Overheated motor
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jericbarg
lvl.1

United States

Phantom 3 advanced, landed great, killed engines and drone flipped onto it's side.  3 props were already stopped, but one would not shutdown.  Command sent to stop but drone started squeeling. CCW motor started smoking. I pulled battery to shut down.  Drone cooled off and all motors run now, I would like to replace the overheatded CCW motor but cannot locate DJI OEM part. Where to buy?

Drone serial #p77dda2b26068
2016-8-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry about your mishap, I only use the left stick to shut the motors off and not a CSC.
You would need to send the aircraft in for evaluation and repair.
Your other option is to find a dealer close to or Ebay, Amazon to find a motor and purchase and replace.
BUT, you need the correct motor, the P3 had 2 different motors, one in the early versions and one later on.
http://www.dji.com/newsroom/news ... al-advanced-motors1
2016-8-9
Use props
jericbarg
lvl.1

United States

I never use a CSC I always just pull back on left until motors stop.  That did not work, I had to remove battery to shut drone down.  Could have been a dangerous situation if it had taken off by itself.
2016-8-9
Use props
jericbarg
lvl.1

United States

I ordered a new motor and will install it just to be safe.

Thanks
2016-8-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

jericbarg Posted at 2016-8-10 02:10
I never use a CSC I always just pull back on left until motors stop.  That did not work, I had to re ...

If you just used the left stick to shut down and it did not and if it was flat and no wind then there seems to be some kind of issue.
If the aircraft has never been crashed or hard landed before and it still does this then you really should send it in for repair.
2016-8-9
Use props
balciatilla
lvl.2
Flight distance : 282080 ft
Turkey

jericbarg Posted at 2016-8-9 21:10
I never use a CSC I always just pull back on left until motors stop.  That did not work, I had to re ...

motor could not spin by itself, it needs electricity. If the engine does not stop, it could be the main control unit or internal esc fault.
2016-8-9
Use props
jericbarg
lvl.1

United States

balciatilla Posted at 2016-8-9 13:33
motor could not spin by itself, it needs electricity. If the engine does not stop, it could be the  ...

I agree, I ordered ESC also, just to be safe.
2016-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules