Should I cancel my order? and get a phantom instead?
1576 13 2015-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kev1799
lvl.2

United States

iPhone/iPad User (no intention of switching) .

I am a round three order and hasnt shipped yet.

I'd prefer the 4k Camera/Lightbridge capabilities , but if I cant even use it with my iOS devices the investment seems less than worthwhile.
2015-1-27
Use props
Jscgaston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316772 ft
  • >>>
United States

No, wait for it
2015-1-27
Use props
dbeck.email
lvl.4

United States

Learn on the PT2V+ first.  Then V2 of the Inspire will be out
2015-1-27
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

I would encourage you to wait.* You'll kick yourself if you buy the Phantom and a week or so later Apple approves the app for Inspire 1. More often than not, patience pays off in a big way.

Second, and perhaps more importantly, you can't really compare the two--technologically and photographically.

* My Inspire 1 is arriving tomorrow, so this is the recommendation of someone who hasn't even flown it yet.
2015-1-27
Use props
Propslinger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19633 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am also in round three, waiting , it will be worth it. I have three Phantoms 1 FC 40 and 2 Vision 2 +. My P2+ is great so I have very high expectations for my Inspire.
2015-1-27
Use props
dwartenburg.ema
lvl.2
United States

Try the Copter Shop, I cancelled my order a had a band new Inspire the very next day.
2015-1-27
Use props
kev1799
lvl.2

United States

Thanks. I guess my biggest concern is making an investment into an item that was pre-ordered when it actually supported the devices that i purhcased to go with it.
2015-1-27
Use props
FrostyThe2nd
lvl.2

United States

In my opinion, I just don't see Apple bending over to approve the Pilot app.  I'm just going in already thinking Apple is out of the picture even though I'm an Apple everything kind of person.  Lets say Apple does allow DJI with the condition that the app uses a Wifi connection (like the Phantom's)  to the Tx and not via USB, I would think latency issues will be a huge nuisance.  That's why I gave in to my first Android device.  With that being said, I still think you should wait in the hope that Apple might miraculously approve the app.  If it doesn't get approved, then you can either cancel and return for a Phantom instead.  So far, I love my Inspire.  It's worth the money even without iOS.  So far I have not had any problems with the exception that mine didn't come with an instruction manual or landing gear stickers that say's "Inspire".
2015-1-27
Use props
dwartenburg.ema
lvl.2
United States

I went round and round with the Apple vs Android. Today a bought a Verizon Galaxy Tab s 10.4, it works great! If Apple is your thing, I would just be patient and maybe buy a Note 4 or a Tab s 8.4 to use for now.  I would hope that Apple would get this done, for a company that has a decline in business, you would think they would be jumping to have folks using their products. Who knows, I'll say this though... After driving the Phantom 2 Vision +, I promise that you will LOVE the inspire.
2015-1-27
Use props
kev1799
lvl.2

United States

thanks everyone.
2015-1-27
Use props
neuroverse
lvl.1

United States

If you decide to go Android, I'd recommend NVIDIA Shield over the Galaxy Tabs.
2015-1-27
Use props
dazouri
lvl.1

United States

Inspire in stock at FPVNinjas.com get one there, thats what I did.  Daz
2015-1-27
Use props
jhogge
lvl.2

United States

"for a company that has a decline in business, you would think they would be jumping to have folks using their products."

FYI - Today apple posted the biggest quarterly profit in history. Apple sold 74.5 million iPhones in the three months to 27 December - far ahead of any industry analyst's expectations.

I doubt the customer base of DJI is not large enough to influence a company that sold $18 Billion in product in one financial quarter. And I am one of these customers who loves my IPad Air 2 and really want to be able to use it with my Inspire 1.

We will see i guess.. one can hope.
2015-1-27
Use props
FrostyThe2nd
lvl.2

United States

jhogge Posted at 2015-1-28 11:52
"for a company that has a decline in business, you would think they would be jumping to have folks u ...

I see someone here is also up to date with Apple.  Great for my stocks   Bad for my Inspire
2015-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules