My phantom 3 won't start! 6 weeks without using
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scschulte
lvl.2
Flight distance : 159370 ft

Well it has been 6 weeks since I used my Phantom-3.  I recharged the batteries (which had automatically gone down as planned).  I now push the battery button 2-4 seconds - all LED's are green, the button shows orange-red--- but then all lights go off an nothing.

What in the world has happened?

Thanks for any comments.

Best regards,

Steve Schulte
Monday 8 August 2016

17:34 Wisconsin
2016-8-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

You need to press the On switch twice and hold it for 2-3 seconds to enforce and engage the thrusters, Captain!!  Ha
A single click only checks relative battery voltage remaining. Not to fly. Charge them batteries back to full voltage before rising off the deck, on a mission. ;-)

Have a fun and happy flight, Sir

RedHotPoker
2016-8-8
Use props
scschulte
lvl.2

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-8-9 06:40
You need to press the On switch twice and hold it for 2-3 seconds to enforce and engage the thruster ...

Thanks for the reply.  What I realized is that I need to quickly touch the start button on the battery and the almost immediately repush and hold 2-3 seconds.  I was leaving too much time before the first quick push (which as you wrote, gives the battery strength via the 4 LED's) - and the next, long push.

Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!

Best regards,

Steve Schulte
Wednesday 10 August 2016
2016-8-10
Use props
Michael89
lvl.3
Flight distance : 336880 ft
Israel

OMG is this post for real {:4_177:}
2016-8-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

When you have a simple question or concern about your drone, feel free to ask. Ok? Hahaha

And perhaps someone will laugh at you. Silly boy!! ;-)

Have a nice day, go flying!! Ha

RedHotPoker
2016-8-10
Use props
scschulte
lvl.2

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-8-10 23:33
When you have a simple question or concern about your drone, feel free to ask. Ok? Hahaha

And perha ...

Thanks for your comment, RedHotPoker-- you know between my job with international clients, keeping up with family around the globe, trying to drive my RC Boat, keeping my life in order $wise, riding my VTT (mountain bike), traveling, trying the new IPA's in WI and the USA, -- having not flown my drone for over 6 weeks YES I DID forget the start sequence and you really helped me!  If one flies daily I am sure my post seemed naive - but you came to my rescue and I appreciate that!

DJI is a fine company -- but their manuals, while detailed in some areas, are totally missing some basic instructions --

OK trying to get my new WaterStrider to work with my P3S - but a bit tricky-- the DroneKraft team is in daily contact to assist-- lots of fun but not yet landing on my pond-- still field trials.  More on that in another post perhaps!

Thanks again---

Steve
Saturday 13 August 2016
2016-8-13
Use props
Photo Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 456201 ft
Canada

scschulte Posted at 2016-8-14 11:26
Thanks for your comment, RedHotPoker-- you know between my job with international clients, keeping ...

Never a stupid question always a stupid mistake.
For anyone viewing this always feel comfortable too Ask anything.
Fly and have fun.
2016-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules