Unusal App Glitch
671 6 2016-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
usarfireman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79957 ft
United Kingdom

I was using my P4 at the beach yesterday everything was fine no problem, decided to have one last flight on remaining battery power, on starting everything up again I could not get a video feed everything else was working including map and controls, restarted P4 and controler and then restarted the app still no video feed, did the same again still no video, thought the worse, decided to check my phone again on checking the apps I was running found I had Pokemon Go running in background which i had only started a little while before the last flight on quiting the app and opening DJI app everything was fine again and flew with no problems very strange
2016-8-10
Use props
jwt873
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

It could be that the Pokemon app was using all the cameras resources, even while in the background.  It is a video intensive app.

Hmmm..   I wonder if DJI would add Pokemon capabilities to DJI Go..    Then you could hunt from the air
2016-8-10
Use props
mochorm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 940148 ft
Canada

That doesn't seem unusual to me at all. Does your device even have the computing power to run Pokemon and DJI Go together?

Suggest you NEVER run background apps while using your device to fly your Phantom!! Apps can crash and/or hog the Devices CPU.
I want ALL the devices resources directed to run my flying app so that I can get the best experience possible with the least chance another app is going to cause trouble.

The last thing any of us want is to loose our Bird just because of some ill behaving app, or the device doesn't have enough CPU power to process all the data and craps out!
2016-8-10
Use props
michael_judd
lvl.1

United States

Agreed, I put my tablet into airplane mode, no wifi no internet, nothing to interfere with flying
2016-8-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm sure it's the processing power required for both apps wasn't enough for your device. You really should have ONLY the DJI GO app running when flying.
2016-8-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

jwt873@gmail.co Posted at 2016-8-11 01:02
It could be that the Pokemon app was using all the cameras resources, even while in the background.  ...

Personally speaking, I hope not.
2016-8-10
Use props
usarfireman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79957 ft
United Kingdom

Yep all correct on all points but the main point is I just plain forgot it was on in background   , lesson learnt was using the iPhone 6 Plus for everyone's info  
2016-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules