see dark clouds rolling in now ).
2016-8-9
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

Aardvark Posted at 2016-8-9 16:49
That's good, might just have been a timing thing, or dirt on touchscreen. I've not flown with it y ...

I didn't get a chance either.. and just TOOO hot today to take her up..  Maybe later toward sunset..  Don't think it's touchscreen as every other app and keyboard works (unless that little graduation hat is REALLY touch sensitive).  :-)   Thanks again...
2016-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules