12Next >
9316 43 2016-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dustindilworth
lvl.1
Flight distance : 497530 ft
United States

I just got my new Inspire 1 in today, but sadly, the RC will not connect to the application.
The Quality Control inside the box said it was inspected on Aug 24, 2015, so this is an older V1 that apparently was never sold until now. I'm assuming the FW on everything was pretty outdated, so I updated my Inspire first, to the latest version. Everything went smoothly. But when I tried connecting my RC to my iPad for the first time, the app only said 'How To Connect', instead of allowing me to enter camera mode to update the RC firmware. The drone also was no longer synced to the RC, but I assumed this was because of the FW being much newer on the Inspire. So I'm not worried about the Inspire, but my RC. I spent a couple hours on the phone with DJI, to no avail. We tried multiple cables, devices (iOS and Android), and tried downgrading the FW on my Inspire to the version before the latest. It's possible the USB port is not working properly. It provides power to the Android device, but not to the iOS devices, but the RC is never recognized by the DJI Go app - ever. I was hoping I could try upgrading the FW on the RC (in case that was the issue) using a USB drive, but when I try this, the controller never responds to the BIN files. I've even tried installing old versions of the Android apps to see if that made a difference. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm working on starting an RMA with DJI, but I'd much prefer to just resolve this.
2016-8-9
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

So it sounds like you did not register the Inspire on the DJI App for starters?

I am only guessing to don't yell at me  
You just started updating the Inspire 1 FW right. So now the controller will not connect to the Inspire 1 so you can register the Drone to unlock it.
Maybe downgrading the Inspire to FW 1.8. Then maybe you can connect to your DJI account in the GO App. Next try tapping and hold down for 10 seconds on the graduation hat on the upper right side of the Inspire 1 image. Start up the remote controller with it connected to your tablet. You should be able to update the firmware....  updating to  version 1.60

I have never tried this and only because my Inspire 1 was unlocked and ready to connect before updating the FW

Rich
2016-8-9
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello dustindilworth, it doesn't hurt to use the 1.3 firmware to update the RC with a USB drive. Normally the RC should be detected by the app when they are connected.
2016-8-10
Use props
dustindilworth
lvl.1
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-8-10 12:58
So it sounds like you did not register the Inspire on the DJI App for starters?

I am only guessing ...

Yup, that sounds about right. Nowhere did it say updating the Inspire first would cause this issue
I did try downgrading the Inspire to 1.8, and was able to sync the RC to the Inspire again, but the RC still would not show up when I pressed and held the hat/box icon in the DJI Go app. It did not recognize an RC was connected at all, still.
2016-8-10
Use props
dustindilworth
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-10 17:14
Hello dustindilworth, it doesn't hurt to use the 1.3 firmware to update the RC with a USB drive. Nor ...

I did try this, but the RC did not seem to respond to the USB drive. Any tips? Should the USB drive be formatted a certain way? Do I need to place the RC into a special mode to make it accept the firmware BIN file?
2016-8-10
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

dustindilworth Posted at 2016-8-10 07:13
I did try this, but the RC did not seem to respond to the USB drive. Any tips? Should the USB driv ...

Are you trying to update the RC transmitter to the latest version ?  If so I have a file ( BIN file ) that you can load with a thumb drive that will bring your RC Transmitter up to the latrest version needed.  THIS IS A SPECIAL C1 (TRANSMITTER ) FILE ONLY FOR THE RC TRANSMITTER, THE OTHER BIN FILES YOU ARE USING BESIDES 1.3 WONT WORK .
This is just another way to update the RC transmitter when having trouble .  
Yopu do need to make sure NOTHING is on the thumb drive ( USB drive ) , you do not place the RC in any special mode.  JUST MAKE SURE WHEN YOU UPDATE THE RC TRANSMITTER THAT THE AIRCRAFT IS OFF.  ALSO WHEN UPDATING THE AIRCRAFT MAKE SURE RC IS OFF.  

Just follow my directions in the link. ( Do exactly as my directiosjn say, it is very easy )
http://forum.dji.com/thread-47572-1-1.html

Download this Bin File to a clean fresh formatted  Thumb drive and follow my link instuctions.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/inspire_1/C1_FW_v01.07.0040.bin

***Be sure the RC Transmitter  is off, then load the thumb drive with my file above, then turn on the RC Transmitter, give it a bit of time, look for the lights on the RC to change as indicated inm my instuctions and you should be in business.

donnie

2016-8-10
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

dustindilworth Posted at 2016-8-10 07:13
I did try this, but the RC did not seem to respond to the USB drive. Any tips? Should the USB driv ...

Dustin , when you get the RC updated, read my tips page, it will clear up some questions you may have

http://forum.dji.com/thread-45630-1-1.html

donnie
2016-8-10
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

dustindilworth Posted at 2016-8-10 05:11
Yup, that sounds about right. Nowhere did it say updating the Inspire first would cause this issue ...

dustin
sorry for the situation you are facing. It sounds like a bad USB port on the remote. Because the App should  recognize the remote regardless of the FW version. Other than that, follow donnies suggestions  too.
Do you know someone in your area that has a Inspire 1 that you could try another remote?
You may need to send the remote and Inspire into the LA Shop for repairs

Rich
2016-8-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I would recommend performing Donnie's suggestions on post #6, as you are most likely on older firmware than 1.3. Make sure that the SD card is formatted to FAT32 and that the 1.3 .bin file is the only file on the card. To clarify when you connect just the RC to the app with the aircraft off, can you get into the camera view and check the About section for the firmware version?
2016-8-10
Use props
dustindilworth
lvl.1
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-8-10 22:09
Dustin , when you get the RC updated, read my tips page, it will clear up some questions you may h ...

Oh no. Based on this, my motors may fail to startup even if I do get another controller. I've tried installing the BIN file you suggested, per the directions, but the RC isn't recognizing it or updating. I have another RC I ordered from eBay that will be here in a couple days. Hoping I'll be pleasantly surprised.
2016-8-10
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

dustindilworth Posted at 2016-8-10 19:20
Oh no. Based on this, my motors may fail to startup even if I do get another controller. I've trie ...

Ok, the problem then is that you have an old version of the RC, I would try to load the 1.3 Bin file first and then try the other file I gave you  (1.7)

If you are something before 1.3, then we have to get the earlier updates for you, try this though first.
http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/i ... rev1.3.0.00__en.zip

Y0u will have to Unzip this and extract just the Bin file.  or you can  go to the DJI downlaods for Inspire and get it from there.

When I got my new RC transmitter, I had to load the 1.3 file first and then the 1.7.  Sorry I did not know how far back yours went.

Where did you buy this ?  You might just take it back and tell them this is an older version.  I dont like that DJI does not update these prior to sale.  They really should.
Once you get this up and runnning you will have a lot of fun, dont let this glitch get you down, it happens sometimes.

donnie

2016-8-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

dustindilworth Posted at 2016-8-11 08:20
Oh no. Based on this, my motors may fail to startup even if I do get another controller. I've trie ...

In addition to Donnie's advice, please use this button combination to force a firmware update on the RC for 1.3. Please ensure that you have the .bin file ready to go on a USB adapter and it's connected to the RC:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, record and the wheel on the right side of the controller and then turn off the controller.
* Don’t let go of any fingers, and turn on the controller. Then the controller will be able to update again.

Again, this is under the premise that you have earlier firmware on your RC. Can you connect just the RC (aircraft off) to the GO app and check the About section to verify what is on it?
2016-8-11
Use props
dustindilworth
lvl.1
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-8-11 19:16
Ok, the problem then is that you have an old version of the RC, I would try to load the 1.3 Bin fil ...

I really appreciate your help with this, Donnie. I have taken the BIN file for 1.3, and tried installing it just the way I'm supposed to. No response from the controller, unfortunately. It remains on a solid red light. So I took Jamie's suggestion of using the button combination to place it into the update mode, or whatever you call it. It boots to this light greenish light, and still does not respond to the BIN file.

The Quality Control sheet inside the case said it was manufactured in August of 2015, so it's a v1 Inspire. It must not have been sold until now, since it was 100% in the new packaging, unopened.
2016-8-11
Use props
dustindilworth
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-12 00:24
In addition to Donnie's advice, please use this button combination to force a firmware update on th ...

Thank you - I've tried using the 1.3 BIN file and booting the remote regularly, and also in the mode you suggested. No luck. When I connect the controller to any device, and tap the graduation hat / box, it tells me that the device is disconnected, and product is unknown. So I can't tell what version it's on.

Version 1.3 came out around the time this drone was manufactured, back in August of 2015, so it's quite possible the RC is on an older version of firmware. But I can't seem to find the file for that online.
2016-8-11
Use props
dustindilworth
lvl.1
United States

I've also tried different USB drives, 2.0 and 3.0, and tried using the SD card in an SD card reader-to-USB adapter. Tried formatting in both FAT32 and exFAT.
2016-8-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

dustindilworth Posted at 2016-8-12 01:23
Thank you - I've tried using the 1.3 BIN file and booting the remote regularly, and also in the mo ...

The graduation cap would only work with firmware newer than 1.3. When you are on the main page, you should see in gray writing that the RC is connected. When you go into Camera View, you would then go to the About section to check the firmware version.

As far as mobile device settings are concerned, did you allow USB Debugging on your Android or "trusted this device" on your iOS? Do you see any indication on the mobile device that something was connected via USB? If you're not getting that and you have tried different cables, then there is a chance that you may have a bad USB port on the RC.
2016-8-11
Use props
dustindilworth
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-12 01:54
The graduation cap would only work with firmware newer than 1.3. When you are on the main page, yo ...

Yeah, that's the thing. On Android, I've been in USB debugging mode, and that doesn't help. There is no 'trust this device' message on any iOS device, and I've tried 4 different cables. I've even tried downloading the old APK files (android app files) for the DJI Go app from last year, in case it would only work with older versions of the app. I believe it is actually the USB port. It hasn't worked from the very beginning. Working with the dealer to get the remote replaced. I really appreciate all the help, everyone.
2016-8-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

dustindilworth Posted at 2016-8-12 01:59
Yeah, that's the thing. On Android, I've been in USB debugging mode, and that doesn't help. There  ...

Good to hear that you are working to get this addressed. Please keep us posted.
2016-8-11
Use props
dustindilworth
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-12 02:14
Good to hear that you are working to get this addressed. Please keep us posted.

I don't get it. I had 2 extra controllers ship in today, and they are not connecting to DJI go either. I've tried an iPad Air 2, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6s Plus, and a Moto G. And I've tried 5 different cables and even factory restored the iPad. I'm sending the whole unit into DJI now.

The problem is that the Inspire is stuck in landing mode. I can get a controller to connect, but when I try entering travel mode, the Inspire won't respond. Any way I can manually go into travel mode?
2016-8-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

dustindilworth Posted at 2016-8-13 01:47
I don't get it. I had 2 extra controllers ship in today, and they are not connecting to DJI go eit ...

This does seem odd. What LED color are you getting off the replacement controllers? When you just connect the RC to the app (aircraft is off), can you enter camera view and see its firmware version on the About section? Can you conform what Go app version you have? To ensure the RC is actually binding, please perform this RC button combination:

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD.
*Let go all fingers, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.

2016-8-12
Use props
dustindilworth
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-13 01:59
This does seem odd. What LED color are you getting off the replacement controllers? When you just c ...

One of the replacement controllers was red. I was able to manually sync it with the Inspire, and it was solid green. I could make the gimbal move around just a little with the left stick, but it would not respond when I tried placing it into travel mode, strangely. And of course, would not connect to the GO app.

The other controller was used, and in slave mode, so the light was purple. Would not connect to the GO app either, but maybe because it's a slave remote(?). Couldn't find a way of resetting it, and it won't respond to the 3 or 4 button combo either.
2016-8-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

dustindilworth Posted at 2016-8-13 05:00
One of the replacement controllers was red. I was able to manually sync it with the Inspire, and i ...

When you just connect the RC to the app (aircraft is off), can you enter camera view and see its firmware version on the About section? Can you also conform what Go app version you have?
2016-8-12
Use props
dustindilworth
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-13 05:41
When you just connect the RC to the app (aircraft is off), can you enter camera view and see its f ...

That's the thing...None of the controllers will enter camera mode with aircraft off. I'm beginning to think it's an issue with the app, but I've tried so many different devices and cables... It's the current version of DJI Go found in the app store. Sorry, can't find the v. number.
2016-8-12
Use props
dustindilworth
lvl.1
United States

dustindilworth Posted at 2016-8-13 06:03
That's the thing...None of the controllers will enter camera mode with aircraft off. I'm beginning ...

(They won't enter camera mode with aircraft on either, of course.)
2016-8-12
Use props
dustindilworth
lvl.1
United States

I'm supposed to be able to enter camera mode even if the drone isn't connected to the controller, correct? At least to perform updates or change from master/slave?
2016-8-12
Use props
dustindilworth
lvl.1
United States

All these controllers. All these devices. Cables. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Factory restored. Downgraded. CAN NOT ENTER CAMERA VIEW!!!
13891835_1255105834501701_7584336784948964712_n.jpg
2016-8-12
Use props
dustindilworth
lvl.1
United States

Ok, so I have a theory I'm going to write out...
- I opened my Inspire, placed it into landing mode, attached the camera and updated the firmware without registering the i1 and the RC in DJI Go (big mistake, apparently).
- Doing this brought the drone to 2016 software, while the RC was stuck on 2015 software.
- Both are sitting on different firmwares and are not registered with DJI.
- Now, when connecting the drone and RC, the RC is giving a green light, and can move the gimbal, but the drone is flashing yellow really fast, indicating it's not connected to a controller.
- In other words, the RC thinks everything is OK because the Inspire is just on newer firmware, but the Inspire will not accept the controller since it's on old firmware still.
- I'm not getting the camera view button with the controller because it's on older firmware, or because needs to be registered with DJI first, which never happened.
- Perhaps all the firmware upgrades I've been trying on the controller is not working because it's not registered, too.
- All the above is true for controller 2 since it's a new one that came from Amazon. I would need it connected to a registered Inspire to register the new controller, and for camera view to begin working in the app.
- Controller 3 was used, from eBay, and is in slave mode which is why it can't pair with the Inspire or show camera view button. I believe a master controller would need to be on and connected to the Inspire before camera view will be an option with the slave controller, while connected to the Go app.
- So, the solution I keep coming back to is to send the Inspire and controller to DJI to be serviced. 0 flights!
- I got a good deal on it, and the retailer does not have a replacement for me, so return/exchange is not the option I want.
- A perfect storm.
- I'd cry if I were a weaker man.
- Maybe I should just let it happen.
2016-8-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

dustindilworth Posted at 2016-8-13 13:16
Ok, so I have a theory I'm going to write out...
- I opened my Inspire, placed it into landing mode, ...

You can change the Slave controller to a Master by resetting the RC. Please try the following combination, I know there are a bunch of different ones to try but bare with me:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote. That would make the slave a new master.

Please let me know if this helps. The other thing that you want to ensure is that the mobile device does register that the RC is reading as something that's connected via USB. Please let me know what you're able to find.

Sometimes letting it happen is good for the sanity.
2016-8-13
Use props
dustindilworth
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-14 11:17
You can change the Slave controller to a Master by resetting the RC. Please try the following comb ...

Jamie, thanks for your continued support with this. With the slave remote ... I've tried the button combination you suggested, and whenever I turn the controller back on, it just goes back into slave mode. I also tried pressing the c1+c2+shutter combo, and it doesn't seem to beep (blue light blinking too) in pairing mode like it does with the master remotes. I then tried resetting the remote by pressing c1+c2+shutter+right toggle while powering up, and it still boots into slave mode. And, of course, DJI go app is not recognizing it when connected over USB to the app (on any device and with any cable).

I've worked with DJI Care over the phone to figure this out, too, and we decided to send the original remote and Inspire to the repair facility. Since you've been incredibly helpful with this, and are pretty familiar with my situation, are you able to help oversee my service request, and keep an eye out for it?

Since I could not connect and go back into travel mode, I've had to improvise how I'll be shipping it in (photo attached).
13925186_1256018227743795_5796029730602676872_n.jpg
2016-8-13
Use props
dustindilworth
lvl.1
United States

Update: I was able to get it into travel mode using the screw in the worm drive (I think it's called). Safely in it's case to be shipped to DJI.
2016-8-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

dustindilworth Posted at 2016-8-15 06:03
Update: I was able to get it into travel mode using the screw in the worm drive (I think it's called ...

Thank you for the update, I'm glad to hear that it's getting addressed. You will be up and running in no time.
2016-8-15
Use props
dustindilworth
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-15 12:40
Thank you for the update, I'm glad to hear that it's getting addressed. You will be up and running ...

I sure hope so! I received an email today that concerns me, though.
My Inspire 1 was checked in yesterday, and today I received a 'damage assurance' email that mentions an invoice being emailed to me within 24 hours. I'm concerned because my issue was not related to damage, and having an 'invoice' sent implies they are trying to charge me(?). I sent 2 forms of proof of purchase in the Inspire 1 case which show the date of purchase as July 27, 2016. Any idea what might be going on with this?
Screen Shot 2016-08-23 at 3.24.18 PM.png
2016-8-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

dustindilworth Posted at 2016-8-24 03:26
I sure hope so! I received an email today that concerns me, though.
My Inspire 1 was checked in ye ...

All repairs, warranty or non warranty, generate some type of invoice but the warranty invoices have a $0 figure at the end. After some digging, I found out that you will be receiving a warranty service so you won't need to worry about paying for anything.
2016-8-23
Use props
dustindilworth
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-23 16:50
All repairs, warranty or non warranty, generate some type of invoice but the warranty invoices hav ...

Nice! Thanks for looking into it, Jamie. I just reloaded the status, and it now says 'free of charge'. Will I need to wait for the invoice to show up before knowing what needed to be repaired? Thanks again!
2016-8-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

dustindilworth Posted at 2016-8-24 05:01
Nice! Thanks for looking into it, Jamie. I just reloaded the status, and it now says 'free of char ...

I'm unsure whether you would receive the invoice itself, as it's something that's normally available internally. The exception would be for non warranty cases. For warranty cases, you would be just be notified of what was done to the craft after repairs are completed.
2016-8-23
Use props
ir.light.builds
New
Flight distance : 12694 ft
United Kingdom

I have the exact same problem as you have with the exact same results. Did you get this issue fixed.
My problem is that I bought the inspire 1 used with 4 hours flight time. The RC has an added range extender which would void the warranty. I was thinking I could just buy another RC and pair with the inspire. Reading your post, this is not as simple as I thought. Seems like I have an inspire 1 that I can do nothing with. A lot invested into it. 4 batteries, Head play, Flytrex and possibly other things I cant recall.

I am desperate for help to get my inspire back in the Air.

My X3 camera works with my Osmo. I get the camera button on the go app. Not for the inspire, no camera button available to click on.

Ian
2016-9-27
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

ir.light.builds Posted at 2016-9-27 03:19
I have the exact same problem as you have with the exact same results. Did you get this issue fixed. ...

What is your specific challenge ?  ( the more info the better )  By the way you can use another Inspire transmitter and make it the Master No problem, as long as you follow some basic steps.
I have done it more than once , No Problem.  I think the origianl poster had some unusual circumstance.  It may have been they were trying to use an Phantom transmitter for a Inspire, they look exactly the same and this can cause problems.   

Start a new thread and let us all try to help you .  

donnie

2016-9-27
Use props
ir.light.builds
New
Flight distance : 12694 ft
United Kingdom

Donnie Posted at 2016-9-27 13:37
What is your specific challenge ?  ( the mnore info the better )  By the way you can use another In ...

Hello Donnie

I have just been reading one of your long 4 page threads. I have tried some of the things you mention to try to get the RC working. To no avail. Have sent you an email explainning my sittuation

ian
2016-9-27
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

ir.light.builds Posted at 2016-9-27 08:51
Hello Donnie

I have just been reading one of your long 4 page threads. I have tried some of the t ...

Ok , I think I understand the challenge.  I am assuming that you re-set the Rc by doing the 4 finger press  this will reset the tranmitter back to the first one ever loaded on the systrem.  It can also potentially  turn the remote control settings from Master to Off.  You need to check this first if it will let you .  Make sure you close that Litchi app when in the Go app as well.

Next I want you to read the directions on how to load via the Thumb drive here :http://forum.dji.com/thread-47572-1-1.html

Once you understand the basi9cs I want you to try to load 1.3 file here to the thumb drive .  

http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/i ... rev1.3.0.00__en.zip
make sure you get the BIN file Only !!

Now if this loads try to update the Rc vgai the Go app like usual.  Use a fixed Internet siganl and not a phone internet.  

If that wont work then you can try to use my 1.6 file from the Thread above .  Dont use the 1.7 file , I am having trouble getting that one to work .  

Once you have a file back on the RC transmitter it should update just fine .
do not turn on the aircraft during this process either.  After you get 1.6 loaded to the Rc see if it will connect to the AC , if it wont, try to re -link via the remote control serttings page on go app.

let me know

donnie

2016-9-27
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

ir.light.builds Posted at 2016-9-27 08:51
Hello Donnie

I have just been reading one of your long 4 page threads. I have tried some of the t ...

also when you were updating the RC , you cannot use the 1.8 or 1.9 files .  these are not the correct ones.  You can only use the GO App for updating most of the time now of the RC.  BUT since you did a re-set that can do a whole lot of stuff that will have to be unwound.

We just have to go at this bit by bit and see where you are

donnie

2016-9-27
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules