Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI P3P Poor Radio Channel Quality
1303 4 2016-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
swad3
New

United States

Need Help!!!  First time Post....

Summary: Poor channel quality- as a result I am not able to record. PERIOD.

This occurred after my DJI Go App was updated approximately 3 days prior to this post.

On my DJI Go App I have always had the error's, "your camera is out date- please update firmware,ect..." I have always had the mentality, if it's not broke, don't fix it. I was able to use every function without issues, except after this update on the DJI Go App.

After being unable to record, I set out to fix these error's in hope that this would alleviate my poor channel quality, I was under the assumption that by upgrading the aircraft, camera, remote and battery this would correct the error.

After re-installing all software, I am still receiving this error. Has anyone else had this issue or know a solution?

Would be greatly appreciated- thank you in advance for anything you may be able to provide.
2016-8-7
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

The problem you encountered was that although you chose not to update the firmware in your aircraft or RC unit, you probably had automatic updates allowed on your phone or tablet. If you want to stay at a given firmware revision, you must disable automatic updates to your device. What has happened is that the DJI Go App has updated and decided not to allow you to fly until you make it happy by upgrading everything else. Since it is difficult to backdate the app, you probably now have to update both the aircraft and RC unit to the latest version.

If you are still getting poor radio links, then you need to look elsewhere, as the P3 Pro normally has excellent range. Perhaps you are flying in an urban environment where there are competing devices for the radio band?
2016-8-7
Use props
swad3
New

Thank you Geebax- moving forward I will be aware of allowing or not allowing automatic updates. My issue, moving forward, is that I have tried to update all software up to dat and can't seem to figure the issue.

Please see the image for what I'm looking at as farm as firmware status.
image.png
2016-8-7
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Swad3, I'd suggest you to use the 1.9.6 bin file to update the drone again.
2016-8-8
Use props
swad3
New

United States

Thank you Paladin- after reformatting and continuing to try I finally updated all firmware (no issues on DJI go app)

However....it still shows poor channel quality- bounces between good and bad and will not even let me change to the record function. The app restarts and switches back to photo mode only....is this completely random ?!
2016-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules