1032 4 2016-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Positveimage
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2772 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Guys,

After updating my master remote to 1.7.40 no problems, however when I update the slave remote it shows the camera image but the sticks no longer move the gimbal.
Requesting control from the master remote is also different, there is no means of entering the password and it just comes up with "Gimbal control request timeout" although as I say it is showing the camera image, just no stick contol.
I have substituted the master for the slave and visa versa but the result is still the same.
Anyone else having this issue?

I have downgraded both controllers to 1.6 and they both work perfectley which suggests there is a bug in the 1.7 firmware for the remote.

I am assuming that version 1.6 with aircraft firmware 1.9.1.30 is ok?

Many thanks

2016-8-10
Use props
simonm
lvl.3
Flight distance : 406886 ft

I had this problem and eventually found that doing the following fixed it for me:

1. Deleted the GO app and then downloaded and reinstalled it (IOS version 2.8.6)
2. Did a gimbal auto calibration on the slave remote - sticks started working

Interestingly I then hooked up a different ipad to the slave and had stick control but lost the video. Deleting and reinstalling the GO app sorted this problem.

Given the large number of problems reported clearly there is some issue with updating the RCs to 1.7.40, possibly when combined with the GO update.
2016-8-10
Use props
adam1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 326421 ft
United States

I just had to request slave permission again.  Are you sure you didn't see the message about setting reset?
2016-8-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

After updatime to the 1.7 firmware, I would recommend trying simonm and adam1's suggestions and see if that helps. You can also try the following button combination to reset the RC of any presets:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and reset the RC as the Slave.

2016-8-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

simonm Posted at 2016-8-10 21:37
I had this problem and eventually found that doing the following fixed it for me:

1. Deleted the GO ...

There's always the chance that there is residual data left from firmware updates that can cause these kinds of errors. Normally refreshing the app and the connections in general tend to rectify these issues.
2016-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules