Any way to fly without birds stopping me
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
acegolfking
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4285 ft
United States

Im scared to fly because of them j avoid them if there is any but theh chase my drone idk what to do
2016-8-8
Use props
wingover2016
lvl.4

United Kingdom

They are not to keen on a nice pump action
2016-8-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I fly in the hills and whenever I fly a Phantom it seems to attract the hawks. I just stay far away from them.
When I fly a Inspire or M600 they stay away from the aircraft.
2016-8-8
Use props
wingover2016
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Have been told the face of an owl will keep most birds away never tried it yet though
2016-8-8
Use props
acegolfking
lvl.2
United States

Im just trying to do photos but its hard when birds are spawns of evil intent
2016-8-8
Use props
Michael89
lvl.3
Flight distance : 336880 ft
Israel

Yes those birds what are they doing in the sky!
2016-8-8
Use props
acegolfking
lvl.2
United States

birds are evil they should just make a accesory or something that either stuns birds out of the sky or keeps them away from you while flying dones

how am i suppose to make awesome maps or record awesome stuff when i gotta watch for trees buildings and birds
2016-8-8
Use props
Bartone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53458 ft

Birds started circling my P3Pro when I was flying over the church at Bodega, CA. Yeah - the exact church in Hitchcock's 'The Birds'. i decided to land quickly! Might've made a cool video, but might've also been way expensive!
2016-8-8
Use props
mikeon
lvl.4
United States

wingover2016@ou Posted at 2016-8-8 12:43
Have been told the face of an owl will keep most birds away never tried it yet though

I once put a plastic owl in my strawberry patch.  Ten minutes later there was a robin perched on top of it.
2016-8-9
Use props
michaelfinney_h
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I once had a curious hawk fly close to my quadcopter, but he quickly went away again having come to the conclusion it was nothing he could eat. Don't be so worried, go for it.
2016-8-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I've seen some customers put reflective tape that was made to deter birds, that may be something to consider.
2016-8-10
Use props
rreindl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

I was just out flying trying to catch a beautiful sunset but the birds would not let me. The sparrows (or some other birds) kept attacking my drone. I even saw one do two loops up and over my drone! I am not sure what was it up with the birds tonight. I really needed to use my pilot skills tonight to even get a halfway decent picture.
2016-8-10
Use props
wavis184
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1810735 ft
  • >>>

https://www.amazon.com/Version-M ... bird+tape+repellent
2016-8-10
Use props
dgboo7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1364534 ft
United States

rreindl Posted at 2016-8-10 21:34
I was just out flying trying to catch a beautiful sunset but the birds would not let me. The sparrow ...

You are probably near where they are nesting and view the quad as a threat, my advise is change location a few hundred feet.
2016-8-10
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

My plastic scary looking owl has a woodpecker nest in it. They made a perfect round hole in the chest area and they have raised 2 offspring generations during the last 2 years.
I fly with the seagulls and geese all the time and so far they have avoided my P4.

2016-8-10
Use props
interceptorx5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 397 ft
Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-11 08:42
I've seen some customers put reflective tape that was made to deter birds, that may be something to  ...

Dont think that will work because most time I park my car this stupid bird want to do it make up using my mirror,,, AND shites all over the place where it sits
2016-8-10
Use props
rreindl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

dgboo7@tampabay Posted at 2016-8-11 11:29
You are probably near where they are nesting and view the quad as a threat, my advise is change lo ...

I have flown in this location many times (my front yard) with no issues before. I have noticed they seem to fly in groups and change locations often. For example they sometimes fly on my same street but at the other end or even a few streets over. I think they must be feeding on insects as they only do this type of group flying near sunset.
2016-8-11
Use props
HFI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904990 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-9 00:35
I fly in the hills and whenever I fly a Phantom it seems to attract the hawks. I just stay far away  ...

DJI-Ken what color is your I1, white or black ? I'm wondering is darker colors keep the birds away better. I have a Mavic on order and with its dark grey color I'm wondering if it will be better at deterring birds than the Phantom  
2016-10-9
Use props
F6B-Rider
lvl.2

Bartone Posted at 2016-8-9 07:10
Birds started circling my P3Pro when I was flying over the church at Bodega, CA. Yeah - the exact ch ...

Rode out to the Crab shack at the harbor for lunch, best crab sandwich and clam chowder around!
2016-10-9
Use props
afiend69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

first time I took my p3p out, I went across a swampy field and got attacked by (what looked like) barn swallows.  There were a couple then more then about 20, dive bombing the drone.  I dropped as low as possible and slowly came back - even after landing a few feet in front of me a few were still diving.  I was scared for the birds as I am a nature nut, was not fun.  They were nesting so defensive.

In Iceland I got a curious bird do a fly by at 500m , was funny as hell to see the video and the birds eye checking out the drone as it sped by
2016-10-9
Use props
yoricknicholls
lvl.2
Flight distance : 790758 ft
Vanuatu

In Vanuatu it's mainly swallows being overly protective. Thankfully no other species has been aggressive, we don't usually have much.
I've found that, with swallows, a brief jerk towards them or a fake short chase will set air superiority! Haha
2016-10-9
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

2016-10-9
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

yoricknicholls Posted at 2016-10-10 10:12
In Vanuatu it's mainly swallows being overly protective. Thankfully no other species has been aggres ...

Yeah, I have problems with swallows here in Australia too, the other birds don't seem to be worried.
2016-10-9
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Ace,

Just run away! That's what I do.

Jerry

2016-10-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

HFI Posted at 2016-10-10 03:32
DJI-Ken what color is your I1, white or black ? I'm wondering is darker colors keep the birds away ...

It's white, I haven't had a dark multirotor yet, so I can't say how birds will take to the Mavic.
2016-10-10
Use props
warloc59
lvl.3
Flight distance : 209160 ft
  • >>>

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2016-10-10 08:33
Ace,

Just run away! That's what I do.

Gang?  That's a stampede!  Lol
2016-10-11
Use props