Drone will not enter travel mode
1676 12 2016-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UnSean1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

My new updated Inspire will not enter travel mode from go app or manually.

Any help thanks.

Sean

2016-8-11
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Update the RC to newest firmware, helped a friend with the same issue. After updating Firmware all worked fine.
2016-8-11
Use props
UnSean1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Cougar1 Posted at 2016-8-11 16:20
Update the RC to newest firmware, helped a friend with the same issue. After updating Firmware all w ...

Thanks, but using latest firmware in everything
2016-8-11
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

So  you are using firmware 1.7.40 on the remote controller? My friend had the same issue where landing gear would not go in travel mode using either the app or the switch on the RC. After updating the RC it all worked.
2016-8-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

UnSean1 Posted at 2016-8-11 23:22
Thanks, but using latest firmware in everything

Do you have the VPS enabled? Are you trying to do this on a smooth flat surface? Can you connect to the DJI Go app, get camera view, and confrim what firmware versions you have on your unit?
2016-8-11
Use props
UnSean1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-11 17:38
Do you have the VPS enabled? Are you trying to do this on a smooth flat surface? Can you connect t ...

Yes, all latest firmware drone, rc, camera, etc I got it to work now by sitting it on the case, it does not like my carpet. thanks for the help guys.
2016-8-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

UnSean1 Posted at 2016-8-12 04:07
Yes, all latest firmware drone, rc, camera, etc I got it to work now by sitting it on the case, it ...

Good to hear you were able to resolve the issue. Let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.
2016-8-11
Use props
taborproduction
lvl.1

First one wouldn't leave travel mode. Replacement doesn't work either.
2016-8-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

taborproduction Posted at 2016-8-14 03:04
First one wouldn't leave travel mode. Replacement doesn't work either.

Could you happen to elaborate? Did you replace the aircraft or the RC? What troubleshooting steps have you done thus far?
2016-8-15
Use props
fans1c7737b1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30476 ft
United States

This is just a quick thank you to those who shared the same issue and those who offered solutions.  I had the same problem on a one week old Inspire 1 v2.0.  My issue turned out to be the surface I was on.  Seems Inspire likes dark and smooth surfaces.  No grass or carpet.

Cheers  
2016-11-15
Use props
Enal
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27241 ft
United States

Suddenly after a flight today mine won't enter travel mode. I thought my case suddenly grew bigger! Haha

I did notice that during the flight that the altitude being called out was -2 at 3ft and then -4 at landing.

I'm not sure how that happened, but I'll be looking at it closer tonight and hopefully solve the issue.
2016-12-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Enal Posted at 2016-12-2 06:44
Suddenly after a flight today mine won't enter travel mode. I thought my case suddenly grew bigger!  ...

You may need to check the VPS sensors to see if they need to be cleaned. In addition, what kind of surface would you attempting to switch to travel mode on? An IMU calibration can help with the altitude reading as well.
2016-12-1
Use props
Enal
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27241 ft
United States

I figured out my problem... It's the hard surface issue!  

Meaning that I was holding the Inspire in my hand about 3ft off the ground when I put it into Travel Mode instead of sitting it on the top of the case or hard flat surface.

Last night I put a battery in it and put it into Fly Mode and back into Travel Mode and it was fine...

Thanks for the response!
2016-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules