lvl.1
Flight distance : 111775 ft

been flying at the same spot since i got phantom 4
kept getting message not safe to takeoff message
finally got it to take off by turning off geo
took off in auto take off mode
moved up and forward
said no flight zone and started to auto land
being only a few feet from ground was unable to maneuver fast enough to stop it from hiiting object
so it flipped over on its top chewing up the ground
what the fuxxk

2016-8-8
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for your frustration,seguinmark. I'd suggest you to sync your flight record and download the DAT file of this accident via DJI Assistant 2. Then send it to support@dji.com for analysis.
2016-8-8
Use props
seguinmark
lvl.1

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-9 14:16
Sorry for your frustration,seguinmark. I'd suggest you to sync your flight record and download the  ...

So if you look at the state of texas usa in your flysafe map..the whole state is in warning zone.
this is not acceptable...i just want to fly up and count my cattle...there is no internet connection
at the ranch to ask for your permission to count my cows....i want my account enabled to fly at any time or day
2016-8-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry for your crash, can you please use this link and take a screenshot of your ranch so I can see it in the map.
Warning zones do not need permission and would not cause your aircraft to auto land.
Possibly you are next to a NFZ and it went into auto land (since the app said you were).
You do have control and just give it throttle and you can still fly and head back to you.
Your height will be limited but with keeping the throttle on you can fly back home.http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/unlock

2016-8-9
Use props
seguinmark
lvl.1

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-10 05:55
Sorry for your crash, can you please use this link and take a screenshot of your ranch so I can see  ...

this is link to video

dont know what link your talking about. Here is my facebook link to video..I do have an airforce training base nearby but am not in there flight path and i can hear them when they there. they never fly over me. Its randolph airforce training base its yellow restricted  in seguin texas my ranch about 1.5 miles away
2016-8-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

seguinmark Posted at 2016-8-10 08:59
this is link to video

dont know what link your talking about. Here is my facebook link to video..I ...

It does not matter whether you are in the flight path of the training base or not, a No Fly Zone operates as a (usually) 5 mile exclusion zone in a circle centred on the base.
2016-8-9
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

Go 4.5 miles from your ranch and try again
2016-8-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

seguinmark Posted at 2016-8-10 06:59
this is link to video

dont know what link your talking about. Here is my facebook link to video..I ...

The link I have in my post shows you all the zones in the map. I was wanting you to get the map to your area and get a screen shot.
But you just said that there is an AFB nearby. You don't have to be in the flight path, the warning or NFZ has a radius and you said your ranch is 1.5 miles away.
What you need to do is unlock the zone and then you'll be free to fly there if it's a warning zone. If it's a restricted zone then you have to email and request permission and provide them with a bunch of forms including authorization from the AFB.
But you said it's a yellow zone so you can just self authorize that, you can authorize it up to 30 times to give you a month of flying. If you want it permantly unlocked then email FlySafe@dji.com and request that.
2016-8-10
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>

seguinmark Posted at 2016-8-10 02:39
So if you look at the state of texas usa in your flysafe map..the whole state is in warning zone.

Just use a horse to count and tend to your cattle, problem solved.
2016-8-10
Use props
seguinmark
lvl.1

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-10 23:20
The link I have in my post shows you all the zones in the map. I was wanting you to get the map to ...

its not really a base its a single runway with unmanned tower...they just do touch and goes
2016-8-11
Use props
seguinmark
lvl.1

C:\Users\Mark\Desktop\ranch.jpg
2016-8-11
Use props
seguinmark
lvl.1

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-8-11 08:21
Just use a horse to count and tend to your cattle, problem solved.

I could use a horse...i could use a gator...i have one....let me ask you this...if your standing in a moving crowd of people... try to count them...it cant acurately be done...how ever if your overhead say at 100 feet
with video recorder its easy....just pause video and start counting
2016-8-11
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

Oh dear oh dear!!
2016-8-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

seguinmark Posted at 2016-8-11 19:33
its not really a base its a single runway with unmanned tower...they just do touch and goes

Like I said, if it's a authorization zone then you are free to fly after you authorize yourself. If it's a restricted zone then email them for permission.
2016-8-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

This is a link to your own computer, now viewable to anyone but yourself.
2016-8-11
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>

seguinmark Posted at 2016-8-11 19:52
I could use a horse...i could use a gator...i have one....let me ask you this...if your standing i ...

Same with a horse, stop riding and start counting. Using a horse to keep track of cattle has worked for hundreds of years. It's hard to count cattle when there stampeding because of a buzzing drone has spooked them. Sell your drone and buy a horse!!!!!!!!!!!
2016-8-11
Use props
matt18turbo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75141 ft
United States

The mind is a terrible thing to waste.
2016-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules